App is slow to wake car

slairt

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I have an air touring. The one thing that has bugged me is the mobile key. 1) When I open the app, it automatically wakes up the car, which is not ideal. 2) It takes a long time (sometimes more than a minute) to wake up, which is bad.

Putting a button on the app to wake up only when needed, would be great. I don't think that is difficult to implement. Not sure how Lucid will fix the long wake up time. I have submitted these requests in many Lucid surveys and also shared my requests/feedback to Lucid customer service. I have been hoping that one of the OTA updates would fix these issues. But yet to happen. I think these are basic features.

Do anyone else have these issues? Please share your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
How useful would the app be to you without it knowing the latest status of the car?

I have an air touring. The one thing that has bugged me is the mobile key. 1) When I open the app, it automatically wakes up the car, which is not ideal. 2) It takes a long time (sometimes more than a minute) to wake up, which is bad.

Putting a button on the app to wake up only when needed, would be great. I don't think that is difficult to implement. Not sure how Lucid will fix the long wake up time. I have submitted these requests in many Lucid surveys and also shared my requests/feedback to Lucid customer service. I have been hoping that one of the OTA updates would fix these issues. But yet to happen. I think these are basic features.

What are you trying to do? Also, you say mobile key but what you are describing is the app function and not the mobile key function. Those are 2 separate things.

How useful would the app be to you without it knowing the latest status of the car?
Very useful. I don't need to know the latest status of the car when I'm looking at it 30 feet in front of me and I just want the frunk to open by the time me and my groceries get there.

Nothing you have discussed is related to mobile key. I have therefore changed the title of your post from: ‘Mobile Key is Disappointing’ to ‘App is Slow to Wake Car.’

Also, a quick search will show that this has been discussed numerous times and is already on the wishlist.

Nothing you have discussed is related to mobile key. I have therefore changed the title of your post from: ‘Mobile Key is Disappointing’ to ‘App is Slow to Wake Car.’

Also, a quick search will show that this has been discussed numerous times and is already on the wishlist.
Thanks Bobby. Hope the issue gets resolved.

?? title still reads 'Mobile key is Disappointing'

Hi, agreeing with this sentiment, in a perfect world I'd like to be able to open the app and open the trunk as I'm walking out of the grocery store. Alas, by the time the app wakes up, I'm usually at the car.

Just a minor annoyance - not a show stopper but it seems like it would be an easy fix.

Hi, agreeing with this sentiment, in a perfect world I'd like to be able to open the app and open the trunk as I'm walking out of the grocery store. Alas, by the time the app wakes up, I'm usually at the car.

Just a minor annoyance - not a show stopper but it seems like it would be an easy fix.
It's a little easier if you use the apple watch app - many times no need to take your phone out of your pocket.

It's a little easier if you use the apple watch app - many times no need to take your phone out of your pocket.
That doesn’t seem to be working right now.

I don't have any Lucid app on my watch - only on the phone

Siri Commands don't work. I get a message "Sorry something went wrong. Lucid Says,"Sorry I'm having issues doing this. Please try again later" continue in Lucid App" then nothing happens. What am I missing

Siri Commands don't work. I get a message "Sorry something went wrong. Lucid Says,"Sorry I'm having issues doing this. Please try again later" continue in Lucid App" then nothing happens. What am I missing
It sounds like you are in an area with poor cellular connectivity.

It sounds like you are in an area with poor cellular connectivity.

Yup.

The app wakes up the car by sending an SMS to the car.

If you have poor connectivity, or the cell network is congested, it can take up to 30 seconds or so.

Yup.

The app wakes up the car by sending an SMS to the car.

If you have poor connectivity, or the cell network is congested, it can take up to 30 seconds or so.
I sure wish they'd let me stick my own SIM in. That'd be swell; I guess a boy can dream. :)

Alternatively, I wish it would maintain a low-power connection to wifi (like every other IoT device at my home) at the same time, and the app could choose to wake it via data rather than cellular, in case that's better, because AT&T sucks. <3

🙏

I am at home the car is parked in my garage, the cell coverage is full bars, also the wifi is top notch (since I have my golf simulator in garage which needs wifi, I have a dedicated node there). So the issue has to be something else. Thanks

Also is there a way of know what kind of connectivity is built into the car and where is the SIM. in other cars like Audi and Jaguar iPace there is a specific sim slot.

Lucid uses AT&T for LTE. The wake up goes over cellular rather than WiFi. How is the AT&T coverage in your garage?

At&T is very good. I have At&T for the entire household cell plan and it works great pretty everywhere that go in my daily life.

Back