Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Couple things I noticed on my ride today. In the middle of a drive I opened the driver side window and when I tried to close it, it would close halfway through and starts to go down again. This happened few times and then it closed fully. The rear passenger side sunshade and window were closed and I thought press and holding the button down should lower the sunshade first. Instead it lowered the window and pressing the button down again brought up the window while the sunshade is still open and the sunshade was interfering with the window's operation. Am I operating it correctly or is this something they need to look at?

On the way home from the service center, the steering wheel got relatively warm to my comfort and did not know a way to lower it. Is there a way to lower the steering wheel heat with out lowering the AC temp? I don't know if my expectations were high but I thought the cabin is not as quiet on the highway drive. Is that something I should mention to the service team? They are going to stop by next week to setup profiles etc as I did not have my portal password with me at the delivery.
Couple things I noticed on my ride today. In the middle of a drive I opened the driver side window and when I tried to close it, it would close halfway through and starts to go down again. This happened few times and then it closed fully. The rear passenger side sunshade and window were closed and I thought press and holding the button down should lower the sunshade first. Instead it lowered the window and pressing the button down again brought up the window while the sunshade is still open and the sunshade was interfering with the window's operation. Am I operating it correctly or is this something they need to look at?

On the way home from the service center, the steering wheel got relatively warm to my comfort and did not know a way to lower it. Is there a way to lower the steering wheel heat with out lowering the AC temp? I don't know if my expectations were high but I thought the cabin is not as quiet on the highway drive. Is that something I should mention to the service team? They are going to stop by next week to setup profiles etc as I did not have my portal password with me at the delivery.
My driver side window does the same thing. I need to pull up on the window as I am closing it with the button for it to close completely. Also noticed a bit of a step off from front passenger window to b pillar. Need to call customer care to fix.

Lane departure intervention too aggressive for me too. Unfortunately I don’t think there is option for warning only. It’s either intervention + warning or intervention alone. I ended up turning it off.
Ah, bummer. Hopefully it's something that can be added via a software update in the future.

Joec,
Please add me to the Delivered ranks. I picked up my QG/SC on 12/30 at Tyson's corner. Unbelievable car!
Michael at Tyson's was great and spent a ton of time with me getting the car set up and answering all my questions (despite being super busy with deliveries). The drive home to Baltimore was fantastic. I've never had a car with Highway Assist functionality - it worked great and made the drive all the more pleasurable. I found no fit/finish issues at all - the car is gorgeous. I have had a couple of software glitches. First, when choosing Applications, I get the normal list, but then regardless of which app I choose, I get the Sirius XM screen (listed at the top) with a blank screen below. I tried the left turn signal and valet card resets but no luck. I ended up doing a factory reset the next day (scary) which fixed the issue but did require me to set up the car again. I also had one occasion where the driver side door handle didn't present itself (all other handles did). I had to get in the passenger side and reach across to open to door from inside. After this, everything has worked fine. Finally, I was so excited to listen to Dolby Atmos tracks that I signed up for Tidal forgetting to use the Tidal code provided on my Lucid dashboard. Since then I have not figured a way to get my free Tidal trial. I emailed Tidal and hope to get a reply on Tuesday. Prior to delivery, I told my DA I was interested in removing the aerocaps from my 19" wheels and replacing them with the silver wheel cap and black lugnut covers. While these weren't preinstalled, they were present in the trunk and only took about 15 minutes for me to install the next day. I do think this change improves the look (though it sacrifices some range). I also ordered the Lucid graphite all weather mats which I think look nice on the SC interior. Below are some photos from the Tysons delivery Friday and then from my driveway earlier today.
Unbelievable car! Oh wait, I already said that.

Delivery 2.jpg
Home 1.jpg
Home 2.jpg
Driver floormat 1.jpg

I have had a couple of software glitches. First, when choosing Applications, I get the normal list, but then regardless of which app I choose, I get the Sirius XM screen (listed at the top) with a blank screen below. I tried the left turn signal and valet card resets but no luck. I ended up doing a factory reset the next day (scary) which fixed the issue but did require me to set up the car again.

Next time try the "Bobby Reset". You log into the guest profile then back into your profile. I had to do this for a very similar situation. My screen was stuck on the Radio screen whenever I used any media. It resolved the issue for me where the other reset methods did not. It's less aggressive than a full factory reset.

I'll throw my details in with the group.

Reserved 11/2021
Secured order (tax incentive email) 8/2022
Finalized Design 11/2/2022

Stellar White, Tahoe interior, 20" Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Roof, DreamDrive Pro, Surreal Sound Pro

I have to admit; I'm jealous AF right now. I have my Model S ready to be sold to a friend.

I got a call from my DA right before Thanksgiving saying that the order would be going in soon and that it would take about 3 to 5 days once the order was in. He even gave a date of Dec 15th saying the car would be headed to Chicago shortly after that for QA, updates, and a detail. The car has been in "Preparing for Production" on my account page since then, and from the looks of the orders that have been delivered, mainly Santa Cruz interiors. I wonder if they're doing things in batches as far as options go.

I'll throw my details in with the group.

Reserved 11/2021
Secured order (tax incentive email) 8/2022
Finalized Design 11/2/2022

Stellar White, Tahoe interior, 20" Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Roof, DreamDrive Pro, Surreal Sound Pro

I have to admit; I'm jealous AF right now. I have my Model S ready to be sold to a friend.

I got a call from my DA right before Thanksgiving saying that the order would be going in soon and that it would take about 3 to 5 days once the order was in. He even gave a date of Dec 15th saying the car would be headed to Chicago shortly after that for QA, updates, and a detail. The car has been in "Preparing for Production" on my account page since then, and from the looks of the orders that have been delivered, mainly Santa Cruz interiors. I wonder if they're doing things in batches as far as options go.
Yeah, I think it is in batches. I had the Stellar White and Tahoe combination as my initial configuration, which according to my DA was supposed to be built mid-December. However as December rolled along and my dashboard showed in production but without a VIN, that changed and halfway through the month, my DA informed me that my car was now scheduled to be built in January. I ended up switching to the Santa Cruz interior to preserve the 2022 delivery.

Review after week end of driving: Drive is great and music is gorgeous. Highway assist not so great. Works only in one lane, when there is slow moving traffic in the we are and other lanes are free, it does not detect other lanes Nd change. It does detect exit we need to take. Have manually override. Biggest issue is on the northern part of the beltway (495 in the DC area) where road is curvy, it did not handle it well, one time it even went straight and almost ended up in the next lane.

Come to battery life, it burned two full chargers (80%) for total 400 miles, charged ones at 30% and at 20% next time. We just charged at EA in Leesburg and drove 5 miles to home and it is sitting in garage, now charge is showing 76%. Weather outside is warm for January, in upper 50s. Not sure if we are doing something wrong or by car is using more juice then others. Any suggestions from the experts would be great.

We have just noticed a small rip in the door behind driver.

Attachments

• 6DDDD02B-68DA-4198-95BF-A536D53F4A81.jpeg
    6DDDD02B-68DA-4198-95BF-A536D53F4A81.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
Yeah, I think it is in batches. I had the Stellar White and Tahoe combination as my initial configuration, which according to my DA was supposed to be built mid-December. However as December rolled along and my dashboard showed in production but without a VIN, that changed and halfway through the month, my DA informed me that my car was now scheduled to be built in January. I ended up switching to the Santa Cruz interior to preserve the 2022 delivery.
Did I screw up by not taking delivery on 2022?

Review after week end of driving: Drive is great and music is gorgeous. Highway assist not so great. Works only in one lane, when there is slow moving traffic in the we are and other lanes are free, it does not detect other lanes Nd change. It does detect exit we need to take. Have manually override. Biggest issue is on the northern part of the beltway (495 in the DC area) where road is curvy, it did not handle it well, one time it even went straight and almost ended up in the next lane.

Come to battery life, it burned two full chargers (80%) for total 400 miles, charged ones at 30% and at 20% next time. We just charged at EA in Leesburg and drove 5 miles to home and it is sitting in garage, now charge is showing 76%. Weather outside is warm for January, in upper 50s. Not sure if we are doing something wrong or by car is using more juice then others. Any suggestions from the experts would be great.

We have just noticed a small rip in the door behind driver.
It’s best to think of Highway Assist as an assist, not a would-be robo taxi. Lane changes may come in the future, but for now it’s all about keeping you in the current lane and adjusting your speed to match the flow of traffic. And that’s it.

Personally, I greatly prefer the way it handles lane changes, as the automatic lane changing in my Tesla is terrible. Constantly have to override it, anyway. And once it disengages while you are overriding, you have to manually re-engage.

In the Lucid, just turn on your blinker, wait three blinks, and HA will give you back steering control. Make the lane change, and HA automatically re-engages once you’ve successfully steered into the center of the new lane. Smooth as silk.

I’ve found it does get confused on rare occasions with exit ramps, where it doesn’t quite know which lane you want when the lane splits. That’s pretty common to all these systems, as far as I can tell.

And the adaptive speed is better than any car I’ve driven. Never panics when a car cuts into the lane. Never brakes for no reason.

But it’s not an autonomous system, by any means. It’s meant to make longer drives less tiresome. And for that, I think it does very well.

Looking forward to seeing how it improves over time.

It’s best to think of Highway Assist as an assist, not a would-be robo taxi. Lane changes may come in the future, but for now it’s all about keeping you in the current lane and adjusting your speed to match the flow of traffic. And that’s it.

Personally, I greatly prefer the way it handles lane changes, as the automatic lane changing in my Tesla is terrible. Constantly have to override it, anyway. And once it disengages while you are overriding, you have to manually re-engage.

In the Lucid, just turn on your blinker, wait three blinks, and HA will give you back steering control. Make the lane change, and HA automatically re-engages once you’ve successfully steered into the center of the new lane. Smooth as silk.

I’ve found it does get confused on rare occasions with exit ramps, where it doesn’t quite know which lane you want when the lane splits. That’s pretty common to all these systems, as far as I can tell.

And the adaptive speed is better than any car I’ve driven. Never panics when a car cuts into the lane. Never brakes for no reason.

But it’s not an autonomous system, by any means. It’s meant to make longer drives less tiresome. And for that, I think it does very well.

Looking forward to seeing how it improves over time.
Thank you Joe, this is my first EV with any kind of high way assist. It did well on the 95 though where the lanes were not that curved. Any inputs on the battery draining so fast.

Lane departure intervention too aggressive for me too. Unfortunately I don’t think there is option for warning only. It’s either intervention + warning or intervention alone. I ended up turning it off.
Lane departure wants you to drive dead center of lane. I tend to rive closer to the left line. Highway Assist tends to drive closer to the right lines. First time passing a car was much loser than I expected.

Thank you Joe, this is my first EV with any kind of high way assist. It did well on the 95 though where the lanes were not that curved. Any inputs on the battery draining so fast.
If the weather was relatively warm, I'm not sure what might be causing the drain. Could be any one of a dozen things. I have heard that Lucid's motors need a bit of time to loosen up, and that efficiency improves after the first couple thousand miles. But I've also heard mixed reports as to whether that actually happens for everyone.

Also, DC fast charging warms up the battery significantly, so if you charge up, then let the car sit shortly after, you can experience more idle drain than usual. Usually, I fast charge right before I take a trip, not the night before. When possible.

I have heard that Lucid's motors need a bit of time to loosen up, and that efficiency improves after the first couple thousand miles. But I've also heard mixed reports as to whether that actually happens for everyone.
I used to be skeptical on this until I had my rear drive unit replaced and noticed the efficiency dropped with the new drive unit. I will know for sure if the efficiency comes back up in another 1000 miles.

Last edited:
Lane departure wants you to drive dead center of lane. I tend to rive closer to the left line. Highway Assist tends to drive closer to the right lines. First time passing a car was much loser than I expected.
I found that Highway Assist hugs the left of the lane too uncomfortably close.

I used to be skeptical on this until I had my rear drive unit replaced and noticed the efficiency dropped with the new drive unit. I will know for sure if the efficiency comes back up in another 1000 miles.
Did you report it to support? Leo they have any suggestions/ fix

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an update from the DA that my car is on the way from the factory. However I had already told them that I would be changing options if they don't make delivery by EOY. He will talk to management and get back to me.

I found that Highway Assist hugs the left of the lane too uncomfortably close.
I find that my HA stays to the right side of the lane. Strange. I'd much prefer the left as I am passing cars mostly and the HA wants to move my car close to the cars I'm passing.

What has been your experience w/r/t actual delivery vs when you were told it was imminent? I feel like perhaps I got conned into triggering payment as a part of the late-year push to lock in orders. My DA told me on 12/12 that "my car was just finishing production and would be shipping out soon," and that "delivery before the end of the year wasn't too much of a stretch." This was after he tried calling me 3 days in a row before we connected, finally. I was not expecting such a quick delivery, so it was never really an expectation until he told me this. Now, 3 weeks later, my car still shows as 'in production'. When I initially reached out for clarity just after Christmas, he changed his response to some very generic language around rigorous QA processes, etc etc....which, I can choose to take either as comforting, or concerning I suppose. Comforting: "Oh good they're really ensuring everything is ship-shape." Concerning: "Is my delivery being delayed due to issues found in testing?"

Again, had he not given me 'hope' for a December delivery, I probably wouldn't be upset about this, but here we are.

Back