Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I've had a whirlwind experience over the past week regarding the delivery of my Touring. I consider myself one of the very lucky ones (feel kind of guilty to be honest). Here is a summary of what happened

I submitted my original order confirmation, with selected options on Dec 18th. On Dec 23, my DA asked if would be interested in getting a slightly modified configuration but getting it delivered prior to year-end. The only changes required were:
  1. Switch from Mojave to Santa Cruz and
  2. The car would have the cameras & Lidar but DDP but would be disabled (as I didn't want that option even at original pricing).
I told my DA I thought he was nuts to think he could to locate, prep, and fully deliver the vehicle (with all documentation signed, payments, etc...) considering there were only 5 business days to do it given the Christmas holiday. Well, I received the vehicle on the 31st.

To be clear, the DA never pressured me into changing my config and actually said on the 22nd, that Lucid wants me to be happy with any configuration but wanted to provide an additional path to take if I was interested.

The car was in Arizona at the plant and clearly someone else had bailed on their reservation. The DA needed to get the vehicle shipped to CA for prep and then from there to Nevada where I'm located. This added complexity to delivery, since there's no Lucid presence in Nevada. As of the 30th, I wasn't even sure if I'd have to fly down to CA or if they'd be able to deliver the car in time. NYE traffic along I-15 wasn't helping make things any easier. In the end, the vehicle was shipped/transported on a closed carrier to my location.

I am still amazed this got pulled off. Everyday the DA and I worked together to keep things moving along. Based on what I've been reading on the forum, I lucked out and got a great DA and am thankful for that.

Regarding the vehicle, I am simply amazed and in awe of it. It has blown away my expectations, despite having conducted a test drive in early Dec. The car is state of the art and luxurious!

I would also like to thank all of you community members and this community board. Some of you may know that I wasn't even sure I was going to keep my reservation as recently as Dec 9th I posted for comments and clearly made the right decision - I thank you for that.

@Joe, here is my final configuration as some updates are required on the Touring Tracker.

Lucid Air Touring​

Original Reservation
  • Confirmed: December 18, 2022 / 4:57 PM
  • Infinite Black,
  • Mojave Interior,
  • 20” Aero Lite Wheels,
  • Glass Canopy Roof,
  • Yes Surreal Sound Pro
  • No Stealth
  • No Dream Drive Pro
  • State: Nevada

Modified Reservation:
  • Confirmed: December 23, 2022 / 12:27 PM
  • VIN: Dec 26, 2022
  • Infinite Black,
  • Santa Cruz Mojave Interior,
  • 20” Aero Lite Wheels,
  • Glass Canopy Roof,
  • Yes Surreal Sound Pro
  • No Stealth
  • No Dream Drive Pro, HOWEVER cameras & Lidar equipped for the future should I decide to purchase
Some pictures attached as well.

IMG_20221231_141301.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_141317.jpg
    IMG_20221231_141317.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20221231_141334.jpg
    IMG_20221231_141334.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 172
  • PXL_20221231_184328456.jpg
    PXL_20221231_184328456.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 178
I've had a whirlwind experience over the past week regarding the delivery of my Touring. I consider myself one of the very lucky ones (feel kind of guilty to be honest). Here is a summary of what happened

I submitted my original order confirmation, with selected options on Dec 18th. On Dec 23, my DA asked if would be interested in getting a slightly modified configuration but getting it delivered prior to year-end. The only changes required were:
  1. Switch from Mojave to Santa Cruz and
  2. The car would have the cameras & Lidar but DDP but would be disabled (as I didn't want that option even at original pricing).
I told my DA I thought he was nuts to think he could to locate, prep, and fully deliver the vehicle (with all documentation signed, payments, etc...) considering there were only 5 business days to do it given the Christmas holiday. Well, I received the vehicle on the 31st.

To be clear, the DA never pressured me into changing my config and actually said on the 22nd, that Lucid wants me to be happy with any configuration but wanted to provide an additional path to take if I was interested.

The car was in Arizona at the plant and clearly someone else had bailed on their reservation. The DA needed to get the vehicle shipped to CA for prep and then from there to Nevada where I'm located. This added complexity to delivery, since there's no Lucid presence in Nevada. As of the 30th, I wasn't even sure if I'd have to fly down to CA or if they'd be able to deliver the car in time. NYE traffic along I-15 wasn't helping make things any easier. In the end, the vehicle was shipped/transported on a closed carrier to my location.

I am still amazed this got pulled off. Everyday the DA and I worked together to keep things moving along. Based on what I've been reading on the forum, I lucked out and got a great DA and am thankful for that.

Regarding the vehicle, I am simply amazed and in awe of it. It has blown away my expectations, despite having conducted a test drive in early Dec. The car is state of the art and luxurious!

I would also like to thank all of you community members and this community board. Some of you may know that I wasn't even sure I was going to keep my reservation as recently as Dec 9th I posted for comments and clearly made the right decision - I thank you for that.

@Joe, here is my final configuration as some updates are required on the Touring Tracker.

Lucid Air Touring​

Original Reservation
  • Confirmed: December 18, 2022 / 4:57 PM
  • Infinite Black,
  • Mojave Interior,
  • 20” Aero Lite Wheels,
  • Glass Canopy Roof,
  • Yes Surreal Sound Pro
  • No Stealth
  • No Dream Drive Pro

Modified Reservation:
  • Confirmed: December 23, 2022 / 12:27 PM
  • VIN: Dec 26, 2022
  • Infinite Black,
  • Santa Cruz Mojave Interior,
  • 20” Aero Lite Wheels,
  • Glass Canopy Roof,
  • Yes Surreal Sound Pro
  • No Stealth
  • No Dream Drive Pro, HOWEVER cameras & Lidar equipped for the future should I decide to purchase
Some pictures attached as well.

View attachment 8329
Another AMAZING nick of time story! 😯

Joec,
Please add me to the Delivered ranks. I picked up my QG/SC on 12/30 at Tyson's corner. Unbelievable car!
Michael at Tyson's was great and spent a ton of time with me getting the car set up and answering all my questions (despite being super busy with deliveries). The drive home to Baltimore was fantastic. I've never had a car with Highway Assist functionality - it worked great and made the drive all the more pleasurable. I found no fit/finish issues at all - the car is gorgeous. I have had a couple of software glitches. First, when choosing Applications, I get the normal list, but then regardless of which app I choose, I get the Sirius XM screen (listed at the top) with a blank screen below. I tried the left turn signal and valet card resets but no luck. I ended up doing a factory reset the next day (scary) which fixed the issue but did require me to set up the car again. I also had one occasion where the driver side door handle didn't present itself (all other handles did). I had to get in the passenger side and reach across to open to door from inside. After this, everything has worked fine. Finally, I was so excited to listen to Dolby Atmos tracks that I signed up for Tidal forgetting to use the Tidal code provided on my Lucid dashboard. Since then I have not figured a way to get my free Tidal trial. I emailed Tidal and hope to get a reply on Tuesday. Prior to delivery, I told my DA I was interested in removing the aerocaps from my 19" wheels and replacing them with the silver wheel cap and black lugnut covers. While these weren't preinstalled, they were present in the trunk and only took about 15 minutes for me to install the next day. I do think this change improves the look (though it sacrifices some range). I also ordered the Lucid graphite all weather mats which I think look nice on the SC interior. Below are some photos from the Tysons delivery Friday and then from my driveway earlier today.
Unbelievable car! Oh wait, I already said that.

View attachment 8237View attachment 8238View attachment 8239View attachment 8240
I like the look of the floor mats inside the Santa Cruz interior, are those the grey or the black? I have the same color combo coming, looks great!

I like the look of the floor mats inside the Santa Cruz interior, are those the grey or the black? I have the same color combo coming, looks great!
My mats are color matched to the Santa Cruz off-white, front and back. I would prefer black and so am waiting for the Touring compatible accessory mats to come out. I guess the current accessory mats are for the GT and so are not quite compatible with the back seat. The front would work from what I understand.

My mats are color matched to the Santa Cruz off-white, front and back. I would prefer black and so am waiting for the Touring compatible accessory mats to come out. I guess the current accessory mats are for the GT and so are not quite compatible with the back seat. The front would work from what I understand.
Check out this post: https://lucidowners.com/threads/floor-mats.3202/page-12#post-103802. Looks like the current Lucid all weather mats fit for Touring as well, although the coverage isn't great. I still went with the Motor Trend mats which are ugly but have better coverage.

Everyone,

I had to make a change to my configuration in order to get my car under the wire. I originally ordered a White Air Touring with the Tahoe interior but apparently, Lucid didn't build any Tahoe interiors. In order to get my car before the end of last month, I had to agree to change the interior color from Tahoe to Santa Cruz. Everything else was the same. So, my car has the following:

Stellar White
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Glass Canopy Roof
21" Aero Blade Wheels

Here is a picture:

1672870459969.png

At this point I am a happy guy. So far, love the car!

Eric

1672870459969.png

Everyone,

I had to make a change to my configuration in order to get my car under the wire. I originally ordered a White Air Touring with the Tahoe interior but apparently, Lucid didn't build any Tahoe interiors. In order to get my car before the end of last month, I had to agree to change the interior color from Tahoe to Santa Cruz. Everything else was the same. So, my car has the following:

Stellar White
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Glass Canopy Roof
21" Aero Blade Wheels

Here is a picture:

View attachment 8404

Eric

View attachment 8404
Congrats. Looks familiar.

Everyone is getting great news while my DA has gone MIA.

And I just realized why everyone was pushing for delivery by EOY; the EV credit can be applied this year. FML, I was looking forward and needed that.
At what point do I make a stink about things? Is it even worth it?

How did you find out about the Tahoe issue? That is my interior, but my DA isn't telling me anything about what is holding up my car. Definitely not about alternatives. Sort of moot point now that we're in 2023, but I'm continually surprised by the disparity in DA quality as I read these kinds of posts.

Congrats to you on the sweet ride!

Finalized my order today, initially a pure but upgraded to the Touring
Reservation 12/7/2021
State: Maryland
Variant Touring
Drivetrain Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive Included
Color Quantum Grey
Look Platinum Included
Roof Glass Canopy
Wheels 19” Aero Lite Included
Interior Tahoe Included
Feature Promotional Period of Electrify
America Charging Included
DreamDrive Included
Surreal Sound Included
Feature Lucid User Experience with Navigation Included

Those picture look amazing. Do you happen to have a link to the Motor Trend mats? I'd like to take a look as well. Thanks
This post: https://lucidowners.com/threads/floor-mats.3202/post-88527 shows what they look like in the front, and this post: https://lucidowners.com/threads/floor-mats.3202/post-88285 shows the back (although I believe this is a GT).

I have the black ones in my Touring, and the main difference is the edges and corners by the two front seats is sunken in more.

Everyone,

Stellar White
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
Glass Canopy Roof
21" Aero Blade Wheels

Here is a picture:

View attachment 8404

Eric

View attachment 8404
In the top photo, what's that line on your bumper? Is the paint cracked?

Babyrocko, at first I thought it was a water drip, but when you enlarge it I don’t think so. It‘s hard to imagine a paint defect like that would get through QC.

I’ve got an order for:

Zenith Red
Mojave
No Stealth
Metal roof
19” wheels
SSP
Regular DreamDrive
Reserved: May 7, 2022
Order confirmed: August 10, 2022
State: OR

Finalized my order today, initially a pure but upgraded to the Touring
Reservation 12/7/2021
State: Maryland
Variant Touring
Drivetrain Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive Included
Color Quantum Grey
Look Platinum Included
Roof Glass Canopy
Wheels 19” Aero Lite Included
Interior Tahoe Included
Feature Promotional Period of Electrify
America Charging Included
DreamDrive Included
Surreal Sound Included
Feature Lucid User Experience with Navigation Included
Congrats! You’ll love it

Babyrocko, at first I thought it was a water drip, but when you enlarge it I don’t think so. It‘s hard to imagine a paint defect like that would get through QC.
My guess is water.

How did you find out about the Tahoe issue? That is my interior, but my DA isn't telling me anything about what is holding up my car. Definitely not about alternatives. Sort of moot point now that we're in 2023, but I'm continually surprised by the disparity in DA quality as I read these kinds of posts.

Congrats to you on the sweet ride!
I wonder if you "fell off the radar" like I did with my DA. I have not heard back from mine since my reply to him about any possible way to help me out.

Back