Problems, glitches, issues and observations etc

Kzooguy

Cars
Maybach, Cullinan, BMW i7
DE Number
I am starting this thread just to try to restrict the topic to specific issues us early DE owners are having. Might be easier to sort and look for issues that others have mentioned here.

I mentioned after my 30 min test drive yesterday a few items that stood out more as "needs improvement" or totally unacceptable. There are a few other things that have since happened (in less than 24 hours unfortunately).

-We had our car locked, NOT charging/connected, in the garage at night. We woke up at 5:45am this morning to loud honking. Turns out the car was in a alarm/panic mode and sounded SUPER loud. I rushed for my keys and was able to click the fob twice to unlock the car and that did indeed stop the alarm. I have NO idea what caused it.

-Took the car out for another 30 min spin this morning. Stopped at a store and on returning to the car, wanted to put the shopping bags into the front/ frunk. Press and hold on the fob. Nothing. Tried it multiple times with no luck. Got in the car, tried using the panel button for the frunk release. Still nothing. On our way home I noticed the "door ajar" light is staying on even though the doors are all securely closed and locked. I am wondering if there is some issue with the frunk latch and the car now thinks it is stuck open but cannot reverse/close it. I am also wondering if for some random reason if this happened on its own in the middle of the night/early morning and if that was the cause of the alarm/panic to trigger (since the car thinks the frunk is open, when its not).

-Do not like the fact at all that we cannot access the rear trunk with the key fob.. The fob is shaped like a car just like tesla's so why not use similar functionality to open both front and rear? OR atleast come up with a fob button sequence to work with rear trunk.

-I mentioned the lack of button for accessing the homelink once car is in reverse mode since both screens take up camera mode. Would like to see an always there button for homelink.

-My delivery assistant/coach was confident that Lucid decided to "cancel" the mechanical door close/open option. He said all current cars getting delivered don't even have that motor in the doors while some of the earlier cars did. In fact the display car at the Palm Beach studio had the feature where you could just pull on the door latch while seated and the door would close all the way mechanically.

-Still waiting on a call from Lucid to help with Facial recognition.

-Phone as key is useless as stated by most everyone on the forum. I was walking around the house with my phone in pocket and got a notification on the phone. It was a lucid notification showing the app was running. I guess I was in a room in the house too close to the garage where the car was. Went to the garage and saw the car was unlocked. But when I DO want the car to unlock at a parking lot with my phone in my pocket and walking close to the car, it does not.

-I believe @hydbob mentioned that the lane departure warning in his car had suddenly started working after the last update. My car is on the 1.0.6 version and that option does NOT work currently. Hoping I get the OTA for the 1.0.7 soon.

I believe that is everything for my car currently. It drives so well that I am still able to live with these issues. But I do hope that the fix is coming...and very soon.

As of right now this is everything.

I am starting this thread just to try to restrict the topic to specific issues us early DE owners are having. Might be easier to sort and look for issues that others have mentioned here.

I mentioned after my 30 min test drive yesterday a few items that stood out more as "needs improvement" or totally unacceptable. There are a few other things that have since happened (in less than 24 hours unfortunately).

-We had our car locked, NOT charging/connected, in the garage at night. We woke up at 5:45am this morning to loud honking. Turns out the car was in a alarm/panic mode and sounded SUPER loud. I rushed for my keys and was able to click the fob twice to unlock the car and that did indeed stop the alarm. I have NO idea what caused it.

-Took the car out for another 30 min spin this morning. Stopped at a store and on returning to the car, wanted to put the shopping bags into the front/ frunk. Press and hold on the fob. Nothing. Tried it multiple times with no luck. Got in the car, tried using the panel button for the frunk release. Still nothing. On our way home I noticed the "door ajar" light is staying on even though the doors are all securely closed and locked. I am wondering if there is some issue with the frunk latch and the car now thinks it is stuck open but cannot reverse/close it. I am also wondering if for some random reason if this happened on its own in the middle of the night/early morning and if that was the cause of the alarm/panic to trigger (since the car thinks the frunk is open, when its not).

-Do not like the fact at all that we cannot access the rear trunk with the key fob.. The fob is shaped like a car just like tesla's so why not use similar functionality to open both front and rear? OR atleast come up with a fob button sequence to work with rear trunk.

-I mentioned the lack of button for accessing the homelink once car is in reverse mode since both screens take up camera mode. Would like to see an always there button for homelink.

-My delivery assistant/coach was confident that Lucid decided to "cancel" the mechanical door close/open option. He said all current cars getting delivered don't even have that motor in the doors while some of the earlier cars did. In fact the display car at the Palm Beach studio had the feature where you could just pull on the door latch while seated and the door would close all the way mechanically.

-Still waiting on a call from Lucid to help with Facial recognition.

-Phone as key is useless as stated by most everyone on the forum. I was walking around the house with my phone in pocket and got a notification on the phone. It was a lucid notification showing the app was running. I guess I was in a room in the house too close to the garage where the car was. Went to the garage and saw the car was unlocked. But when I DO want the car to unlock at a parking lot with my phone in my pocket and walking close to the car, it does not.

-I believe @hydbob mentioned that the lane departure warning in his car had suddenly started working after the last update. My car is on the 1.0.6 version and that option does NOT work currently. Hoping I get the OTA for the 1.0.7 soon.

I believe that is everything for my car currently. It drives so well that I am still able to live with these issues. But I do hope that the fix is coming...and very soon.

As of right now this is everything.
For frunk, try pushing it closed completely from the outside and then try to open your frunk again. That happened to me before. Was your frunk operating properly before? Mine had an issue with the latches that got replaced and since then has been working as intended.

For frunk, try pushing it closed completely from the outside and then try to open your frunk again. That happened to me before. Was your frunk operating properly before? Mine had an issue with the latches that got replaced and since then has been working as intended.
Yes the frunk worked fine yesterday at delivery and also thereafter. I just tried your suggestion to no avail. I also used the phone app to see if that changed anything and yet again no luck.

Did you try the reset?

The Lucid requires you to get out of the car, wait a few minutes, and then press the key fob once, wait a second, and press again. Horn will honk

Or Ashoka softer reset method.

If you have issues with camera views or other minor issues, you need to Soft Reset to make the functions work.

1. Use your Key Card to open the drivers door. Just hold the card above the camera on the middle post between both left doors.

2. Sit in the seat, turn one of the turn signals. Lr ot Rt, doesnt matter. Let it keep blinking and beeping.

3. Close the drivers door and lock it with Key Card same place to lock it.

4. Wait for few minutes just close to the car, till the turn signal stops blinking.

Then all the camera functions are restored.

I had to do that today to restore my camera functions, which were frozen and none were working on the screen.

Did you try the reset?

The Lucid requires you to get out of the car, wait a few minutes, and then press the key fob once, wait a second, and press again. Horn will honk
Yes, no luck there either. And also tried the other softer reset with the same result.

Last edited:
Dang. Oh yea regarding the app saying it's running, that always comes up for me also, Android, but sometimes I'm not even close to the car so I'm not entirely sure why I'm being notified. I just turned off the notifications so it didn't keep coming up.

What happens if you kill the app, dump the cache and then try the reset(s)?

Then I would try above, turn phone completely off, then reset car. Turn phone back on after reset.

If anything changes this will help software engineers.

Last edited:
Confirmed hmp observation. Locked myself in the back seat using key fob. Wasn't able to get out until I unlocked the car

Has anyone noticed two dark spots near the top of the left side of the headlight beam? We see it on the road and more clearly when the lights come on in the garage.

Reactions: JEM
Yep, there on mine also, not sure if a LED is out, but it seems intentional since it's so symmetrical

Yep, there on mine also, not sure if a LED is out, but it seems intentional since it's so symmetrical

It's symmetrical on ours, too. I'm going to ask the mobile tech about it tomorrow, which is why I wanted to see if it was on other cars.

It's symmetrical on ours, too. I'm going to ask the mobile tech about it tomorrow, which is why I wanted to see if it was on other cars.
Great! Please let us know what he says, it was something I was meaning to ask but kept forgetting

We saw those on our test drive also, we figured it was just something on the test drive vehicle

WTF? After praising the Dolby Atmos audio system to the skies, I got into the car tonight and found the bass totally gone. The woofers seem to have gone off line. Even cranking the bass setting on the equalizer all the way up made no difference at all. (This must be why someone reporting on a test drive said the car had no bass, which had surprised me when I read it.)

And Alexa will not place a call, telling me that the phone must be connected to the car via Bluetooth. However, both the phone and the settings screen in the car show the phone is connected. And when I place a call from the phone, the call audio comes in through the car's system, showing it is, in fact, connected. The phone is also linked to my Alexa account and shows up on the Alexa app.

And Homelink has a mind of its own. We have two door settings programmed in -- Garage Left and Garage Right. When I back out of the garage, both choices come up for closing the door. But when approaching the garage, only Garage Right comes up when I hit the Homelink icon, although I park in Garage Left. I have started carrying a garage door opener in the car. Tonight when this happened, I pressed Garage Right just to see what would happen -- and Garage Left opened even though it never came up on the screen. I don't know how I would have opened Garage Right had I wanted.

Are these anomalies of the larger software problems I'm experiencing, or are others experiencing the same things? I'd like to know what to tell the mobile service tech who is coming tomorrow.

And . . . is there any way to darken or blank out the glaringly bright orange passenger airbag notice that shines right in your eyes when driving at night without a front passenger in the car?

I think it's part of the larger issue with your car. Like Dawktah said, you most likely need a complete wipe of everything. Nothing you are experiencing I have ever seen in the 1.5 months of driving and going through 3 software updates.

That orange light is a set brightness, Bill put some tint on it to reduce the glare, but I've never found it bothersome personally.

WTF? After praising the Dolby Atmos audio system to the skies, I got into the car tonight and found the bass totally gone. The woofers seem to have gone off line. Even cranking the bass setting on the equalizer all the way up made no difference at all. (This must be why someone reporting on a test drive said the car had no bass, which had surprised me when I read it.)

And Alexa will not place a call, telling me that the phone must be connected to the car via Bluetooth. However, both the phone and the settings screen in the car show the phone is connected. And when I place a call from the phone, the call audio comes in through the car's system, showing it is, in fact, connected. The phone is also linked to my Alexa account and shows up on the Alexa app.

And Homelink has a mind of its own. We have two door settings programmed in -- Garage Left and Garage Right. When I back out of the garage, both choices come up for closing the door. But when approaching the garage, only Garage Right comes up when I hit the Homelink icon, although I park in Garage Left. I have started carrying a garage door opener in the car. Tonight when this happened, I pressed Garage Right just to see what would happen -- and Garage Left opened even though it never came up on the screen. I don't know how I would have opened Garage Right had I wanted.

Are these anomalies of the larger software problems I'm experiencing, or are others experiencing the same things? I'd like to know what to tell the mobile service tech who is coming tomorrow.

And . . . is there any way to darken or blank out the glaringly bright orange passenger airbag notice that shines right in your eyes when driving at night without a front passenger in the car?

Do you think the problems you are experiencing are somehow related to the fact that you changed your order from black to Zenith Red and they were trying to rush your vehicle to you before Jan 1st so you can claim the $7,500 tax credit. Were any other red DE's delivered before year end, and if so do they have similar problems, or is it just the unusual software in your car.

Do you think the problems you are experiencing are somehow related to the fact that you changed your order from black to Zenith Red and they were trying to rush your vehicle to you before Jan 1st so you can claim the $7,500 tax credit. Were any other red DE's delivered before year end, and if so do they have similar problems, or is it just the unusual software in your car.

I had wondered that. However, Zak Edson told me that VINs are issued at the time the car goes onto the general assembly line (i. e., after the skateboard has already been built). My VIN was issued on November 19, meaning the car had already been on the general assembly line for five weeks before I contacted Zak. I also wondered if my contact had prompted them to switch me to a test mule, but the car that was delivered was the same VIN that had been assigned weeks earlier.

I had reserved back in September 2018 and was told I would, therefore, be among the earlier deliveries. When I switched to red, that did move me further back in the production queue -- along with everyone else who switched to red -- but I was probably still near the front of the production queue within the batch of red cars, based on my original reservation. So I wouldn't be surprised if I were among the first to receive a red Dream in any case.

I'm suspecting that other posters are correct that the source of my unusual problems is that software Version 1.1.0 was loaded into my car at a time when they had released only up to Version 1.0.7, thus introducing a cascade of issues. As of Saturday, Lucid said they still had not figured out how that happened but were investigating the matter.

Two mobile service techs just arrived. Before I got into the weeds about our car's problems, I asked them about the dark spots in the headlight beam. They said that, due to the brightness of the LED lights, they are there to reduce the light intensity in the area where oncoming drivers might have a problem. They said most systems lower the entire beam, but Lucid took a more focused approach.

As for the freezing and blanking out of our screens, their service center has seen it in one more car (in Pensacola), which was running software version 1.0.4.

Back