Mobile key lost connection and won't re-pair as a key

jcallar

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring Satin White
Hi guys,

Apologies, tried looking for a similar issue, but I couldn't find one in any of the threads.

My mobile key stopped working this morning for some strange reason, so I removed it and tried to re-pair it with the car. After attempting to pair about 25 times unsuccessfully - with errors displayed both times on the phone and on the car. When I try to pair the key, an Android error dialog pops up with the key / 6-digit Air for about 1/10th of a second, but I have not been able to capture the error - it closes too quickly (can't even read it, the only word I recognize is ERROR)

I have tried the following
1. Air reset and phone reboot
2. Switched profiles from mine to guest back to mine
3. Made both devices forget each other, including the 3 digit and 6 digit versions - when I do this, I am able to get connectivity to the 3-digit Air, but not the 6-digit Air
4. Re-installed the app

I am able to use the 3-digit Air connection - bluetooth-enabled phone, etc. I am also able to access the car via the app (lock/unlock). I am just not able to use the app as a key.

Any one else have experience with this?

Hi guys,

Apologies, tried looking for a similar issue, but I couldn't find one in any of the threads.

My mobile key stopped working this morning for some strange reason, so I removed it and tried to re-pair it with the car. After attempting to pair about 25 times unsuccessfully - with errors displayed both times on the phone and on the car. When I try to pair the key, an Android error dialog pops up with the key / 6-digit Air for about 1/10th of a second, but I have not been able to capture the error - it closes too quickly (can't even read it, the only word I recognize is ERROR)

I have tried the following
1. Air reset and phone reboot
2. Switched profiles from mine to guest back to mine
3. Made both devices forget each other, including the 3 digit and 6 digit versions - when I do this, I am able to get connectivity to the 3-digit Air, but not the 6-digit Air
4. Re-installed the app

I am able to use the 3-digit Air connection - bluetooth-enabled phone, etc. I am also able to access the car via the app (lock/unlock). I am just not able to use the app as a key.

Any one else have experience with this?
It sounds like you still need to set up the mobile key within the app on the phone.

It sounds like you still need to set up the mobile key within the app on the phone.
This is what I am trying to do, am I missing a step? The app has been re-installed and the "Link Now" button is what is failing.

This is what I am trying to do, am I missing a step? The app has been re-installed and the "Link Now" button is what is failing.
I'd say, uninstall app, reboot phone, reboot car, try pairing again. If that doesn't work, try a different phone. Let the car sleep overnight and try again, also check your app permissions prior to trying to link it.

Thank you @hydbob - tried everything but using a new phone. Time to buy a new one, I guess...

The car is going into service for what looks like a little frunk water leak in Jan, I'll ask them then and let the group know...

I have the
Thank you @hydbob - tried everything but using a new phone. Time to buy a new one, I guess...

The car is going into service for what looks like a little frunk water leak in Jan, I'll ask them then and let the group know...
I haven't driven my AGT for two months (idled between last week of Nov 2023 to Jan 13, 2024) and, upon my return to AZ, I experienced the same problem vis-a-vis, my mobile key was "corrupted". I tried to uninstall and reinstall the mobile key per the owner’s manual but was not successful. My valet key cards were also not functioning. I took the car into the Scottsdale Service Center. The Service Advisor uninstalled and then reinstalled the mobile key and it works now. He said the mobile key might have been corrupted during the installation of one of the OTA SW updates.

I have the

I haven't driven my AGT for two months (idled between last week of Nov 2023 to Jan 13, 2024) and, upon my return to AZ, I experienced the same problem vis-a-vis, my mobile key was "corrupted". I tried to uninstall and reinstall the mobile key per the owner’s manual but was not successful. My valet key cards were also not functioning. I took the car into the Scottsdale Service Center. The Service Advisor uninstalled and then reinstalled the mobile key and it works now. He said the mobile key might have been corrupted during the installation of one of the OTA SW updates.
Thank you for the tip! I've had the app uninstalled and re-installed as well. But maybe the tech guys can work the magic. Hopefully some of the reset they're doing to the car (in the shop right now for a frunk leak and a non-working fog light and a geo reset) will fix it. I'm starting to suspect the geo reset or the fact that it doesn't want to stop updating 2.1.47 might be the culprit - the precise location of the car is off (showing as if it's in my back yard or the neighbor's front yard). Otherwise, will try re-pairing when the car goes in for its 1 year...

Thank you for the tip! I've had the app uninstalled and re-installed as well. But maybe the tech guys can work the magic. Hopefully some of the reset they're doing to the car (in the shop right now for a frunk leak and a non-working fog light and a geo reset) will fix it. I'm starting to suspect the geo reset or the fact that it doesn't want to stop updating 2.1.47 might be the culprit - the precise location of the car is off (showing as if it's in my back yard or the neighbor's front yard). Otherwise, will try re-pairing when the car goes in for its 1 year...
I am having the same exact issue. I cannot get the mobile key to pair. Also, none of my Key fobs are working. Just curious if your issue is resolved

I am having the same exact issue. I cannot get the mobile key to pair. Also, none of my Key fobs are working. Just curious if your issue is resolved
So the only way you can get into your car is the key card?

I am curious...

Are the people having mobile key problems using Android phones? I use an Android phone and I experienced problems in the past month or so.

I am curious...

Are the people having mobile key problems using Android phones? I use an Android phone and I experienced problems in the past month or so.
My mobile key works pretty much flawlessly. Galaxy S22 and my Iphone 15 SE both work great.

I am curious...

I'm getting to where I really trust it. I accidently left it home today. Drove to work, out to lunch, and back. The car was a bit slower to open than with the fob, but not a lot. I was just worried that I lost it someplace, but I saw it on the table as soon as I pulled into my garage, so I'm happy.

My mobile key works pretty much flawlessly. Galaxy S22 and my Iphone 15 SE both work great.
I have an Android phone. I was unfortunately unable to get the issue resolved, time for a new phone, I guess...

So the only way you can get into your car is the key card?
The only way I could get in was using an app > wait for 2 -3 mins for it to Load > unlock. Even the Key card was not being detected. However, all that was yesterday. I was on Call with Lucid and they said someone would get back to me in 24 - 48 hours. I charged it last night.

Today morning, I have no clue what has happened, Key card works, pairing of Key Fobs worked and so did Mobile Key without a hitch. I am not sure if something was remotely reset or I just had to wait overnight for the car to go to sleep? Everything works as it should now..

I have an Android phone. I was unfortunately unable to get the issue resolved, time for a new phone, I guess...
Which one? I also have a Samsung. I wonder if they're the easiest of the Android phones to set up with the car. If the app is open in the background, it does reliably wake up the car.

I am curious...

I use Pixel 8 pro / Android 14. I had similar issues and things significantly improved after doing this

You can allow a certain app to run in the background by going to Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization. OR Depending upon the version Settings > Apps > App Battery usage

This will initially show you the apps which are Not Optimized - that is, the ones that can run in the background even while the phone is sleeping. Tap the blue bar at the top of the screen and switch the view to All apps, then scroll down to the app you'd like to exclude (Fitbit, in this case), tap it, set it to Don't optimize, and then tap Done.

I am curious...

I’m using CarPlay. Phone worked for several months but then quit working after 2.1.5. Spent half an hour with tech support but to no avail.

I’m using CarPlay. Phone worked for several months but then quit working after 2.1.5. Spent half an hour with tech support but to no avail.
CarPlay as a mobile key or? What steps did they lead you through?

CarPlay as a mobile key or? What steps did they lead you through?
correction: version is 2.1.52, not 2.1.5. And sorry, not CarPlay, but iPhone.

I can't recall all the steps CS ran through with me, but unpaired phone, deleted app, rebooted car, etc. Literally, spent over 30 minutes trying to resolve the issue.

Two weeks after that initial query, I called again to ask if any further steps could be taken and was told by second CS advisor that first advisor had gone through all possibilities. No further suggestions.

I have an appt. in two weeks for them to pick up car and bring it to Service Center.

Back