Phone app draining phone battery

Trey

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Hey everyone,

New owner here and very happy except this small thing below. My Lucid app has been draining the living h*ll out of my battery. Attaching 2 screenshots below.

I have a Tesla as well. The day these were taken I didn't drive either car (I swapped my cars in the driveway to be fair, so I drove them 100 feet each), and I opened the trunk in the Lucid.
The Tesla app used less than 1% and Lucid used 17% of my battery. That is insane.

Anyone else having this problem? Not only is the Lucid app incredibly slow (takes 20-30 seconds to open my frunk), but its draining my phone like wild.
IMG_4162.PNG

IMG_4163.PNG

I don't use always on location. Only when I open the app. So basically as I'm walking to the car, I open my app. That works for me and removes unnecessary power drain.

To answer your question, no. My Lucid app is not draining anywhere near that much battery. 5% on my worst days. And I have all the things turned on. Location, Bluetooth, etc.

To answer your question, no. My Lucid app is not draining anywhere near that much battery. 5% on my worst days. And I have all the things turned on. Location, Bluetooth, etc.
Yeah mine doesn’t even make it into my top lists, just showing a - instead of a percentage over the last 10 days.

I wonder what’s up.

For me, on iPhone, over the past 10 days, the Lucid app has used 8% battery while the Tesla app has used 1%. Neither is using PAAK (phone as a key). Surprisingly, Hubitat (home automation) has used 34% ... the most of all!!!

My personal anecdote comes from Android and Apple as I use both devices. Apple drains far less battery, maybe 2-5% and android uses much more. But android is my main driver so I do that app trick and turned location to only use while in app

Yeah mine doesn’t even make it into my top lists, just showing a - instead of a percentage over the last 10 days.

I wonder what’s up.
Oh, I’ve been on a loaner the past 10 days. I bet that’s why my app has used zero battery. Possible my data is irrelevant as a result, so maybe ignore that.

Hmm. Maybe I don't need always on location? If I have it off, it will still lock on walkaway because of the Bluetooth connection I assume, so maybe it's not necissary. Tesla is always on and precise location so it still seems much worse in optimization or there is something wrong...

Hmm. Maybe I don't need always on location? If I have it off, it will still lock on walkaway because of the Bluetooth connection I assume, so maybe it's not necissary. Tesla is always on and precise location so it still seems much worse in optimization or there is something wrong...
You do need always on location for mobile key.

Maybe it's different for android, but I only have location when app is in use and my mobile key works
Can’t speak to android. I’m sure if you opened the app mobile key would still work fine on iOS; but in order for it to work without the app explicitly open on iOS it needs always on location.

Your Tesla app doesn't show location on?

Just Curious my phone is also draining the battery like crazy and Lucid is the top offender when I looked at data the background activity was 7 hours… in order for mobile key to work it said location activity is always on. But could we confirm settings with you all ??

Curious if it matches up ?

Attachments

• IMG_7113.jpeg
    IMG_7113.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7114.jpeg
    IMG_7114.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 75
Tesla uses similar setting for the location as well:
IMG_7115.jpeg

Just Curious my phone is also draining the battery like crazy and Lucid is the top offender when I looked at data the background activity was 7 hours… in order for mobile key to work it said location activity is always on. But could we confirm settings with you all ??

Curious if it matches up ?
The amount of screen time has nothing to do with battery. If you select Settings > Battery then scroll down it will show you battery usage by app. I use Mobile Key and mine is 2%.

At least in my post I most concerns about 7 hours background time, what is the background time for your cars? Today I was home all day so the distance from car to phone was less than 100 feet most they day

At least in my post I most concerns about 7 hours background time, what is the background time for your cars? Today I was home all day so the distance from car to phone was less than 100 GT most they day
This shows the battery usage was 9.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.png
    IMG_7119.png
    989.4 KB · Views: 77
Mine shows 1hr, 23min in background. 1% battery.

So today I am going to turn off the location thing and park away in work garage to see if this improves

Back