Key fob keeps getting lost

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
What are you all doing to prevent losing your keyfob for my traditional peeps that prefer the fob over the phone. And this is why I prefer the fob cause I have to turn off passive Unlock and in that mode the phone often times is slow to wake up and unlock the car sometimes it doesn’t even wake up and unlock which then causes me to go find the fob. (Explaining why I use the fob)

Now I carry the fob all by itself and I find I lose the fob a lot. I lose it between bed, couch usually it’s a laying down motion and fob falls out. Thinking I am going to have to air tag it soon before I purposely lose it. I am thinking I need a heavy case glove for it or just bigger key chain attachment.

What do you all do to prevent your key fob from being loss? What do you use to track your fob if it was loss? This would be easier if we just had geo unlock… you can do geo schedule charge but can’t do geo unlock. Make it make sense Lucid.

Thanks!
IMG_0064.jpeg

What are you all doing to prevent losing your keyfob for my traditional peeps that prefer the fob over the phone. And this is why I prefer the fob cause I have to turn off passive Unlock and in that mode the phone often times is slow to wake up and unlock the car sometimes it doesn’t even wake up and unlock which then causes me to go find the fob. (Explaining why I use the fob)

Now I carry the fob all by itself and I find I lose the fob a lot. I lose it between bed, couch usually it’s a laying down motion and fob falls out. Thinking I am going to have to air tag it soon before I purposely lose it. I am thinking I need a heavy case glove for it or just bigger key chain attachment.

What do you all do to prevent your key fob from being loss? What do you use to track your fob if it was loss? This would be easier if we just had geo unlock… you can do geo schedule charge but can’t do geo unlock. Make it make sense Lucid.

Thanks!View attachment 14386
AirTag

Use mobile key 😱

Use mobile key 😱
We have to turn off passive unlock I explained that right ? Does mobile key do anything with passive unlock off cause ours does nothing until you open app and wait for it to wake up

I treat my fob exactly like every other key I’ve ever had. Or a wallet for that matter.

When I get home, the fob, like my wallet, goes into a single designated place, in a small dish by a lamp in my office. Whenever I prepare to leave home, the fob gets picked up and placed into my left trouser pocket, where it stays until I get home. At which time it goes right back to that dish by the lamp.

Rinse and repeat.

In my lifetime, I’ve never once struggled to find my keys or my wallet.

How this simple system eludes so many people I will never understand.

I treat my fob exactly like every other key I’ve ever had. Or a wallet for that matter.

When I get home, the fob, like my wallet, goes into a single designated place, in a small dish by a lamp in my office. Whenever I prepare to leave home, the fob gets picked up and placed into my left trouser pocket, where it stays until I get home. At which time it goes right back to that dish by the lamp.

Rinse and repeat.

What do you do if you want to check the car or grab something out

I guess AirTags have keychains so that could work would also make the keys heavier kill 2 birds with one stone

Rinse and repeat.

I do this too. Except in a bowl on my kitchen counter. I also just Airtagged my keys, wallet and luggage

I guess AirTags have keychains so that could work would also make the keys heavier kill 2 birds with one stone
There are MANY options on Amazon, the AirTags themselves do not come with a case/key ring.

I can't always remember where I put my keys, wallet, or pager even though we have a tray at the entry and another in the kitchen.
With Lucid, I was forced to be organized because I need to put the fobs in my Faraday box.

I have mine on a very noticeable keychain. I don't lose it because it lives in my purse, but I still couldn't find it when I wanted to pick it up.

I hang the fob up on the key rack in the laundry room when I come from work, and when I don't leave the fob in the center console when parked at my office I toss it on my desk.

My key fob has a pretty good sense of direction and is usually wherever I left it. Maybe try your other fob to see if it is similarly challenged?

Last edited:
My key fob has a pretty good sense of direction and is usually wherever I left it. Maybe try your other fob to see it is is similarly challenged?
Pretty sure other fob has a battery with bitterant

Thanks!View attachment 14386
1692545557594.png
I purchased a rubber cover from Amazon, It fits perfectly on the Lucid Fob.

Back