Phone as a Key Issues since Android 14 Update

You may need to entirely delete the key and create a new one.
After I deleted and recreated my mobile key, the message again popped up. So, today I broke out a fob that was lying in its box unused since day 1 - just the mobile key. Alas, at the end of the day the 'no key detected' message again appeared on the dash...and disappeared after a few seconds. My fob and my Pixel 6a were both in my pockets. At least with the fob the car unlocks at approach. Is this OK to ignore?

After I deleted and recreated my mobile key, the message again popped up. So, today I broke out a fob that was lying in its box unused since day 1 - just the mobile key. Alas, at the end of the day the 'no key detected' message again appeared on the dash...and disappeared after a few seconds. My fob and my Pixel 6a were both in my pockets. At least with the fob the car unlocks at approach. Is this OK to ignore?
Yes it's a known bug for key not detected

Yes, since .42 update i've been having the transient key not found error. If you accidentally go to park when this error is on you'll have to put your pin on the center screen. Majority of the time it's a 10 or 20s error for me that goes away.

Make sure the app is set to always open. Open the app, then go to your recent apps, click the L and click on keep open.

@Babyrocko1908 did that work for you?
Mine is like Lucidtouringman's screenshot - I don't have "keep open" option. Android 14 on a Pixel 7 Pro.

Mine is like Lucidtouringman's screenshot - I don't have "keep open" option. Android 14 on a Pixel 7 Pro.
Yea I got no help for the Pixel users. Sorry. I need to find a pixel and experiment.

Yes, since .42 update i've been having the transient key not found error. If you accidentally go to park when this error is on you'll have to put your pin on the center screen. Majority of the time it's a 10 or 20s error for me that goes away.
Yes, that too happens occasionally. I got on chat with Service - they suggested rebooting the panel - no change, deleting and recreating the mobile key - same thing. Then they promised to open a ticket and let the software people know. I can't believe they are not aware of this issue, yet the customer service lady acted as if she has never heard of it before.

I carry my key fob 90% of the time to avoid these kind of issues. But from time to time I get this error with the key fob in the car. Happens when I am dropping off someone and I put the car in park. I don't get off so the key fob is in the car all the time. When I shift the selector to drive I get this error and have to provide the PIN. Has anyone else experienced this?

I carry my key fob 90% of the time to avoid these kind of issues. But from time to time I get this error with the key fob in the car. Happens when I am dropping off someone and I put the car in park. I don't get off so the key fob is in the car all the time. When I shift the selector to drive I get this error and have to provide the PIN. Has anyone else experienced this?
Do you stick your key fob in the cupholder?

Yes I just keep it there
The cupholder is a known "dead spot" in the car. The fob often loses connection with the car if you place it there. I'd recommend keeping it in your pocket or somewhere else.

The cupholder is a known "dead spot" in the car. The fob often loses connection with the car if you place it there. I'd recommend keeping it in your pocket or somewhere else.
Thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind.

Yet, the manual says to place the card-key in the cupholder. What gives?

The key bard doesn't have anything that transmits a signal that's why you can put it in the cupholder and the car will ask you for a PIN.

Yeah. The CardKey uses different tech from the key fob. That's why you have to place the card right up to the NFT reader on the B Pillar, while the fob can be detected from several feet away.

Yes, that too happens occasionally. I got on chat with Service - they suggested rebooting the panel - no change, deleting and recreating the mobile key - same thing. Then they promised to open a ticket and let the software people know. I can't believe they are not aware of this issue, yet the customer service lady acted as if she has never heard of it before.
What finally and completely solved the issue for me was the following step-by-step sequence:
  1. Delete existing mobile key from the phone and the car
  2. 'Forget' the bluetooth connection between the phone and the car
  3. Reboot the pilot panel and the phone
  4. Reconnect the bluetooth
  5. Recreate the mobile key
Everything works now like a charm - the car unlocks, doesn't pester me with 'no valid key' messages and every software function works as it should.
Bravo Lucid!
Software version 2.1.47, Android 14, Pixel 6a

Last edited:
What finally and completely solved the issue for me was the following step-by-step sequence:
Everything works now like a charm - the car unlocks, doesn't pester me with 'no valid key' messages and every software function works as it should.
Bravo Lucid!
Software version 2.1.47, Android 14
Samsung or Pixel? Android 14 isn't sufficient to note by itself as many on Android 14 have issues while it works well for others and the difference apparently lies in the phone model.

Samsung or Pixel? Android 14 isn't sufficient to note by itself as many on Android 14 have issues while it works well for others and the difference apparently lies in the phone model.
Pixel 6a

Bravo Lucid!
Software version 2.1.47, Android 14, Pixel 6a
This has (so far... 🤞) fixed the issues I was having with mobile key on my Pixel 8 Pro. Thank you!

This has (so far... 🤞) fixed the issues I was having with mobile key on my Pixel 8 Pro. Thank you!

Well, that didn't last long. I'm back to the car not seeing my mobile key. Won't lock, won't unlock, asks for my PIN when I push the brake to shift out of park. Damn.

I just had mobile techs to do my annual service and fix my steering wheel clicking. I mentioned the mobile key issue, and he said it's a known Bluetooth issue. No ETA on a fix.

Back