Perhaps Lucid can learn from the Rivian R1S: Great review

Sorry to dig up a zombie thread, but Lucid learning from Rivian is like The Vegan Society learning from Jeffrey Dahmer.

This month is my 1 1/2 year anniversary of my previously scheduled delivery month for my R1S order. They moved it to 2023, but after today’s announcement I would be surprised if I receive it before 2024 if I want the actual features I ordered.

Sometimes it’s fun to visit the twisted panty brigade (Rivian forums) just to put our problems in perspective. In case I haven’t said it in a while. I love you Lucid!, warts and all! 😂
Wait what announcement?

It seems Lucid has the build quality down but it's costing them dearly with the slow ramp up compared to Rivian. Rivian seems to have the software in a much better state than Lucid. You can see the 2 paths these companies took

Rivian - Outsource motor, battery, etc. and focus on in house software
Lucid - vertically integrate, focus on engineering, internal motor, battery etc. and leave software to last
Vertical integration takes longer. But then you are less dependent upon others. Glad lucid went this route.

fwiw iJustine and her sister are yes-people. They will say nothing but positive things about things they are given early in early to do just that, get it early and review it for content.

Wait what announcement?
here is the email that went out today. My interpretation is that it’s a fancy way to say that R1S orders are further delayed, except in some circumstances some people may be able to pick up a cancellation if you don’t care about the specs. Lol

In May, we reached out to some of you, via survey and Guide conversations, to see if you were interested in reconfiguring your preorder to take delivery sooner. The volume and enthusiasm of the responses told us it was a path worth exploring. We tested this approach with customers across a spectrum of preorder dates to ensure it would be valuable, and now that we’re ready to launch this new online experience, we’ll no longer need to send individual email surveys to additional customers.

Introducing the R1 Shop

This month, we’ll introduce the R1 Shop, an online experience that gives invited preorder holders the opportunity to swap their current R1 configuration* for a new configuration with expected delivery in the next 6-8 weeks or sooner.

The first shop invitations will go out to some of our earliest R1T preorder holders this week, and we’ll continue to add invites on a rolling basis weighing factors like preorder date, current configuration, and vehicle availability. Once invited, you'll have access to the R1 Shop for one week, to give as many of you who are ready to make the shift the chance to do so.

Rivian will continue to build to order, however, there are often opportunities to more quickly receive your vehicle if you have flexibility in your configuration. The R1 Shop has been created to allow you to look at vehicles that are available due to last-minute order changes from other customers as well as our intentional use of batching for some of our more popular combinations. Of course, if you prefer to get exactly the configuration you preordered, this process won’t impact you.

Refreshed Delivery Window Estimates

This week, we’ll be updating delivery window estimates for some preorder holders. This first round will prioritize two groups of customers:

Preorder holders with updated delivery window estimates in 2022

A 2022 window means purchase day is in sight! There’s a lot to coordinate, from vehicle trade-ins to quotes for insurance and financing. Your window will let you know when it’s time to start thinking through the details.

Preorder holders who no longer have delivery window estimates in 2022

As we’ve continued to ramp production, we’ve seen some customers’ delivery windows move up while others push back. This includes much anticipated updates to many of our R1S preorder holders. For those who’d previously received an estimated window in 2022 but will now be later than that, we want you to have this update so that you can adjust your plans accordingly.

For all other preorder holders, we plan to share updated delivery window estimates on a rolling basis through the remainder of the year.

We hope all of this adds some clarity on when to expect your Rivian. We’re so excited for you to get behind the wheel, and we know that you are, too.

If you have any questions, please reach out.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement

Wish I knew. There are a couple of recent video reviews, but they were of pre-production vehicles.

We've had a reservation since February 2019 for a vehicle that was supposed to be delivered in fall of 2020. In fall of 2021 I was sent an email saying my "Rivian guide" (equivalent to a Lucid Delivery Advisor) would contact me by Thanksgiving for final order configuration. That contact never came, and I received an email at the start of this year saying I could expect delivery in May/June. That's obviously not going to happen, either. I've sent two email inquiries to Rivian and never received a response.
Any update from Rivian since last May 2022?

Hi,​
It’s an exciting time at Rivian having just completed our first full year of deliveries. We continue working hard to accelerate deliveries even further and get more of you behind the wheel.

As we kick off 2023, we want to share some updates you can expect in the year ahead.

Inviting Reservation Holders to Configure
Soon we will begin inviting reservation holders into the configurator to begin the ordering process, moving more of our community closer to delivery. We will test our process with some of our earliest reservation holders, inviting them to configure vehicles scheduled for build this year. Once invited they may also have access to the R1 Shop. More information about timing for these invitations will be available soon.

R1 Shop
The R1 Shop continues to be the fastest way to take delivery if you are flexible with your choices. Early this year we plan to introduce the R1S into the R1 Shop and will reach out to more customers to browse available configurations, with deliveries happening anywhere between 1-8 weeks depending on your location. Of course, those preferring their specific build will be able to wait for their delivery window to arrive.

Expanding our Service Center footprint
We plan to expand the size of our Mobile Service fleet and add several new Service Centers across the US and Canada this year. This will increase our capacity to make deliveries and further support our owners requiring vehicle care. Look for new Service Center locations in Cincinnati, Portland, Boise, Washington DC, St. Louis, Detroit, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Toronto and more.

Membership
We launched Membership as a beta program, offering a complimentary bundle of benefits during our first year of deliveries. After a year of beta testing and listening to our owners, we are moving away from the bundled Membership model and will begin offering services in more of an à la carte fashion. This unbundled approach allows owners to select the services they prefer without the cost of paying for ones they may not use. This change will take effect on January 16, 2023. Rivian will continue covering the cost of vehicle LTE connectivity through 2023, with charging on the Rivian Adventure Network covered through April 2023 (terms and conditions apply). We plan to introduce additional services over time.

Charging
We will continue adding fast-charging sites to the Rivian Adventure Network targeting high-traffic corridors that connect major metropolitan areas to adventurous destinations. We plan to add multiple routes in the next few months, including Southeast Michigan to the Upper Peninsula, Portland to Central and Southern Oregon and I-95 connecting NYC to DC. We also plan to add to our Rivian Waypoints network of Level 2 chargers in destinations like national and state parks.

More ways to see a Rivian
We love meeting customers and friends at events. In 2023, we’re planning to host more of these experiences in cities across the US and Canada so even more of you can see our vehicles up close and get to know our team. We also plan to expand our mobile drive program to help more customers get behind the wheel. This year we are focused on building out additional spaces with several launches planned for the second half of 2023. These locations will showcase our products and team and help us grow deeper roots in cities like Austin, Brooklyn, Laguna Beach, San Francisco and more.

As we look ahead to 2023, we again want to thank you for your support. Your input and feedback make us better, directly resulting in improvements to our products and ownership experience. We’ll continue listening and learning about the things you feel are going well and, more importantly, the areas where we can continue to improve.​
On behalf of everyone at Rivian, we wish you and your family all the best in the year to come. Here’s to more deliveries and adventures ahead.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

Any update from Rivian since last May 2022?

I've received the above email and one other in the past two weeks. Since I'm not planning to go forward with the order, I've ignored them. I haven't yet canceled my reservation and asked for the refund of my deposit.

Since Rivian had to back down on the price increases for early reservation holders, I'm suspecting they're delaying deliveries to those buyers as long as possible if they can first sell the vehicles for $15-20,000 more to later buyers.

That's really the only explanation I can think of as to why R1S's are being delivered while someone who reserved a Launch Edition four years ago still has yet to hear from his "Rivian Guide", a contact I was once told via email would occur by Thanksgiving of 2021.

I've received the above email and one other in the past two weeks. Since I'm not planning to go forward with the order, I've ignored them. I haven't yet canceled my reservation and asked for the refund of my deposit.

Since Rivian had to back down on the price increases for early reservation holders, I'm suspecting they're delaying deliveries to those buyers as long as possible if they can first sell the vehicles for $15-20,000 more to later buyers.

That's really the only explanation I can think of as to why R1S's are being delivered while someone who reserved a Launch Edition four years ago still has yet to hear from his "Rivian Guide", a contact I was once told via email would occur by Thanksgiving of 2021.
I JUST WON A R1S, I AN SO FXXXKINH STOKED!!!

IAM FLYING TO LA TO PICK UP TOMORROW!

Instead of asking test drive at Venus Hub. I was fortunate to win one! 😆 🍀🕶️🎉🎊

I JUST WON A R1S, I AN SO FXXXKINH STOKED!!!

IAM FLYING TO LA TO PICK UP TOMORROW!

Instead of asking test drive at Venus Hub. I was fortunate to win one! 😆 🍀🕶️🎉🎊

Congratulations! Let us know what your impressions are.

Congratulations! Let us know what your impressions are.
I almost bought it from YouTuber. I will let that YouTuber review my AGT after he kindly enough to show me before I went online to make my first live auction bid.

Back