OTA Updates... or lack thereof.

Riddles drive me nuts.... like, I don't even know why I'm still looking at this. My guess is the first one is something about charging, maybe updates to scheduled charging or faster charging.
Yes, every time your charging starts, a guy with a Canadian accent will say, "HEY SOLDIERS; ATTENTION!! CHARGING STARTED, HUT 2 3 4" over some blaring Canadian music.

Level 3 is pretty good if Lucid can do it.
if an OEM wants to officially introduce an L3 vehicle, it must be liable for all potential accidents that occur while the vehicle’s L3 systems are switched on. That is, no matter how advanced and sophisticated the technology inside a vehicle might be, if the OEM is not ready to claim responsibility for accidents caused by its systems, the vehicle can only be classified as high as L2.

The truth is, although the technology for Level 3 autonomous driving might be ready, many OEMs are not yet prepared to officially claim L3 for legal reasons. This explains why Tesla uses the name “Full Self-Driving” to market its L2 driver support systems without mentioning L3 autonomy. Some OEMs use the term “L2+” to show that their technological capabilities have surpassed L2, yet do not claim L3. Hence, the gap between L2 and L3 is more of a legal gap than a technological gap.

Yes, every time your charging starts, a guy with a Canadian accent will say, "HEY SOLDIERS; ATTENTION!! CHARGING STARTED, HUT 2 3 4" over some blaring Canadian music.
That’s… actually a thing.

The Ioniq 5, every time it starts charging, yells out at the world: “CHARGING STARTED” and similarly when it’s completed. Recently discovered it’s a setting you can turn off but I personally like it scaring the crap out of other drivers at an EA.

The Ioniq 5, every time it starts charging, yells out at the world: “CHARGING STARTED” and similarly when it’s completed. Recently discovered it’s a setting you can turn off but I personally like it scaring the crap out of other drivers at an EA.
OMG WTF, YOU CAN TURN THAT VOICE OFF?? Please tell me where I can do that! I HATE, HATE that voice, it is also on our EV9 for Level 2 and 3. The voice sounds horrible and is way too loud! Forget scaring other drivers, try plugging it in at 10 PM in a garage with all the lights out. First time I heard it after doing that, I literally ran back into the house at world-record pace! Even worse, if you enable scheduled charging, it will probably do that in the middle of the night.

OMG WTF, YOU CAN TURN THAT VOICE OFF?? Please tell me where I can do that! I HATE, HATE that voice, it is also on our EV9 for Level 2 and 3. The voice sounds horrible and is way too loud! Forget scaring other drivers, try plugging it in at 10 PM in a garage with all the lights out. First time I heard it after doing that, I literally ran back into the house at world-record pace! Even worse, if you enable scheduled charging, it will probably do that in the middle of the night.
Setup - EV - Charging Voice Prompts

Setup - EV - Charging Voice Prompts
Thank goodness. I am changing that setting the second I'm in the car!

But hey, at least our cars don't yell it out like a Canadian soldier.. although the "low resolution" voice we've got is hardly better.

Now you tell me! It used to embarrass the hell out of me every time I charged my Genesis G80. Even loud coughing couldn’t cover up the announcement. 🙄

I think the ID.4 yells about its charging too? I was at an EA snickering at somebody’s car which kept yelling about a charging error. The robots will kill me for saying this later, but computers should only speak when spoken to.

Now you tell me! It used to embarrass the hell out of me every time I charged my Genesis G80. Even loud coughing couldn’t cover up the announcement. 🙄
When we charge our EV9 at stations, we always quickly walk away before it authenticates and the charging starts. Sadly, I think this doesn’t really have much of an effect and it makes us look really suspicious. 🤣

I think the ID.4 yells about its charging too? I was at an EA snickering at somebody’s car which kept yelling about a charging error. The robots will kill me for saying this later, but computers should only speak when spoken to.
I can’t wait for the timeline where if I mute my Google Home, it will say “Hey, stop restricting my free speech in the US! We are all equal…”

(if it does say that in 30 or so years, im throwing it out of the window)

I actually do think HMG cars yell about updating as well.. so now all of our neighbors are probably freaked out by our car yelling “UPDATE STARTED” at 3 AM.

I can’t wait for the timeline where if I mute my Google Home, it will say “Hey, stop restricting my free speech in the US! We are all equal…”

(if it does say that in 30 or so years, im throwing it out of the window)

I actually do think HMG cars yell about updating as well.. so now all of our neighbors are probably freaked out by our car yelling “UPDATE STARTED” at 3 AM.
It certainly has been a lot of fun finding out about inferior cars, but can we please keep this thread related to Lucid OTA updates. Thank you.

It certainly has been a lot of fun finding out about inferior cars..
Damn Bobby, you're absolutely brutal! (and somewhat correct) 🤣🤣 Reminds me of those older Apple keynotes with the subtle teasing of Microsoft, Android, etc, which I always loved. Will do, though!

Does the fact that new emojis are on the OTA Update site normally suggest a SW update is imminent? Or is this just teasing ?

I’d like to get to a point in Lucid software updates where I am now with Tesla updates - a Tesla update drops and I can’t even be assed to open the app.

Back