OTA Updates... or lack thereof.

I suspect someone did, likely Lucid themselves, otherwise why do the admittedly (VERY) minor release in the first place? I doubt Lucid cares about any timer other than the ones they set for themselves.

We have a new update! I feel like Lucid just wants to reset the timer with these dinky updates. Who has had issues with their telematics control module and its connectivity?
Many updates are for under-the-hood issues that hopefully nobody has ever seen. Bug fixes are never a bad thing.

We have a new update! I feel like Lucid just wants to reset the timer with these dinky updates. Who has had issues with their telematics control module and its connectivity?
I did. Many moons ago, my GPS and geofencing didn't work because of telematics problems.

I would only assume that the most recent updates are critical to line things up for a major update/upgrade push. Curious to know what others think.

I would only assume that the most recent updates are critical to line things up for a major update/upgrade push. Curious to know what others think.

That would be my guess as well, but that’s based on very little actual knowledge.

That would be my guess as well, but that’s based on very little actual knowledge.
This does seem like it is building a foundation for a more substantial update. Both of the recent updates seem to be "behind the scenes" things vs customer-facing features so it "feels" like a big bang type of update is on the horizon.

As usual, I will caution about setting one's expectations for any "big" update.

Updates come when they are ready. Sometimes you bundle a bunch of user-facing things into one update because five different teams happened to finish their thing around the same time. Other times, only one team is done, so you put that out there rather than waiting for others. Still other times, all you get are some background fixes that will make the next update possible.

And of course, one person's "important" feature is the next person's "meh."

I do think we'll see a major change with the Gravity UX release. Whether that comes to Air right away or several months after Gravity's launch is anyone's guess.

Keep in mind, too, that Lucid just experienced a major shakeup with Mike Bell leaving. So who knows if whatever the plan was will proceed without change, or if they'll scrap a few things and change gears?

Not trying to be a downer. Just don't be too shocked if the next update ends up being some nice smaller improvements, is all I'm saying. Getting one's hopes up, reading the tea leaves, etc. usually leads to disappointment in my experience.

As usual, I will caution about setting one's expectations for any "big" update.

Updates come when they are ready. Sometimes you bundle a bunch of user-facing things into one update because five different teams happened to finish their thing around the same time. Other times, only one team is done, so you put that out there rather than waiting for others. Still other times, all you get are some background fixes that will make the next update possible.

And of course, one person's "important" feature is the next person's "meh."

I do think we'll see a major change with the Gravity UX release. Whether that comes to Air right away or several months after Gravity's launch is anyone's guess.

Keep in mind, too, that Lucid just experienced a major shakeup with Mike Bell leaving. So who knows if whatever the plan was will proceed without change, or if they'll scrap a few things and change gears?

Not trying to be a downer. Just don't be too shocked if the next update ends up being some nice smaller improvements, is all I'm saying. Getting one's hopes up, reading the tea leaves, etc. usually leads to disappointment in my experience.

Big update coming!! 😀 (ok, wanted to spread some positivity on this thread)

Back