OTA Updates... or lack thereof.

And we have Lucid employees on this forum, so here's to hoping they actually pass along just how important this is.
Agreed. I hardly used it in my last car, but loved the fact I could press a button and start recording around my car. The recording used to start about 30 seconds prior to pressing the button in order to catch something that happened. It helped me with an accident once.

Nice to see Rivian share its software pipeline to owners. 2024 has been pretty lackluster on the OTA front for Lucid unfortunately.

Rivian Updates:

- Video streaming coming to Rivian vehicles in Q2

- SiriusXM and Pandora Radio are coming to Rivian vehicles in 2024

- Current R1 vehicles will have access to 80% of the upcoming sensor and compute upgrades coming

- Summon is coming to R2

- Rivian subscription service launching later this year with enhanced Driver+ capabilities

Nice to see Rivian share its software pipeline to owners. 2024 has been pretty lackluster on the OTA front for Lucid unfortunately.

Rivian Updates:

- Current R1 vehicles will have access to 80% of the upcoming sensor and compute upgrades coming

- Summon is coming to R2

- Rivian subscription service launching later this year with enhanced Driver+ capabilities
Ngl, that level of communication of upcoming features gives me those envy feelings.

Meanwhile we have no idea when (I'm beginning to think if) AA is coming, last I saw it wasn't even on the website anymore.

As someone that picked up the DD pro it wouldn't be the worst thing to get some updates that make it more useful.

Rivian Updates:

- Summon is coming to R2

...and why would I care about Rivian's updates?

...and why would I care about Rivian's updates?
I don’t care if you do or if you don’t tbh. Don’t find it useful / interesting then don’t bother responding.

It’s just showing how forthcoming Rivian is with its software updates whilst Lucid just continues to stay quiet. Let’s be real here….. 2+ years with nothing added to DD Pro is pretty poor on Lucid’s part and the lack of any communication about upcoming features is just as frustrating.

Rivian Updates:

- Summon is coming to R2

Don’t forget the improved suspension OTA, which pretty much silenced all of the ride quality criticism.

Another notable feature was installing one touch geofenced garage door opening capability.

While we are at it, ABRP wasn’t too shabby either!

So many cool features added in the last 6 months alone.

Ngl, that level of communication of upcoming features gives me those envy feelings.

Meanwhile we have no idea when (I'm beginning to think if) AA is coming, last I saw it wasn't even on the website anymore.

As someone that picked up the DD pro it wouldn't be the worst thing to get some updates that make it more useful.
Agreed. All mention of AA has been removed for months so doubt it’s ever going to come at this point. The silence on any upcoming features for DD Pro is beyond frustrating.

I feel Lucid deliberately trying to underplay ☹️.
Hope its true(False is not good)

Wait, did I stumble on to the Rivian forum? Let me check….;)
While the 2+ years without any improvements in DD is not accurate, the comparison between Lucid and Rivian regarding is OTA updates is completely valid. Rivian is doing a great job with their software. Lucid could learn a bit on that front from Rivian.

my favorite roadmap is from osrs, for the first half of 2022.

1) they give just enough information on what's expected to come in the future based on the month. lucid can probably change it to quarter if they need more wiggle room
2) they don't name the teams to protect privacy, but at least they give a breakdown of the major team projects/goals, resource allocation, and progress. if this is too specific for lucid, they can just take out the teams

1713667984511.webp

to me, this picture gives just enough info to allow users to feel included, heard, and not left in the dark, but not enough detailed info where the finger pointing and pitchforks come out to target specific people.

Need to give Lucid the benefit of the doubt. A huge update is probably coming with cool new UI and more features!

Ok. I has been over 50 days since we had a feature update. 26 days from the last update. I think we should see something within the next 7 days. Crossing my fingers!

Ok. I has been over 50 days since we had a feature update. 26 days from the last update. I think we should see something within the next 7 days. Crossing my fingers!
Or, a majority of the development resources are assigned to Gravity and we just have to suck it up and come to realization thar Air updates will be very few and far between from now on…… Not like Lucid is going to communicate anything either way!

Or, a majority of the development resources are assigned to Gravity and we just have to suck it up and come to realization thar Air updates will be very few and far between from now on…… Not like Lucid is going to communicate anything either way!
that would sort of be like eating your young. Gravity is great and all but today the only product that is generating any revenue is the AIR. Lucid just cannot abandon those customers.

...Gravity is great and all but today the only product that is generating any revenue is the AIR. Lucid just cannot abandon those customers.
I expect it's just a pause until Gravity's software is ready for production.

At least regarding some of the Air's clearly needed enhancements and fixes, I think it would be good form on Lucid's part to set some general expectations on what is in the software development pipeline, and about when to expect it. I'm not talking about the whiz-bang stuff. Just the stuff that people with lesser cars already take for granted.

Rivian Updates:

- Summon is coming to R2

I like to drive my car, don’t trust autonomy, don’t trust any car’s summon feature, don’t use auto park- all this autonomous car business is decades away. Wake me up when the car can actually drive itself without my input. Even Tesla FSD is a shamble.

For me , Lucid is 90% there with the software. I don’t need gimmicks.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
...For me , Lucid is 90% there with the software. I don’t need gimmicks.
I generally agree, but for me most of the items on @Bobby 's wishlist are far from gimmicks.

Back