• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Floor mats!

And they're currently cheaper than Lucid's own all weather mats with better coverage. Definitely thinking about it...
These are direct from China so unless they have access to digitally scan an Air in the US, I don't see how they could make these fit as perfectly as shown in the pic (a BMW). I bought something similar direct from Amazon for my Model S but was only for cargo and frunk area - black with black stitching. They held up well, but I'm also not one to give them lots of abuse. Right now, I'll still go with the 3D mats once available for Touring, but if someone does dive in and get these, would be good to see pics!!

These are direct from China so unless they have access to digitally scan an Air in the US, I don't see how they could make these fit as perfectly as shown in the pic (a BMW). I bought something similar direct from Amazon for my Model S but was only for cargo and frunk area - black with black stitching. They held up well, but I'm also not one to give them lots of abuse. Right now, I'll still go with the 3D mats once available for Touring, but if someone does dive in and get these, would be good to see pics!!
Can you link the 3D mats?

Can you link the 3D mats?
Check out the dedicated thread to discuss the 3D Mats. I believe they will be shipping soon ....

Has anyone used the currently available Lucid mats in a Touring model? Just curious to know how they fit, especially in the back. I believe they were made for the GT which has a shallower footwell in the back. Thanks

Has anyone used the currently available Lucid mats in a Touring model? Just curious to know how they fit, especially in the back. I believe they were made for the GT which has a shallower footwell in the back. Thanks
Yes I have. They fit as intended in the front. The rear fits ok. The coverage front-to-back is ok to my eye, but the side-to-side width is where it's off. It seems like it's about an inch too wide, so the edge kind of rides up the side of the footwell a little bit.

No one who has sat in the back has noticed it until I point it out.

They have been an absolute necessity with the Santa Cruz interior (the white carpet mats lasted about a week)

I'm sure the GT owners have pointed this out, but my biggest complaint is the rubber mats have no mating velcro so if you apply any lateral force with your shoe when entering the vehicle, the mat slips around in the driver and passenger footwells.

I am going to try to get some velcro of my own and bond it to the back of the rubber mats with some RTV. The mats have a circular spot on the underside exactly where it should go.

Now that I have my Lucid, the Scotchgarding process of the Santa Cruz interior begins. I only drove it from the delivery center to home with the paper mats and there were stains on the carpet right away. I don’t know why LUCID decided to go with the light carpets for a heavy traffic area, most vehicle manufacturers with light interiors still choose a darker carpet. Anyway, thanks to our recommendation here, Chemical Guys, leather cleaner and a microfiber towel took the stains right out. The masking process was a PITA as of course it’s raining, and I didn’t want to move my Tesla out of the garage. So it remained in the way, but I think masking made it easier to apply the first coat without worrying about overspray on the plastics or leather. I’ll let the first coat dry for a couple of hours, test, and apply a second coat. I may even apply a third coat! Then the Motor Trend mats go down until either 3DMax or WeatherTech or Husky mats are available.

Did you take delivery of your car?

Now that I have my Lucid, the Scotchgarding process of the Santa Cruz interior begins. I only drove it from the delivery center to home with the paper mats and there were stains on the carpet right away. I don’t know why LUCID decided to go with the light carpets for a heavy traffic area, most vehicle manufacturers with light interiors still choose a darker carpet. Anyway, thanks to our recommendation here, Chemical Guys, leather cleaner and a microfiber towel took the stains right out. The masking process was a PITA as of course it’s raining, and I didn’t want to move my Tesla out of the garage. So it remained in the way, but I think masking made it easier to apply the first coat without worrying about overspray on the plastics or leather. I’ll let the first coat dry for a couple of hours, test, and apply a second coat. I may even apply a third coat! Then the Motor Trend mats go down until either 3DMax or WeatherTech or Husky mats are available.
I am done with 2 coats and thinking of the third. I am worried about keeping the SC interior clean and hopefully the motor trend mats work well for now.

I asked them not to remove the plastic under the carpets so that they were not soiled on the drive back home.

The motor trend mats are not too bad. They provide decent coverage , think they cover more are than the lucid mats. Can’t wait for the 3D mats

I am done with 2 coats and thinking of the third. I am worried about keeping the SC interior clean and hopefully the motor trend mats work well for now.

I asked them not to remove the plastic under the carpets so that they were not soiled on the drive back home.

The motor trend mats are not too bad. They provide decent coverage , think they cover more are than the lucid mats. Can’t wait for the 3D mats
Ditto on the MT mats. For the money, they are superb. Waiting for 3D to get a move on. Next step, Scotchgard.

I don’t know why LUCID decided to go with the light carpets for a heavy traffic area, most vehicle manufacturers with light interiors still choose a darker carpet.
Because they’re beautiful! There are other options who don’t want light carpets. :)

I have mats and no car LOL. Figured they were cheap and I can use in another car if it didn't fit.
I am way ahead of you... I have mats AND a window scraper! 😂 Hopefully car soon for both of us! 🤞

I ordered on Amazon, these appear to be similar to the car and driver mats, I think, possibly slightly larger but they’re available on Amazon right now for $49 for the set

Attachments

• 0C0CD241-8333-4AC8-A861-E2AF1EBE7FB4.jpeg
    0C0CD241-8333-4AC8-A861-E2AF1EBE7FB4.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 124
I've had the MotorTrend "cheap" mats since I received my car first week in March last year. They have worked fine but they are kind of ugly. I have been in contact with WeatherTech and their mats are still in development but should be available hopefully in the next few weeks. I have used WeatherTech in most of my previous cars and I've been very happy with them. The Lucid mats to my eye do not offer enough protection but I haven't actually seen them in person; just going by the photos and what others have written.

I've had the MotorTrend "cheap" mats since I received my car first week in March last year. They have worked fine but they are kind of ugly. I have been in contact with WeatherTech and their mats are still in development but should be available hopefully in the next few weeks. I have used WeatherTech in most of my previous cars and I've been very happy with them. The Lucid mats to my eye do not offer enough protection but I haven't actually seen them in person; just going by the photos and what others have written.
I think you are from the Bay Area and the Lucid mats work in this environment. The coverage could be better, but they do the job and look good doing it. I wouldn’t get them in any climate that has snow.

Yeah, I bought the Lucid mats . I ended up not using them because the coverage is not sufficient for winter here. I will use them in summer . Still waiting for Weather Tech or 3D. I have to be extremely careful when I get in the car here because everything outside is such a mess.

What do you mean by masking?

Back