Pet air conditioning update

flfy

Cars
lucid air pure
DE Number
The recent update to the Pure Air providing environment control for a pet in a closed and unoccupied vehicle I'm certain was very exciting to some and was worth the time money and effort expended. I warn you before using check local laws. Where I live here in AZ it is against ordinances to leave a pet in in an unoccupied vehicle and subject to fine. Local animal control services will break the window to "rescue" an "abandoned" pet.

The recent update to the Pure Air providing environment control for a pet in a closed and unoccupied vehicle I'm certain was very exciting to some and was worth the time money and effort expended. I warn you before using check local laws. Where I live here in AZ it is against ordinances to leave a pet in in an unoccupied vehicle and subject to fine. Local animal control services will break the window to "rescue" an "abandoned" pet.
That is not true, and is literally the point of creature comfort mode. The AZ law protects a Good Samaritan in the case that they have a good faith belief that the animal is in imminent danger of suffering physical injury or death unless they are removed from the vehicle; that is usually due to high temperatures. Also, they are only protected *after* notifying the proper authorities.

The point of showing the message is specifically to indicate that the animal is safe and comfortable, and not in any imminent danger.

IANAL, but this seems pretty clear-cut to me.

We printed signs to put on the side windows and windshield saying: "Air conditioning is running - dog is safe."

Back