Phone as a Key Issues since Android 14 Update

Well, that didn't last long. I'm back to the car not seeing my mobile key. Won't lock, won't unlock, asks for my PIN when I push the brake to shift out of park. Damn.
Started happening to my Pixel 7 as well. Worked flawlessly for about a month and now the same key not detected and PIN is coming up along with door unlocking. I deleted and repaired yesterday so I’ll keep my eye on it. I’m thinking the Jan Android update made some things quirky again on the Android side…sigh.

Samsung or Pixel? Android 14 isn't sufficient to note by itself as many on Android 14 have issues while it works well for others and the difference apparently lies in the phone model.
I'm sure this is a nightmare for Lucid service. Those are just the two major Android phones a person could have. There's OnePlus, Xiaomi, LG, Motorola and more. And each of them works a little differently.

I'm sure this is a nightmare for Lucid service. Those are just the two major Android phones a person could have. There's OnePlus, Xiaomi, LG, Motorola and more. And each of them works a little differently.
Yea, Android is nightmare for any company. That’s why it’s so nice when companies can get it right for Android users 😍

I think this is probably in some part why we haven't seen Android Auto from Lucid but then I look at other car mfrs. .. and they seem to not have this issue.. lack of AA is a head scratcher for me of the highest order

Well, that didn't last long. I'm back to the car not seeing my mobile key. Won't lock, won't unlock, asks for my PIN when I push the brake to shift out of park. Damn.
My mobile key is continuing to work, for the most part. Occasionally, I have to unlock the phone, but that's about it... Good luck to you all

My mobile key is continuing to work, for the most part. Occasionally, I have to unlock the phone, but that's about it... Good luck to you all
To experiment, I deleted both the mobile key and phone/music pairings and re-created just the mobile key. That's still working, so I'll re-pair the phone/music functions soon and see if there's any change.

To experiment, I deleted both the mobile key and phone/music pairings and re-created just the mobile key. That's still working, so I'll re-pair the phone/music functions soon and see if there's any change.
I've done this twice and hasn't fixed the issue. One repairing, it seems like it's working again but after the car goes to deep sleep, it pulls up the same issues. That Jan 5 Android update on Pixel definitely did something because my Galaxy Watch 6 also can't BT connect either which is all over Reddit. Going back to FOB for reliability again until this is fixed.

Mobile key is still working, but I've noticed a new problem... I often forget to take my phone when I get out of the car. No software update can fix that!

I know the left side of the dash shows a "don't forget your key" message when getting out, but that's not enough for my brain. My Audi would make a voice announcement if I opened the driver door and my phone was still plugged in which was annoying but worked for me.

Mobile key is still working, but I've noticed a new problem... I often forget to take my phone when I get out of the car. No software update can fix that!

I know the left side of the dash shows a "don't forget your key" message when getting out, but that's not enough for my brain. My Audi would make a voice announcement if I opened the driver door and my phone was still plugged in which was annoying but worked for me.
Took me a while to get used to this with my first EV, too. As I told my wife, leaving your phone in your car is essentially leaving your keys in the car. And leaving the door unlocked, too.

You'll get used to it.

Back