Problems, glitches, issues and observations etc

that's why it's on the screen right in front of you

Well if that's the biggest problem when I get mine I'll be thrilled.

Is there any car out right now that has a shift stalk illuminated? Genuinely asking out of curiosity.

Is there any car out right now that has a shift stalk illuminated? Genuinely asking out of curiosity.
On my tesla, the screen is lit so u can see if u are going in d or r, on my bmw, it is light up. Ive never had a car where u couldnt see in advance if u are going into drive or reverse. This was an oversight by lucid

what? It clearly shows what mode you are in..
20220103_165535.jpg

On my tesla, the screen is lit so u can see if u are going in d or r, on my bmw, it is light up. Ive never had a car where u couldnt see in advance if u are going into drive or reverse. This was an oversight by lucid
These letters should be lit up when the lights are on

Attachments

• 02BC8FFE-C5EF-4E5C-AA6C-79F3E5F78E82.png
    02BC8FFE-C5EF-4E5C-AA6C-79F3E5F78E82.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 206
Yes, you can see it on the screen – but in this case to shift to Reverse you shift UP and to shift to Drive you shift DOWN. You basically have to assume you are in Neutral when parked, or the stalk represents RND and the button on the stalk represents Park.
IMG_1731.jpeg

The letters should be illuminated, because you can't see them at night. Go sit in your Mercedes, BMW, or Audi and you will see when the lights are on (its dark outside), you can see the letters. Common sense.

Bmw at night
Yeah, my wife drives one of those too (plug-in hybrid):

IMG_1736.jpeg

It's all fine and good, except you have to press a little button on the left of the gear shift nob to get it out of Park. I always forget on the first try. All new cars have a learning curve

View attachment 505
It's all fine and good, except you have to press a little button on the left of the gear shift nob to get it out of Park. I always forget on the first try. All new cars have a learning curve
Lucid at night…u cant see

Attachments

• 6F38EDD9-9163-4E70-9B90-AC966EE15154.jpeg
    6F38EDD9-9163-4E70-9B90-AC966EE15154.jpeg
    894.2 KB · Views: 196

View attachment 505
[/QUOTE
Minor deatail..:my car doors taking 20 seconds to open a much bigger issue

Minor deatail..:my car doors taking 20 seconds to open a much bigger issue
I'm sure this has been mentioned before multiple times, but rather than waiting 20 seconds, you can push on the driver's door handle to unlock the car. That's not the ultimate answer – it should just work, but I noticed that if I don't get into the car right away or walk around the car for a while, the doors will lock. At that point, I need to walk away wait and come back, or just press the door handle. A quick press will not unlock the doors, you have to hold it in for 2-3 seconds.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before multiple times, but rather than waiting 20 seconds, you can push on the driver's door handle to unlock the car. That's not the ultimate answer – it should just work, but I noticed that if I don't get into the car right away or walk around the car for a while, the doors will lock. At that point, I need to walk away wait and come back, or just press the door handle. A quick press will not unlock the doors, you have to hold it in for 2-3 seconds.
Yea, after having it for a week, I just started pressing the door handles to open without issue. It's pretty standard like any other car where you push the handle or pull to unlock.

My subwoofer has gone out again. Is anyone else having this problem? Software glitch or a bad connection?

Update:

Just got off the phone with Customer Service. A soft reset restored the bass, indicating this is probably a software issue. However, they say they still have to send a mobile tech to diagnose it. This will be the third tech visit since last Monday. ( I have a feeling that, even at $169,000, Lucid is still going to lose money on the Dream Edition.)

And, as usual, Alexa is malfunctioning. I had already tried to place two phone calls with Alexa and got the response that "Alexa does not support calling on this device". So I placed the calls through Siri with no problem. While I was on the phone with the Service Center, I tested the bass with my usual "The Road to Ensenada" by Lyle Lovett. The service rep asked me to call up "Love Games" by Level 42. I asked Alexa for that song, and it responded properly with, "now playing Love Games by Level 42". However, Lyle Lovett just kept playing. The service rep said that they're having a lot of problems with Alexa and have a team working on it.

Last edited:
Do you look down to see what gear you are in to shift? Or is it instictive?

Try driving a stick looking down.

My subwoofer has gone out again. Is anyone else having this problem? Software glitch or a bad connection?

Update:

Just got off the phone with Customer Service. A soft reset restored the bass, indicating this is probably a software issue. However, they say they still have to send a mobile tech to diagnose it. This will be the third tech visit since last Monday. ( I have a feeling that, even at $169,000, Lucid is still going to lose money on the Dream Edition.)

And, as usual, Alexa is malfunctioning. I had already tried to place two phone calls with Alexa and got the response that "Alexa does not support calling on this device". So I place the calls through Siri with no problem. While I was on the phone with the Service Center, I tested the bass with my usual "The Road to Ensenada" by Lyle Lovett. The service rep asked me to call up "Love Games" by Level 42. I asked Alexa for that song, and it responded properly with, "now playing Love Games by Level 42". However, Lyle Lovett just kept playing. The service rep said that they're having a lot of problems with Alexa and have a team working on it.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the decision was made to incorporate Alexa. After a good friend of mine's toddler ordered a whole bunch of cheese from Amazon because he wanted a grilled cheese I knew then...

Back