SiriusXM Radio or streaming app?

ptucker

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
I am a new user and have a couple of SiriusXM questions:
1. Is it a streaming app or a satellite radio. If it is streaming, I should be able to add as such because I already have a SiriusXM subscription on the satellite radio in my wife's Range Rover. When I called SiriusXM they did not understand and because the Lucid shows it has a Radio ID that it is a new separate radio not an app. If you have a siriusXM subscription adding streaming is cheaper than a second subscription.

2. Looks like the lates OTA 2.1.52? changed the user interface for the radio and now I Have to press several menu items just to get back to the list of my SiriusXM favorite stations....and in doing so bombarded by keep eyes on road. This happens after after re-start.

3. Would love if it retained your last settings when stopped and started....mine being the Favorite channels on the driver panel and playing on the upper right console.

SiriusXM is a streaming app in the Lucid, there is no external XM antenna. Unfortunately you cannot add it to an existing streaming account as it has its own unique ID#. So it needs to be handled as a separate radio. However, it can be bundled with an existing XM account.

2. Looks like the lates OTA 2.1.52? changed the user interface for the radio and now I Have to press several menu items just to get back to the list of my SiriusXM favorite stations....and in doing so bombarded by keep eyes on road. This happens after after re-start.
I think this was the case with previous versions too. Assuming XM was selected on your previous drive, you have to select "My Collection" - > "Favorites". I too find it annoying. You can also access your favorites from the home screen. I usually do this, so as to bring up the XM radio interface, although you have to go through the above gyrations to access your favorites.

For some reason BMW does the same thing. Hit a favorite and when you go back in for another selection you need two presses to return to a favorites list. Otherwise you’re greeted with the entire list of stations. Why would they not think we’d prefer going back immediately to a favorites list? So weird.

I think this was the case with previous versions too. Assuming XM was selected on your previous drive, you have to select "My Collection" - > "Favorites". I too find it annoying. You can also access your favorites from the home screen. I usually do this, so as to bring up the XM radio interface, although you have to go through the above gyrations to access your favorites.
Which befuddles me as Lucid didn't put CP on the Pilot Panel (maybe for potential distraction), but interfacing with music and built in maps requires you to look away quite a bit. I'd rather have an option to place CP on the Pilot Panel instead.

Which befuddles me as Lucid didn't put CP on the Pilot Panel (maybe for potential distraction), but interfacing with music and built in maps requires you to look away quite a bit. I'd rather have an option to place CP on the Pilot Panel instead.
CarPlay shows navigation. The Pilot panel is way too low to be a good place to put such vital information. It would require your eyes to be much further from the road than they are on the right cockpit panel.

Using the SXM built in streaming app, can you change the station from the steering wheel controls?

Back