Automatic door opening

LucidAT-KC

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Until just recently, as I walked up to my Lucid Air Touring with my iPhone in my pocket, the doors would automatically open. Now they often do not open and I have to take out my phone and open the Lucid app and wait for it to wake up the car before the doors open. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Until just recently, as I walked up to my Lucid Air Touring with my iPhone in my pocket, the doors would automatically open. Now they often do not open and I have to take out my phone and open the Lucid app and wait for it to wake up the car before the doors open. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
Are you shaking your phone vigorously in your pocket before you approach? Does it open without you opening the app?

Try to unpair and then repair your mobile key.

Are you shaking your phone vigorously in your pocket before you approach? Does it open without you opening the app?

Try to unpair and then repair your mobile key.

It is quite variable. At times it opens fairly quickly, but at other times I have to open the Lucid app and wait for the app to wake up the car which can take up to 20-30 seconds.

How do I unpair and then re-pair the mobile key?

It is quite variable. At times it opens fairly quickly, but at other times I have to open the Lucid app and wait for the app to wake up the car which can take up to 20-30 seconds.

How do I unpair and then re-pair the mobile key?
Before you do that, try shaking your iPhone before you get to your car. It sounds silly, but it's the way the BT works on the iPhone.

Otherwise,

Settings, profiles, keys, forget your mobile key. Then go through the setup process again.

Before you do that, try shaking your iPhone before you get to your car. It sounds silly, but it's the way the BT works on the iPhone.

Otherwise,

Settings, profiles, keys, forget your mobile key. Then go through the setup process again.
I’ll try the shake.

I went to settings on the Lucid app and there is no profiles.

Attachments

• IMG_6218.png
    IMG_6218.png
    627 KB · Views: 26
Additionally to the other answers, you can reboot your Mobile phone and also reset your vehicle; both results in better communication…

From the control panel, go to settings.
On the information tab, press and hold the Lucid Air Logo until the screens go dark. About 10-15 seconds...

But if the reset doesn't solve your problem, you probably need to delete and re-pair your mobile key to get things back to normal.

How do you “reset your vehicle”?
I'm surprised this is the first time you've needed to reset your car. It's essential knowledge when driving a Lucid, although I've had to do it much less often than when I first got the car.
Look at https://www.lucidupdates.com/faq.html under Software.
This is a copy from that section:
There are many computer systems in the Lucid Air. Just like any computer, these systems sometimes require a reset. There are several different known resets.

•Sleep: This reset will occur when the car is locked. by simply walking away from the car for more than thirty minutes, it will go to sleep and when it next wakes up a reset will have occurred. You can disable proximity sensing of the Mobile Key or Fob by locking with the Key Card (see below for more information about locking and unlocking).

•Logo Reset: This is similar to restarting your computer. Go to Settings, About and look for the “Air” logo in the upper left of the Pilot Panel. Press on the center of the logo steadily for 15-20 seconds and you will see a “Powering off” message appear in the upper right panel. Release the button. Allow the car to reboot.

•“Bobby” Reset: This is most often used if the Pilot Panel is non-responsive but the upper screen is responding normally. Tap your profile picture in the upper left hand corner of the right dashboard screen and choose Guest Profile. After the Guest Profile loads, tap the button again and load your desired profile.

•Customer Service Reset: If needed, contact Customer Care (888-995-8243) either by phone or text and explain the situation. Customer Care is able to remotely reset the car.

Back