Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP

That means 5030 is delivered SUV. It’s better they correct at this stage of smaller number than the big number at end of this year might be 25k+ units.

That means 5030 is delivered SUV. It’s better they correct at this stage of smaller number than the big number at end of this year might be 25k+ units.
Seems weird how it even passed to be sold under those conditions.

Does anyone have a link or example of what the actual problem is, in pictures? I read the recall report but it wasn't clear exactly how it was out of compliance, and how the fix will put it back into compliance.

Says not enough intensity. Mmmmmm….
3F367448-D0CF-4166-880D-34C625C1960D.jpeg

light casing is concave in the bumper, you may not see it when standing up in the corner.
390AADC1-3E4D-4902-98C4-F37A891C6ED2.jpeg

Very minor stuffs, but they probably have to change light casing.

Says not enough intensity. Mmmmmm….
View attachment 11517
light casing is concave in the bumper, you may not see it when standing up in the corner.
View attachment 11518

Very minor stuffs, but they probably have to change light casing.
If it has a solid light bar and if that red is there all the time, then I can see it isn't bright enough. Except the corners definitely looks like the brake is pushed in

Does anyone have a link or example of what the actual problem is, in pictures? I read the recall report but it wasn't clear exactly how it was out of compliance, and how the fix will put it back into compliance.
I went to Rivian Service Center today to check a minor gap issue. Then I brought up upcoming recall, they showed me a new bumper lamp with amplified back-up LED light. I told them just go ahead to put it in for me before recall letter comes to me. They told me it’s a 30 minutes work, that reminds me of last year Lucid loosing cable connection causing instrument clusters to black out scenario recall, it’s just a minor punch out.

Anyway, rather than letting me wait for checking that panel gap issue, they let me drive off a loaner R1T. I finally drive a R1T. I gotta say it beats F-150 and F-250 I had. It drives like a sports car than a truck and somehow I feel drive slightly better than R1S? Is it because it’s 20” tires better ride than my 22”? Not sure…

7493DFC5-30D8-4152-9701-61E14FFD377F.jpeg

I had blast with this truck. @Drendino
I took it to troll Lucid Service Center.
7375C05A-30D2-4019-BCB8-B900485BB20A.jpeg
F386205C-1FD0-48E3-86BE-CBE8610742E5.jpeg

My DA was very cool about it and came in to check out Rivuan features first time. Then I also went to Tesla Service Center next door to troll them too.
84AACA2A-1B86-4D30-846D-1135524B5C4C.jpeg

Gotta say it’s a pretty awesome Tuesday!

Longer wheel base makes it ride better, which was one of the issues I had with the R1S.
It’s strange because the reviews range from “drives like a cloud”, to “drives like crap”. I’ll be happy if it’s somewhere in the middle.

It’s strange because the reviews range from “drives like a cloud”, to “drives like crap”. I’ll be happy if it’s somewhere in the middle.
Perhaps if was easier to compare for me since I test drove them 1 right after the other with thr R1T first and the R1S second.

But what was teslas reaction?
There was a couple picking up Model-3 getting oriented. They saw R1T, but don’t know what it is. I think just a lot of first time EV buyers getting into Tesla l, especially with recent price cuts.

Perhaps if was easier to compare for me since I test drove them 1 right after the other with thr R1T first and the R1S second.
I’ve actually decided not to test drive either of them. This will be my wife’s car and I can’t get her to buy anything else. She loves my Lucid and if they rolled out a Pure version of the Gravity first, I think that would do it. I don’t see that happening.

I’ve been on fence for scheduling test drive. Now, I got plenty of chance to drive this truck. I think the ride comfort may have to do with combo settings with each drive modes.

7 heights x 2 regen x 2 suspension x 2 traction control x 3 tires size = 168 permutations.

I notice ride quality drastically deteriorated when I drop from 12” All-Purpose mode height to 9” Sports mode height on 20” tires. So when I get my R1S back, I will play around to find optimal settings. Maybe R1T is also a more mature product for Rivian to have time to fine-tune better.

I’ve actually decided not to test drive either of them. This will be my wife’s car and I can’t get her to buy anything else. She loves my Lucid and if they rolled out a Pure version of the Gravity first, I think that would do it. I don’t see that happening.
2E7A2553-0359-401A-847D-AD32BC3671BF.jpeg

I don’t want to entertain my wife here. But I have to admit Rivian makes damn good truck. Superior software, features and more comfortable than Ford and GMC. The only thing is truck bed is just too short, kind of remind me of Jeep Gladiator for outdoor adventure mostly.

View attachment 11616

I don’t want to entertain my wife here. But I have to admit Rivian makes damn good truck. Superior software, features and more comfortable than Ford and GMC. The only thing is truck bed is just too short, kind of remind me of Jeep Gladiator for outdoor adventure mostly.
Bye bye Polstar. Lol

Back