Problems with App / Car Communication

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
So, I have posted about my problems with SiriusXM and the car’s internet connection, or lack thereof. I can use Spotify and/or Tidal without issue. In my search for a remedy, I turned off Data Sharing and turned it back on. No joy, so I had SiriusXM cancel the non-working Lucid service. I will just use CarPlay if I want to use SiriusXM I guess. Problem is that I now get a banner on my app that says data sharing has been turned off even though it was turned back on. The app will not let me lock/unlock the doors, open/ close the frunk/trunk/ charging door or anything else on that page. It will, however, show me the charging status. I have reset the car, changed users, deleted the app and reloaded it, etc. nd still no change. I have looked at this both at my house as well as when I was out to dinner, no difference.

Any thoughts?

Tried calling service earlier today, but no answer and no call back. Had to email my service tech direct and they have been responsive, but no real solutions.

So, I have posted about my problems with SiriusXM and the car’s internet connection, or lack thereof. I can use Spotify and/or Tidal without issue. In my search for a remedy, I turned off Data Sharing and turned it back on. No joy, so I had SiriusXM cancel the non-working Lucid service. I will just use CarPlay if I want to use SiriusXM I guess. Problem is that I now get a banner on my app that says data sharing has been turned off even though it was turned back on. The app will not let me lock/unlock the doors, open/ close the frunk/trunk/ charging door or anything else on that page. It will, however, show me the charging status. I have reset the car, changed users, deleted the app and reloaded it, etc. nd still no change. I have looked at this both at my house as well as when I was out to dinner, no difference.

Any thoughts?

Tried calling service earlier today, but no answer and no call back. Had to email my service tech direct and they have been responsive, but no real solutions.
Sounds like it might be your CCC module? I know @AirDoll had to have hers replaced, but that's all I know about it.

Sounds like it might be your CCC module? I know @AirDoll had to have hers replaced, but that's all I know about it

My issues were that the car wouldn’t communicate with my mobile key, and the phone Bluetooth would drop the mobile key connection. About 25% of the time My car would completely shut down on me when I got in, this was after it unlocked and let me in. Then somewhere between unlocking and me sitting down the screens would go black, the mirrors folded in, and the doors locked. It usually took a few taps on the brake to wake it up, or I’d have to reconnect mobile key in the Bluetooth settings in my phone and try again. Once the CCC module was replaced it’s been perfect.

My iPhone no longer works as a mobile key to lock/unlock the doors, but the car does recognize it to drive and for CarPlay. Back to using key fob.

Wife has started asking when this experiment will end and replace the car. I think she just isn’t too thrilled about having to stop for 30 minutes on our way to Cumming, GA (north Atlanta) so we don’t have to worry about charging again until our way home.

My iPhone no longer works as a mobile key to lock/unlock the doors, but the car does recognize it to drive and for CarPlay. Back to using key fob.

Wife has started asking when this experiment will end and replace the car. I think she just isn’t too thrilled about having to stop for 30 minutes on our way to Cumming, GA (north Atlanta) so we don’t have to worry about charging again until our way home.
Has service said anything about loooking at the CCC?

Has service said anything about loooking at the CCC?
No, just that he plans to be here at some point the week of the 22nd and that he will get the software engineers to look at it through his laptop.

What is “CCC”?

Wife is now showing me what convertible I “should” get. I can see it now, dump the Lucid (which she will not drive, intimidates her), buy a convertible of her choosing and then my daily driver becomes her MB GLS450 which I hate.

No, just that he plans to be here at some point the week of the 22nd and that he will get the software engineers to look at it through his laptop.

What is “CCC”?
That’s great they are looking into software, but if they don’t find an issue there it’s hardware (I also have limited knowledge about that, so could be wrong but in my case it was definitely hardware) CCC stands for center console controller and it controls the right hand side screens which is what the service department told me. It might control more than that, but that’s what they said.

Maybe you have a couple different issues. Glad they are coming to troubleshoot!

This what my app shows which is not what the car shows. Crazy that the phone is definitely communicating with the car, but none of the car controls are available on the app and the mobile key (unlocking/locking) the car does not work.
IMG_4088.png

My app has been stuck like this for a few days now as well, after I turned data sharing off and on a few times from the car. The API says "privacy_mode: PRIVACY_MODE_CONNECTIVITY_DISABLED" even though the data sharing switch is turned on in the car. I can still control it from Home Assistant. The app just doesn't think it can, so it won't try. I don't think this is related to your SiriusXM issues though, and it doesn't seem like a connectivity module failure either.
Tagging @mcr16 - if you wouldn't mind sharing this with the appropriate teams. Seems like something that broke recently. I've used the data sharing toggle before without this issue popping up.

Back