Mobile key lost connection and won't re-pair as a key

I'd say, uninstall app, reboot phone, reboot car, try pairing again. If that doesn't work, try a different phone. Let the car sleep overnight and try again, also check your app permissions prior to trying to link it.
Would like some assistance with mobile key. Have been using it just fine for almost 18 months.

With the outage the other day, I could not at first figure out the problem. Reset the password. Deleted the app, reinstalled the app, then relinked the key. It seems to "take." The phone opens the car on bluetooth from up close but will not "wake" the car when more than a few feet away. I have deleted and reinstalled the key several times. All passwords are correct. Permissions are precise location and always leave on (Android phone).

Any suggestions? Key fob works. Bluetooth works. But with summer coming, I would like to be able to turn on AC remotely

Thanks

Would like some assistance with mobile key. Have been using it just fine for almost 18 months.

With the outage the other day, I could not at first figure out the problem. Reset the password. Deleted the app, reinstalled the app, then relinked the key. It seems to "take." The phone opens the car on bluetooth from up close but will not "wake" the car when more than a few feet away. I have deleted and reinstalled the key several times. All passwords are correct. Permissions are precise location and always leave on (Android phone).

Any suggestions? Key fob works. Bluetooth works. But with summer coming, I would like to be able to turn on AC remotely

Thanks
So your mobile key works, but the app doesn't wake the car?

Thanks
I've encountered a number of "nuances" with the Lucid Mobile Key. From my encounters, I think there are several different issues:

[1] Responsiveness of the Mobile Key: after idling for an extended period (e.g., overnight in my garage), when I walk up to the Lucid with my Mobile Key, most of the time it fails to respond. I believe the Lucid is "asleep" and is not aware of my presence. To overcome this, I can:

So your mobile key works, but the app doesn't wake the car?
Yes. The car wakes up (probably bluetooth) when I close. But I can operate the car wthout a pin using the mobile key,. I can get out and lock and unlock the car. But once the car is asleep, I cannot awaken it with the mobile key

I've encountered a number of "nuances" with the Lucid Mobile Key. From my encounters, I think there are several different issues:

[1] Responsiveness of the Mobile Key: after idling for an extended period (e.g., overnight in my garage), when I walk up to the Lucid with my Mobile Key, most of the time it fails to respond. I believe the Lucid is "asleep" and is not aware of my presence. To overcome this, I can:
Thanks. What did you do to over come it?

Yes. The car wakes up (probably bluetooth) when I close. But I can operate the car wthout a pin using the mobile key,. I can get out and lock and unlock the car. But once the car is asleep, I cannot awaken it with the mobile key
What happens when you open the app? There is a bug where you need to open it twice currently.

Thanks. What did you do to over come it?
Sorry, the previous reply was incomplete. Let me try again:

[1] Responsiveness of the Mobile Key: after idling for an extended period (e.g., overnight in my garage), when I walk up to the Lucid with my Mobile Key, most of the time it fails to respond. I believe the Lucid is "asleep" and is not aware of my presence. To overcome this, I can [a] open the Lucid App on my phone and go through the routine to unlock the doors. That usually wakes up the Lucid. But you have to push several buttons. OR just push on the car door handle. That usually wakes up the Lucid and it will then detect the Mobile Key and unlock. This is simpler as you don't have to launch the Lucid App and push all the buttons.

[2] "ENTER PIN" is a separate problem. I think there is a bug in the Mobile Key/PIN app. Please see other posting as I don't want to repeat them. The only comment I will make is that "ENTER PIN" seems to be a erratic bug (i.e., not systematic where you are reproduce it). It is either a corrupted Mobile Key hence, reinstalling might work. that was what I did the first time (3 mo ago). But my recent experience with "ENTER PIN" went away after I open the Mobile Key screen and removed a couple of unrecognized entries (nothing to do with Mobile Key) and "ENTER PIN" disappeared.

Perhaps you can try some of these routines.

Sorry, the previous reply was incomplete. Let me try again:

[1] Responsiveness of the Mobile Key: after idling for an extended period (e.g., overnight in my garage), when I walk up to the Lucid with my Mobile Key, most of the time it fails to respond. I believe the Lucid is "asleep" and is not aware of my presence. To overcome this, I can [a] open the Lucid App on my phone and go through the routine to unlock the doors. That usually wakes up the Lucid. But you have to push several buttons. OR just push on the car door handle. That usually wakes up the Lucid and it will then detect the Mobile Key and unlock. This is simpler as you don't have to launch the Lucid App and push all the buttons.

[2] "ENTER PIN" is a separate problem. I think there is a bug in the Mobile Key/PIN app. Please see other posting as I don't want to repeat them. The only comment I will make is that "ENTER PIN" seems to be a erratic bug (i.e., not systematic where you are reproduce it). It is either a corrupted Mobile Key hence, reinstalling might work. that was what I did the first time (3 mo ago). But my recent experience with "ENTER PIN" went away after I open the Mobile Key screen and removed a couple of unrecognized entries (nothing to do with Mobile Key) and "ENTER PIN" disappeared.

Perhaps you can try some of these routines.
Sounds like a similar problem. I hope I can resolve this. I like to turn on the AC from the app. When the car is asleep, the app will not wake it up

What happens when you open the app? There is a bug where you need to open it twice currently.
The app will not wake up the car. If I wake up the car witih bluetooth, the app works. But when the car is asleep, the app will not wake it up

The app will not wake up the car. If I wake up the car witih bluetooth, the app works. But when the car is asleep, the app will not wake it up
Do you get an error? what does the app say after about 30 seconds? Do you get the loading wheel that says "waking car"? Does it say "vehicle offline"? There has to be more information

Do you get an error? what does the app say after about 30 seconds? Do you get the loading wheel that says "waking car"? Does it say "vehicle offline"? There has to be more information
I think there is a interesting contention when it comes to mobile keys and cars. Specifically,

> if you put your key "near" the car/garage when you are home, the car can detect the key thus, it stay active all the time. This is not desirable.
> Presumably, the car can go to sleep while the key is still within BT range. But that means you will have to "wake the car up" when you need to. As I described in an earlier post, I go and push the driver side handle and the car wakes up.
> I also have a Rivian. And Rivian anticipated this problem. In the Rivian, you can define an exclusion zone (my terminology, not Rivian's) whereby the car won't turn on even if the key is nearby. This allows the car to go to sleep. I think you can interpret it as "inverse geo-fencing".

I have not come across this feature on the Lucid. My experience is, whether the Lucid detects the Mobile Key or not is somewhat random. If left alone to "sleep", sometimes it won't wake up when you stand next to the Lucid with your mobile key. Most of time, I can just push the driver side door dandle it and the car will wake up and unlock in "a few seconds".

It says waking up vehicle. But doesn't

It says waking up vehicle. But doesn't
There is always a message that comes up if it fails though. Unless I'm misremembering.

Back