Passenger seat airbag

We had this issue many years ago with a Nissan Altima. The car never registered her as an occupant. Nothing Nissan did ever resolved the problem. We got rid of the car, but we never liked it anyway. My wife is also in the 5’2, 111 lb weight class.

I need to see if this is an issue in our Lucid or i4. I think, depending on the car, it’s a problem that can be easily missed.

We’ve had a loaner Lucid Air GT for about 1 1/2 weeks while ours has been at the dealer having warranty work done.
I noticed the loaner recognizes my wife is sitting in the passenger seat. The airbag light turns off.
I notified the service writer of this and he said the engineering team wants me to video her getting in the car and the light turning off. I did this and sent it in a couple days ago.
Today I get a call stating the engineering team wants them to bring my car back to me so they can video her getting in our car and the airbag light staying on (not recognizing her as a passenger).
I don’t mind doing that, but I did express that it felt like a waste of time. The mobile tech witnessed her getting in and out of the car and the light not turning off. He documented it. Why isn’t his word good enough for engineering?
They said if the light doesn’t turn off when they come out to video it tomorrow they will take my car back with them.
I did express my appreciation for the loaner and not having to make the 6 hour round trip for this.

We’ve had a loaner Lucid Air GT for about 1 1/2 weeks while ours has been at the dealer having warranty work done.
I noticed the loaner recognizes my wife is sitting in the passenger seat. The airbag light turns off.
I notified the service writer of this and he said the engineering team wants me to video her getting in the car and the light turning off. I did this and sent it in a couple days ago.
Today I get a call stating the engineering team wants them to bring my car back to me so they can video her getting in our car and the airbag light staying on (not recognizing her as a passenger).
I don’t mind doing that, but I did express that it felt like a waste of time. The mobile tech witnessed her getting in and out of the car and the light not turning off. He documented it. Why isn’t his word good enough for engineering?
They said if the light doesn’t turn off when they come out to video it tomorrow they will take my car back with them.
I did express my appreciation for the loaner and not having to make the 6 hour round trip for this.
I think Lucid wants the video to help solve the problem on your car or with seat sensor location. Although very rare, a couple of people have reported this issue and I think Lucid is looking for a way to solve it. I doubt that they don’t believe you.

Update: So they videoed the airbag system working in the loaner and not working in our car. The set the seats at the exact same distance, height, etc. in each car. Lucid Engineering and the Service Manager wanted to assure me of the following: 1. my passenger seat is not as "worn-in" as the loaner car, so that may be why there is a difference. 2. My passenger airbag seat sensor is working exactly as intended and designed per the specs used by all manufacturers. 3. The car decides when it is safer for the passenger to have the airbag deploy vs not deploy based on the weight distribution at that moment. 4. The sensor that recognizes whether you have your seatbelt on or not is linked to that airbag sensor, which is why it isn't detecting my wife is there with her seatbelt on or off.
I did inquire if the side airbags would deploy if there was a side impact and the vehicle didn't "see my wife" sitting there. Engineering confirmed it will still deploy even if the light is on indicating the passenger air bag is off.
They did the test several times while parked and then we took the vehicle for drive. They videos everything and sent it to engineering. I'm not overly concerned about this. Just wanted to share what I've learned in case it helps any one else.

Back