Phone as a Key Issues since Android 14 Update

I have Pixel 7 pro and after updating it to Android 14 I get 'Key not Detected' message often and I dont carry Key fob with me at all, unless I go for long drive.

I am pleased to announce the new update has fixed my mobile key for my Pixel 7 Pro.
I no longer need to have the Lucid app running in the background, and now the car turned on as soon as I walk in the garage. Also none of my fobs have batteries in them and my phone is the only one paired.

I also did not update android, I'm still on 13.

So in my case, mobile key is now fixed.

I am pleased to announce the new update has fixed my mobile key for my Pixel 7 Pro. I no longer need to have the Lucid app running in the background, and now the car turned on as soon as I walk in the garage. Also none of my fobs have batteries in them and my phone is the only one paired.

I also did not update android, I'm still on 13.

So in my case, mobile key is now fixed.

I have Pixel 7 pro and after updating it to Android 14 I get 'Key not Detected' message often and I dont carry Key fob with me at all, unless I go for long drive.

I'm on Android 14 as well, and after the latest Lucid app update I have also seen the issue greatly improved. It's not perfect, but much improved from what I had immediately after my update to Android 14.

I've recently noticed that lately while I'm driving i will get the message on my car that the "key is no longer detected". Sometimes it seems to happen after 20 minutes and sometimes after 50 minutes of driving. If I go into my phone (usually i place it in my center console area) and open the Lucid app it will then seem to start working again and the car will see the key. This has really only started happening to me in the last few weeks and I think it may have started after I updated my Phone's OS to Android 14.

I have the permissions for my phone set to allow the app to access location at all times and other than that i didn't change anything with my settings since getting the update. Anyone with any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it?
I only recently took delivery of my Lucid and so I've only used the app on Android 14. I'm having the same issue others are reporting: car generally won't recognize the mobile key, unless I have the phone unlocked and the app running in foreground. I called lucid support and they had me go through the key unlinking/relinking and resetting of both Bluetooth connections. I've confirmed the app has location allowed always and the pause unused app toggle is off.

Still same issue - unless I have the phone unlocked and app in foreground, car usually won't unlock and never locks when I walk away.

I've sent feedback email, hopefully they continue working on this. Otherwise have to rely on the fob.

I only recently took delivery of my Lucid and so I've only used the app on Android 14. I'm having the same issue others are reporting: car generally won't recognize the mobile key, unless I have the phone unlocked and the app running in foreground. I called lucid support and they had me go through the key unlinking/relinking and resetting of both Bluetooth connections. I've confirmed the app has location allowed always and the pause unused app toggle is off.

Still same issue - unless I have the phone unlocked and app in foreground, car usually won't unlock and never locks when I walk away.

I've sent feedback email, hopefully they continue working on this. Otherwise have to rely on the fob.
Make sure the app is set to always open. Open the app, then go to your recent apps, click the L and click on keep open.

@Babyrocko1908 did that work for you?

Make sure the app is set to always open. Open the app, then go to your recent apps, click the L and click on keep open.

@Babyrocko1908 did that work for you?
I don't see an option to keep open.. I'm on the latest Android software on a Google Pixel 8 Pro device . So I'm as updated with Android as can be...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-224039.png
    Screenshot_20231112-224039.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 36
I don't see an option to keep open.. I'm on the latest Android software on a Google Pixel 8 Pro device . So I'm as updated with Android as can be...
I think it's pixel, though I know a pixel user with no issue...

I think it's pixel, though I know a pixel user with no issue...
Never have I experienced a reliable experience using just my Android phone.. stuck using a key fob... would love to be able to ditch the key fob someday ... oh well...

And another bug recently popped up - occasionally, when I walk away from the car with my mobile key (Pixel 6a), it doesn't lock the doors. This morning I was already in the building at work when a coworker who arrived a few minutes later walked in and said that my car's lights were still on. I looked at the Lucid app on my phone... and sure enough it showed the car unlocked. So I locked it remotely. Curiously, the 'Key not Detected' warning appeared on the screen as I was about to get out of the car, which I ignored. Did this cause the car not shut down as I left?
This happened a few times already.
same on Pixel 5a

Try clicking "app info" -> "App battery usage" then set to unrestricted. Pixel's don't have the option to "keep open" directly in that menu from what I've found

I'm on the P8pro too. I'm not sure if that setting makes a huge difference but i can at least get it to work without having to have the lucid app in the foreground and active. As long as it was the last app i had open before going to the home screen and "locking" my phone it seems to work ok. But if I'm actively browsing another app while in the car, there's a good chance the PaaK will stop working.

Try clicking "app info" -> "App battery usage" then set to unrestricted. Pixel's don't have the option to "keep open" directly in that menu from what I've found

I'm on the P8pro too. I'm not sure if that setting makes a huge difference but i can at least get it to work without having to have the lucid app in the foreground and active. As long as it was the last app i had open before going to the home screen and "locking" my phone it seems to work ok. But if I'm actively browsing another app while in the car, there's a good chance the PaaK will stop working.
Since my Pixel 6a upgraded to Android 14, and the latest Lucid software updated to 2.1.42, I keep getting the 'Valid key not detected...' message almost every 20-30 minutes. So, I ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds. I haven't tried this on a long drive to see if it would eventually stop the car. Should it?
I just changed the battery setting on my phone to 'unrestricted' to see if it will make a difference.

Since my Pixel 6a upgraded to Android 14, and the latest Lucid software updated to 2.1.42, I keep getting the 'Valid key not detected...' message almost every 20-30 minutes. So, I ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds. I haven't tried this on a long drive to see if it would eventually stop the car. Should it?
I just changed the battery setting on my phone to 'unrestricted' to see if it will make a difference.
You may need to entirely delete the key and create a new one.

I've given up on the Android mobile key...and begrudgingly carry a key fob...I used to not mind the keyfob, but then I tried the no keyfob life for a couple of days and that is a better life....I've tried resetting the phone, the car, uninstalling and then reinstalling the mobile key on the phone & car numerous times...after every update I do the re-link in the hopes that it will work one day...but unless I have the phone in my hand, app on the screen (Even then the car won't respond btw), and then I have to press the mobiile icon to go to the mobile key screen, then after 3-5secs the car will respond. I so wish Android would play nicer with Lucid!

Pixel 7 Pro on Android 14 and have the same issues where I get the key not detected message and I always have to open the app for the car to detect and open for at least 30 seconds. Using the fob is much better until Lucid finally uses Google Wallet for car key management. I even have the app set to unrestricted background usage.

Pixel 7 Pro on Android 14 and have the same issues where I get the key not detected message and I always have to open the app for the car to detect and open for at least 30 seconds. Using the fob is much better until Lucid finally uses Google Wallet for car key management. I even have the app set to unrestricted background usage.
I had the same issue even when I had both the FOB and Pixel 7 with me in the car. I ended up deleting the P7 mobile key and the FOB works great now and no more key not detected messages. Hate to say it as a Pixel + Air owner, FOB FTW!

Just have a bunch of 2032 batteries as spares and rubbing alcohol like chips and booze for a long weekend of college football and NFL games. You go through them in no time.

Interesting, I have Pixel 7 Pro on Android 14, and my key not detected didn't start happening until the latest software update .42. Customer Service suggested deleting the mobile key. I'm not doing it. The last time I did, it took forever to get everything paired correctly.

Back