Mobile key on Apple Watch?

sbr41

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I recently reverted to mobile key from key fob to try it out after the most recent OTAs. I see that (sometimes) car doesn’t wake up or unlock even when I am right next to the car (with passive unlock turned on). I take my phone out of the pocket and it wakes up and unlocks immediately.

To solve this issue, Is it possible to have Apple Watch setup as mobile key so that it is always out of pocket and can unlock seamlessly? What do other owners think of this feature request?

I would like this functionality a lot. Coming from Tesla, I’m surprised at how intermittent this functionality is. There are times it will sense me walking near the Garage in the house and unlock the car and times where I’m standing right next to it and it doesn’t seem to see the phone at all.

I recently reverted to mobile key from key fob to try it out after the most recent OTAs. I see that (sometimes) car doesn’t wake up or unlock even when I am right next to the car (with passive unlock turned on). I take my phone out of the pocket and it wakes up and unlocks immediately.

To solve this issue, Is it possible to have Apple Watch setup as mobile key so that it is always out of pocket and can unlock seamlessly? What do other owners think of this feature request?
Thats a great idea! I would love that as well. I do like that they have the watch app as well to open the car if needed but the mobile key would be a huge improvement and welcome addition.

I am also frustrated that I have to wake my phone up for the passive unlock to work (pushing in the handle). Very inconvenient when my hands are full. Yes, the Apple Watch idea is great.

I am also frustrated that I have to wake my phone up for the passive unlock to work (pushing in the handle). Very inconvenient when my hands are full. Yes, the Apple Watch idea is great.
Do you have an iPhone? If you do, your statement is incorrect.

Do you have an iPhone? If you do, your statement is incorrect.
With all due respect, this has been my experience. My car will not unlock by pushing in the door handle unless I wake up my phone.

With all due respect, this has been my experience. My car will not unlock by pushing in the door handle unless I wake up my phone.
What phone model and system software are you using?

Have you tried deleting mobile key from your phone, deleting the car from your phone, deleting the phone from your car, and starting over? iOS Mobile Key, installed properly, does not require the app to be running at all, in the foreground or background.

What phone model and system software are you using?

Have you tried deleting mobile key from your phone, deleting the car from your phone, deleting the phone from your car, and starting over? iOS Mobile Key, installed properly, does not require the app to be running at all, in the foreground or background.
I have not tried all of that but will. And, it wasn't the app that was required, just that the iPhone 14 had to have been waken up.

Sorry, I misstated. I have the app but the door doesn't unlock as long as the phone is asleep.
I would definitely suggest the method I listed above. iPhone does not need to be awake for mobile key to work.

I would definitely suggest the method I listed above. iPhone does not need to be awake for mobile key to work.
I have iPhone 13 Pro and running iOS 16.6.1. I have this issue as well, intermittently though.
Over 70-80% of the times, car wakes up without the phone needing to be awake. The rest of the times when the car doesn't wake up, I take my phone out from my pocket and hit the side lock button (to wake the phone up), and the car wakes up immediately.

I have iPhone 13 Pro and running iOS 16.6.1. I have this issue as well, intermittently though.
Over 70-80% of the times, car wakes up without the phone needing to be awake. The rest of the times when the car doesn't wake up, I take my phone out from my pocket and hit the side lock button (to wake the phone up), and the car wakes up immediately.
I find that I just need to take my phone out of my pocket to get the doors to unlock. Not all the time but maybe 20% of the time

Agree. Same issue. I have 14 pro and have deleted and reinstalled mobile key multiple times. Now I just use fob which is more reliable and responsive

I have the same problem. The Unlock and the lock features work sometimes and doesn't work other times. Very frustrating.

I have the same problem. The Unlock and the lock features work sometimes and doesn't work other times. Very frustrating.
There are quite a few workarounds. I’m going to make a video about them over the next few days.

There are quite a few workarounds. I’m going to make a video about them over the next few days.
Thanks. There is so much I learnt from your videos. One epiphany I had, I started viewing Lucid as just a car and set of wheels which drives well and all the technology is Luxury and nice when it works (unlike the Hyundai where the stated features work without workarounds), this has put me at peace. Guess a lot of Lucid is still Fluid. Instead of Dream Drive Pro, they may want to state Drive in Dream Bro !!

kudos to your efforts in making these educational videos on Lucid. But nobody should be expected to rely on "workarounds" for a thing as basic as locking and unlocking their car - especially when the car has been around for more than 2 years without a significant improvement in this specific functionality.

I love my car, I keep recommending it to people who are on the market. But it is beyond any excuses that Lucid should have fixed their key functionality. One possible solution is - scrap the mobile key altogether, tell everyone that they need to use the fob. Mobile key is right now an unnecessary sore point in the owners' experience.

Back