OTA Updates... or lack thereof.

I like to drive my car, don’t trust autonomy, don’t trust any car’s summon feature, don’t use auto park- all this autonomous car business is decades away. Wake me up when the car can actually drive itself without my input. Even Tesla FSD is a shamble.

For me , Lucid is 90% there with the software. I don’t need gimmicks.
I’m not sure “autonomous car business” is “decades” away. Waymo has been operating driverless vehicles for almost a decade already. And, I wouldn’t group autonomous driving as gimmick-y. Waymo’s cars are much safer than other crazy human drivers like myself according to their website:
  • An 85% reduction or 6.8 times lower crash rate involving any injury, from minor to severe and fatal cases (0.41 incidence per million miles for the Waymo Driver vs 2.78 for the human benchmark)
Interconnected autonomous vehicle standards, updated road signage, properly painted roads and accurate GPS mapping like GM’s Super Cruise are some of the things needed to exist before we make the full plunge. That, I believe, is what will take decades before mass-scale AVs exist like what I believe you are referring to.

Despite Elon’s best efforts to polarize the automotive industry, I do have to hand it to him. He is pushing other car manufacturers and non-automotive companies to eventually make car travel safer. Even if he’s a tad reckless about it now.

I’m not sure “autonomous car business” is “decades” away. Waymo has been operating driverless vehicles for almost a decade already. And, I wouldn’t group autonomous driving as gimmick-y. Waymo’s cars are much safer than other crazy human drivers like myself according to their website:
  • An 85% reduction or 6.8 times lower crash rate involving any injury, from minor to severe and fatal cases (0.41 incidence per million miles for the Waymo Driver vs 2.78 for the human benchmark)
Interconnected autonomous vehicle standards, updated road signage, properly painted roads and accurate GPS mapping like GM’s Super Cruise are some of the things needed to exist before we make the full plunge. That, I believe, is what will take decades before mass-scale AVs exist like what I believe you are referring to.

Despite Elon’s best efforts to polarize the automotive industry, I do have to hand it to him. He is pushing other car manufacturers and non-automotive companies to eventually make car travel safer. Even if he’s a tad reckless about it now.
Maybe "tad" isn't the right term. Being anything but solid on self-driving is careless.

I can't open Bobby's OTA Update website this morning. Is it possible that the update site is being 'updated'??? Fingers crossed!

My hope for everyone is that, as they've developed Gravity's software, they are testing/modifying it for Air hardware concurrently.

It would be nice to see Gravity get launched for production and Air owners get rewarded with 3.0 the same day.

Why update 2.0 when you already fixed it in 3.0 and just need to wait for the right moment to release it. 🤷‍♂️

More cryptic (or maybe just useless) emojis on the update site. Guess we will see...

Given the lack of updates recently, this 6 page thread of people not happy about the lack of updates and now mcr16's message about getting prioritized on the general release, it could be Lucid's way of saying "we hear you" and that maybe, just maybe something is coming soon

Time will tell.......

Guessing native Apple Music app 🤞

Given the lack of updates recently, this 6 page thread of people not happy about the lack of updates and now mcr16's message about getting prioritized on the general release, it could be Lucid's way of saying "we hear you" and that maybe, just maybe something is coming soon

Time will tell.......

I like your train of thought!!!

1714589427573.webp

Any guesses as to what this means?

Music Shuffle time?? Karaoke mode maybe? I hope not though since it's about as dumb as the fart modes in teslas lol

Second one...heels moon chipmunk...that seems less obvious?

Or mods @Bobby can you just tell us? :D

View attachment 20329

Music Shuffle time?? Karaoke mode maybe? I hope not though since it's about as dumb as the fart modes in teslas lol

giphy (1) (1).gif

View attachment 20329

It means

"sing a song, dance the shuffle while waiting 10 years for the next OTA"
"buy some heels whilst you wait, look up at the night sky, admire but watch out for rogue chipmunks"

:p

View attachment 20329

Nah, @Bobby always trolls us with that. I remember once he put an traffic light there..

Back