Phone as a Key Issues since Android 14 Update

1stEV

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I've recently noticed that lately while I'm driving i will get the message on my car that the "key is no longer detected". Sometimes it seems to happen after 20 minutes and sometimes after 50 minutes of driving. If I go into my phone (usually i place it in my center console area) and open the Lucid app it will then seem to start working again and the car will see the key. This has really only started happening to me in the last few weeks and I think it may have started after I updated my Phone's OS to Android 14.

I have the permissions for my phone set to allow the app to access location at all times and other than that i didn't change anything with my settings since getting the update. Anyone with any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it?

I've recently noticed that lately while I'm driving i will get the message on my car that the "key is no longer detected". Sometimes it seems to happen after 20 minutes and sometimes after 50 minutes of driving. If I go into my phone (usually i place it in my center console area) and open the Lucid app it will then seem to start working again and the car will see the key. This has really only started happening to me in the last few weeks and I think it may have started after I updated my Phone's OS to Android 14.

I have the permissions for my phone set to allow the app to access location at all times and other than that i didn't change anything with my settings since getting the update. Anyone with any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it?
Oddly, the center console can be a dead area for the key.

I occasionally get this message while carrying the fob in my pocket. Haven't tried the mobile key for a while.

I occasionally get this message while carrying the fob in my pocket. Haven't tried the mobile key for a while.
Now that you have an iPhone it might be worth trying it.

We'd still have the problems of the phones just one floor above the car at night (too close for car to sleep), and which phone unlocks to the car first when we walk up to it (which profile setting gets chosen). Fobs in Faraday bags work well against both.

Oddly, the center console can be a dead area for the key.

I think I've had the issue while the phone was in my pocket too, but I'll test that out. Its just weird that it only recently started acting up.

Bobby, since the last update my Iphone doesn't recognize the car and I have to put in my code to drive the car. I've deleted my app and reinstalled but have the same problem. If I carry my Keyfob, no problems. I also connected my Iphone via Bluetooth but that didn't work either. Any other suggestions?

Bobby, since the last update my Iphone doesn't recognize the car and I have to put in my code to drive the car. I've deleted my app and reinstalled but have the same problem. If I carry my Keyfob, no problems. I also connected my Iphone via Bluetooth but that didn't work either. Any other suggestions?
DM me your cell. I’m happy to hop on a call sometime today and help you troubleshoot it.

Because the FOB is superior.

We'd still have the problems of the phones just one floor above the car at night (too close for car to sleep), and which phone unlocks to the car first when we walk up to it (which profile setting gets chosen). Fobs in Faraday bags work well against both.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by it generally notifying which one of us is on the drivers side.

I think I've had the issue while the phone was in my pocket too, but I'll test that out. Its just weird that it only recently started acting up.
I second that. Looks like Android 14 may have messed something up. My phone, aka mobile key, is always in my pocket, and lately the 'Key not detected' message started popping up periodically.

I second that. Looks like Android 14 may have messed something up. My phone, aka mobile key, is always in my pocket, and lately the 'Key not detected' message started popping up periodically.

Just an update after testing things a bit the last couple days. The location of where I placed my phone didn't appear to make a difference, but I did find out that if I open the Lucid app and then just lock my screen without going to the home screen first (which is usually what I would do) the problem goes away. So it seems like Android 14 is may be putting the app to "sleep" if it's not in the foreground. I even adjusted the power settings for the Lucid app to effectively give it free rain to remain active in the background but that did not help either.

I'm not sure if its an Android 14 issue or if the Lucid App still needs to be optimized for Android 14, but hopefully it gets resolved in the near term. For now, the workaround of just keeping the app open in the foreground before locking my screen seems to be working for me.

Just an update after testing things a bit the last couple days. The location of where I placed my phone didn't appear to make a difference, but I did find out that if I open the Lucid app and then just lock my screen without going to the home screen first (which is usually what I would do) the problem goes away. So it seems like Android 14 is may be putting the app to "sleep" if it's not in the foreground. I even adjusted the power settings for the Lucid app to effectively give it free rain to remain active in the background but that did not help either.

I'm not sure if its an Android 14 issue or if the Lucid App still needs to be optimized for Android 14, but hopefully it gets resolved in the near term. For now, the workaround of just keeping the app open in the foreground before locking my screen seems to be working for me.
In Android with the Lucid App Open click on your recently used apps button and swipe to the Lucid App and press the Lucid logo on the center top of the app and click on "Keep Open" and that will allow the app to stay open and run in the background unless you manually close it. That will solve your issue and also allow the doors to unlock as you walk up to the car without issue.

In Android with the Lucid App Open click on your recently used apps button and swipe to the Lucid App and press the Lucid logo on the center top of the app and click on "Keep Open" and that will allow the app to stay open and run in the background unless you manually close it. That will solve your issue and also allow the doors to unlock as you walk up to the car without issue.

I don't seem to find the "Keep Open" option when I do that, only "App info", "Split screen", and "Pause app". It could be differences in phone type. I have a Pixel phone, is that different than what you are using?

I don't seem to find the "Keep Open" option when I do that, only "App info", "Split screen", and "Pause app". It could be differences in phone type. I have a Pixel phone, is that different than what you are using?
I don't think Pixel works that way, only the Samsung ones.

I've had the exact same issues with the latest Android update and have also been using the same workaround by opening the app and locking the phone. Switching to any other app will close the Lucid app and result in the notification.

I've hadthe "key not found" pop up while I was sitting in the car with fob in shirt pocket many times, sometimes while driving. The worst was when I was doing something while sitting in the car and didn't start messing with the fob in my pocket until the doors locked on me.
Clicking the fob didn't help, waving it around inside didn't help, and my phone was in the house. I finally was able to roll a window down and stick the fob outside to wake the car again. Low fob battery isn't the issue, as car woke up before I had the door open to enter the garage.
Sorry, didn't notice the title of phone as key... my bad.

And another bug recently popped up - occasionally, when I walk away from the car with my mobile key (Pixel 6a), it doesn't lock the doors. This morning I was already in the building at work when a coworker who arrived a few minutes later walked in and said that my car's lights were still on. I looked at the Lucid app on my phone... and sure enough it showed the car unlocked. So I locked it remotely. Curiously, the 'Key not Detected' warning appeared on the screen as I was about to get out of the car, which I ignored. Did this cause the car not shut down as I left?
This happened a few times already.

Back