Problems, glitches, issues and observations etc

Interestingly when I sat in the AGT at Millbrae, the wireless phone charger had the capability to charge two phones, but I thought I read here it could only charge one phone. My iphone 12 Pro Max wouldn't fit with the case on, but did fit fine with it off. However, as noted by someone here, couldn't shut the top cover because the iphone is just a little too tall. @Lucidisthebest, I'm wondering if your charging pad can accommodate two phones??
In my Dream, only the driver side charging pad works.....and it works 50% of the time, which is not good. Even when I take the phone case off.

In my Dream, only the driver side charging pad works.....and it works 50% of the time, which is not good. Even when I take the phone case off.

But there is a space for the passenger side? If so you are saying it is not functional?

Yes, in the center console, there is a place for the driver to charge and a spot for the passenger to charge.....

I'm really excited about this. It's been sort of a life's dream to be in Torque News. I'm not sure I can go any higher at this point!
Ha. I am proud that I am "exactly the type of customer a brand new, ambitious car company needs." Indeed, I really hope that all media scouring these forums will focus on the positive side of our posts. All forums are filled with positive and negative comments, and thus far, the only negativity about the Air DE is that the initial batch has some software kinks that need resolving, and that the rest of us are awaiting this resolution before our cars arrived. The rest is glowing praise and love for the vehicle itself.

Phone charging is only available on the driver side. But there is a spot for two phones.
16415838456775704259938517755343.jpg

Yes, in the center console, there is a place for the driver to charge and a spot for the passenger to charge.....

Has Lucid repair given you any information regarding how they plan to make it 100% functional for both you and the passenger side?

Phone charging is only available on the driver side. But there is a spot for two phones.
View attachment 463

I was told at the Millbrae repair center that both sides should charge phones. Why have a spot for the passenger to put his phone if it is non-functional?

This is only an assumption, but I understand why there is no wireless charging for the passenger, because they would most likely be hiding their phone and could plug it in, while the driver won't, but it seems like a not so expensive feature to have included both sides.

I was told at the Millbrae repair center that both sides should charge phones. Why have a spot for the passenger to put his phone if it is non-functional?

I missed the "charging" symbol on the driver side in your photo.

The manual confirms that it is only driver-side charging.

1641585013074.png

Not yet. Lucid's HQ IT team is working up an approach to these problems, and the techs will come back to the house if the fixes cannot be done over the air.

@hmp10, haven't heard any updates regarding all the issues you are facing. Did you hear anything at all over the course of this week from Lucid?

Anybody else out there getting "BUFFERING" 50%+ of the time when trying to use the radio?

All forums are filled with positive and negative comments, and thus far, the only negativity about the Air DE is that the initial batch has some software kinks that need resolving, and that the rest of us are awaiting this resolution before our cars arrived. The rest is glowing praise and love for the vehicle itself.
Yes, ‘only’ software kinks, but that translates to numerous issues for different owners.

@hmp10, haven't heard any updates regarding all the issues you are facing. Did you hear anything at all over the course of this week from Lucid?

The service tech who was here on Monday is here again today (two hours so far). He came with a list from the HQ IT engineering team of things, both hardware and software related, to check. The Lucid Service Center called me twice during the week to assure me that the problems were being worked on and that a tech would be here as soon as the HQ team issued him instructions about how to proceed. I got the call yesterday afternoon asking if I could be here today to meet him.

I certainly can't fault Lucid for their service efforts. Today's visit may not yet bring an end to my woes, but I believe that they're going to keep at this until the car's software is working.

What I'm more worried about right now is Alexa. It's voice recognition is abysmal, and even when it correctly repeats back to me what I asked it to do, a significant portion of the time it tells me it can't. I have literally gotten five different reasons in a row why Alexa can't complete a phone call I'm asking it to make. I then ask "Hey, Siri" to make the call, and it goes straight through every time, with audio coming through the car as it should.

Day before yesterday I asked Alexa to "navigate to home". It asked me to give it the address, and I did. It then brought up the route. I had been told that this would store the home address in Alexa. (I had already stored the home address in the car's software.) Yesterday afternoon I asked Alexa to "navigate to home", and it said it no such address could be found. When I again gave it the full address, it said it "cannot perform this function". Then last night I tried again, telling Alexa to "navigate to home", and it brought the correct route up straightaway.

Several times I have asked Alexa to adjust the A/C, using the exact phrase listed in the instruction guide. Once it has worked, twice it hasn't, one time saying "Alexa doesn't support this device", and one time just staying silent while the blue bar flashed until if finally went out.

Using Alexa is a complete crap shoot. Alexa gets fairly miserable reviews for its automotive application, and I'm worried that Lucid is not a big enough fish to put pressure on Amazon to make Alexa a better control system for the Air.

The service tech who was here on Monday is here again today (two hours so far). He came with a list from the HQ IT engineering team of things, both hardware and software related, to check. The Lucid Service Center called me twice during the week to assure me that the problems were being worked on and that a tech would be here as soon as the HQ team issued him instructions about how to proceed. I got the call yesterday afternoon asking if I could be here today to meet him.

I certainly can't fault Lucid for their service efforts. Today's visit may not yet bring an end to my woes, but I believe that they're going to keep at this until the car's software is working.

What I'm more worried about right now is Alexa. It's voice recognition is abysmal, and even when it correctly repeats back to me what I asked it to do, a significant portion of the time it tells me it can't. I have literally gotten five different reasons in a row why Alexa can't complete a phone call I'm asking it to make. I then ask "Hey, Siri" to make the call, and it goes straight through every time, with audio coming through the car as it should.

Day before yesterday I asked Alexa to "navigate to home". It asked me to give it the address, and I did. It then brought up the route. I had been told that this would store the home address in Alexa. (I had already stored the home address in the car's software.) Yesterday afternoon I asked Alexa to "navigate to home", and it said it no such address could be found. When I again gave it the full address, it said it "cannot perform this function". Then last night I tried again, telling Alexa to "navigate to home", and it brought the correct route up straightaway.

Several times I have asked Alexa to adjust the A/C, using the exact phrase listed in the instruction guide. Once it has worked, twice it hasn't, one time saying "Alexa doesn't support this device", and one time just staying silent while the blue bar flashed until if finally went out.

Using Alexa is a complete crap shoot. Alexa gets fairly miserable reviews for its automotive application, and I'm worried that Lucid is not a big enough fish to put pressure on Amazon to make Alexa a better control system for the Air.

That's a bummer to hear about Alexa. Our Polestar has the Google Auto system in it and it's nearly perfect from a voice recognition and functionality standpoint. Honestly one of the best implementation of "Big Tech" in a car that I've seen.

Hopefully when they release Apple CarPlay that will at least give us the option of using Siri instead. Although it means using Apple Navigation which probably won't be helpful when estimating the percent remaining at a destination for example.

This is only an assumption, but I understand why there is no wireless charging for the passenger, because they would most likely be hiding their phone and could plug it in, while the driver won't, but it seems like a not so expensive feature to have included both sides.

Our Tesla will charge up to four phones wirelessly, and the software allows you to identify one phone as the primary phone. If that phone is in the car along with another phone that is also paired to the car, the primary phone is the only one that will operate through the car's software and audio system. That way there's no confusion if a call comes through on one phone while another phone is in use.

I've asked the techs if Lucid will let you identify one phone as the primary phone, but it won't.

Our Polestar has the Google Auto system in it . . . .

Our Lucid tech showed up today in a Polestar 2. He said Lucid is using them for dispatching techs when all the equipment in the service van is not needed.

Agree, total head scratcher. A luxury car should have them just about everywhere since that is the direction things are going. It's 5V can't drain battery to have more than one.

Back