Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

How did you find out Russell is on vacation. This explains why he has not responded to my text and call. I just left a message at Costa Mesa Service center.
I spoke with someone in sales and they said Russell is due back tomorrow. They said my black/Tahoe touring is in general assembly (VIN assigned 12/13). Seems like a good sign.

I'd argue having a performance brand like Sapphire is important in this class of car (think AMG, etc.) but that likely could have waited.
To announce? Maybe. It’s not like they’ve produced more than a single one yet, so it hasn’t exactly gotten in the way of production.
Does anyone else think it's odd those 17-18 GTs aren't selling?
Nope - not in this down market. Lots of people re-evaluated their finances when the market took a massive dump.
Having a management team that is more humble, pragmatic, and stick to the ground will help the company in the long run.
Having met Peter a few times now, and having spoken with him for a few hours, I can’t imagine him being any more humble. He knows what he’s good at, but he’s extremely open to criticism and well-reasoned points - I’ve skewered him on a few things, and he responded well and thoughtfully.

Same goes for Derek, who is almost too humble, heh.

I don’t know much about the rest of the exec team. 🤷‍♂️

Are we assuming every car in the Bear flyovers is an unsold GT? I don't think that's likely. Many of those are probably Touring cars waiting to be sent out for PDI. They do have at least a few thousand reservations there to fulfill, and we heard unofficially from a holiday party source that most of the Touring orders for this year have already been built.
Is PDI part of production or prep for delivery on the dashboard?

Received the VIN on 12/9(ZR-Tahoe-TX) like everyone else here and the dashboard says 'In Production'.

I asked my DA for an update and his response was ' The vehicle is in mid-production status. It will be completed by the end of the week or early next week. '

Lets say if the car comes out of production early next week 12/20, then it has to be shipped to Houston, complete inspection and then shipped to Dallas. I have loan approved and ready.

In an ideal world, I am still hoping to take the delivery EOY.

My DA is Tony Nguyen, he is a super responsive and calm person. He never spill out beans ahead but always picks up the phone or respond to emails promptly.
I am in the same boat (VIN 12/9 Silver-Tahoe) with same DA in the same town!! Hoping to pick up car soon! My pickup location is set to my home address.

Are you planning to get it PPF wrapped as soon as you get it?

Is PDI part of production or prep for delivery on the dashboard?
PDI is not done at the factory. It’s done at the service center that is closest to where the car will be delivered. I do not believe they account for it on the dashboard. The way my DA described it, my car had “finished production” before it made it to Scottsdale for PDI.

Whether or not they include that as part of the “in production” step or “preparing for delivery” step on the dashboard, I don’t know. The dashboard didn’t get released until my car was done with PDI. My guess is it would be part of “prepare for delivery.”

I am in the same boat (VIN 12/9 Silver-Tahoe) with same DA in the same town!! Hoping to pick up car soon! My pickup location is set to my home address.

Yes I am planning to do it. Do you have any references?

DA (Russell in Costa Mesa) just got back to me. Apologized for the week of no communications and gave me some promising information. No guarantees of course but generally said I shouldn’t worry about missing EOY delivery for my black/Tahoe AT.

My VIN popped up in the dashboard yesterday and he said where my car is in production (someone else on his team said general assembly) it should be ready in 2-3 days. He said they are getting a lot of cars pretty much daily from AZ, and that’s typically 3 days or so from production finishing, but worst case is 7 days. He said there’s a large team at Costa Mesa handling the inspections, so 2-3 more days before they can schedule pickup. He said 99% or so of the cars have been passing inspection. In a less than optimal scenario, it sounds like Dec. 28-30th range with all of that in mind.

Told him I would take white exterior if that made a difference and to keep that in mind. Fingers crossed!

Also told him I need the PA ASAP so he said he would look into expediting that.

DA (Russell in Costa Mesa) just got back to me. Apologized for the week of no communications and gave me some promising information. No guarantees of course but generally said I shouldn’t worry about missing EOY delivery for my black/Tahoe AT.

My VIN popped up in the dashboard yesterday and he said where my car is in production (someone else on his team said general assembly) it should be ready in 2-3 days. He said they are getting a lot of cars pretty much daily from AZ, and that’s typically 3 days or so from production finishing, but worst case is 7 days. He said there’s a large team at Costa Mesa handling the inspections, so 2-3 more days before they can schedule pickup. He said 99% or so of the cars have been passing inspection. In a less than optimal scenario, it sounds like Dec. 28-30th range with all of that in mind.

Told him I would take white exterior if that made a difference and to keep that in mind. Fingers crossed!

Also told him I need the PA ASAP so he said he would look into expediting that.
You are most likely better of with the Black/Tahoe. My White / Tahoe has no vin, shows in production, no contact from DA. I have pretty much given up on EOY delivery.

Russell called me and apologized also. He had told me earlier that my White/Santa Cruz was potentially going to be at the Costa Mesa service center this week. He sounded somewhat surprised that the dashboard has shown it to be “in production” for the last 6 days. He promised to find out happened and get me an update tomorrow. I’m glad he’s back and can hopefully expedite the rest of the delivery process.

I spoke with someone in sales and they said Russell is due back tomorrow. They said my black/Tahoe touring is in general assembly (VIN assigned 12/13). Seems like a good sign.
I called customer care line option 4. Spoke with Ted who looked up my car. It is in general assembly. It is not on a shipment schedule. He could not determine when it started general assembly. He is suppose to try to get more details and get back to me. Hope they hold 2 days general assembly and 1 day for software load. Only 1 day drive to Costa Mesa once a carrier is available. I am hopeful for EOY delivery.

You are most likely better of with the Black/Tahoe. My White / Tahoe has no vin, shows in production, no contact from DA. I have pretty much given up on EOY delivery.
I'm in the same boat. Fully loaded SW/T. No VIN yet. Car shows in production on the dashboard since Saturday. No word from my DA yet.

I'm in the same boat. Fully loaded SW/T. No VIN yet. Car shows in production on the dashboard since Saturday. No word from my DA yet.
Same here! I have a call with my DA tomorrow to learn more.

I first got my VIN when the dashboard went live - 5 days ago - my car has been “in production” for that same amount of time…and counting.

Same here. I wonder if the "Preparing for Delivery" tab only highlights when the car arrives at the delivery center? Just guessing.

Pete

Gasp... just checked now... dashboard says in production and VIN assigned! Going to be tight for eoy

Reactions: Joe
Just checked my account and am now 'In Production' and have a VIN. ZR/Tahoe. Fingers crossed . No word from DA.

Reactions: Joe
Gasp... just checked now... dashboard says in production and VIN assigned! Going to be tight for eoy
Lucid promised that I would get my car by EOY 2021. It was ready at 4:00PM 12/31/2021! So, they kept that promise. :cool:

Same here. I wonder if the "Preparing for Delivery" tab only highlights when the car arrives at the delivery center? Just guessing.

Pete
That is correct. Once it begins PDI, that tab highlights.

I took delivery Sunday at 11am and my car was in for PPF Monday at 10:30am. I expect to get it back tomorrow. I have to say it’s tough dropping the brand new car off just a few hours after taking delivery. At this point the detail shop has had it three times longer than I have.

Back