• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Two people sharing app for car

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
I set up the account with my email when I purchased the car. On my phone app, I use the the same login as on the computer. And when I open the car I see the same avatar for my profile. It all matches up. I was setting up the app on my husband's phone yesterday, and the only way to do it is with my email and login. If he opens the car with his phone, is there any way for the car to know it's him instead of me? His fob isn't working quite right either, so I had to get in the passenger side and change the profile in the car before he got in so he didn't get crushed.

I set up the account with my email when I purchased the car. On my phone app, I use the the same login as on the computer. And when I open the car I see the same avatar for my profile. It all matches up. I was setting up the app on my husband's phone yesterday, and the only way to do it is with my email and login. If he opens the car with his phone, is there any way for the car to know it's him instead of me? His fob isn't working quite right either, so I had to get in the passenger side and change the profile in the car before he got in so he didn't get crushed.
Unfortunately, no.

But if you set his phone up as a mobile key, rather than using the app, then the car should know it’s him.

But if you set his phone up as a mobile key, rather than using the app, then the car should know it’s him.
I don't think it was set up correctly. He's getting a new phone in a few days anyway. So I'll try to get that set up when it gets here.

If both of you have phones set up as a mobile key, with a single Lucid account (correct) and one phone linked to one of the car's profiles and the other phone linked to another profile (correct), then the car should switch profiles correctly as you approach - but only if the passenger turns off bluetooth on their phone before approaching the car.

Because of this hassle, we gave up on the phone key and now just use the fobs. The passenger must leave their fab at home away from the car, or in a faraday pouch (2 for $10 on Amazon).

The problem with bluetooth as a key is that the car isn't great at telling which phone is nearest the driver's side. We had a similar problem with our Model 3.

If both of you have phones set up as a mobile key, with a single Lucid account (correct) and one phone linked to one of the car's profiles and the other phone linked to another profile (correct), then the car should switch profiles correctly as you approach - but only if the passenger turns off bluetooth on their phone before approaching the car.

Because of this hassle, we gave up on the phone key and now just use the fobs. The passenger must leave their fab at home away from the car, or in a faraday pouch (2 for $10 on Amazon).

The problem with bluetooth as a key is that the car isn't great at telling which phone is nearest the driver's side. We had a similar problem with our Model 3.
This can be refined. My son and I both use mobile key in R1S and Polestar2, both of us get in same time, but have no issue of identifying who is the driver opening the door.

I figured out the workaround for this today. The seat doesn't reset to your position until you close the door. So if I move the seat back when I exit the car, my husband can get in. He has to change the profile to himself before closing the door. Then the seat, mirrors and everything go to his positions and he won't get crushed. His key fob isn't setting up his entry, it only unlocks the car. I'll have to call customer service tonight and see if I can do something about that.
Actually it kind of worked too well. I couldn't change the profile back to me. I had to get out of the car, turn it off and get in again to have it load my profile. And I was the only one present.

Please tell me you are not going to let your husband drive a Lucid again.

Please tell me you are not going to let your husband drive a Lucid again
I may live to regret this, but he started driving the car last week. I have him on Lucid probation for now. :)
In all seriousness, it wasn't an easy decision. But if causing a crash that destroyed your wife's dream car, and in reality should have ended her life and your own, doesn't change how you look at driving and even life in general, then I'm married to the wrong guy. And I don't think I am. He's pretty serious about being a different kind of driver.

Back