Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

In retrospect, I think the Lucid team did great in trying to get as many cars delivered before eoy. A lot of folks (including my self) who had no expectation to get their cars this year were surprised to find out thy had a shot at it.

There are probable a handful of people who didn’t get their cars and are disappointed, and I would be disappointed to. From what my DA (Omar) has told me, corporate would consider a complete failure any car that made it to the studio but wasn’t delivered before EOY. Clearly, they have moved a lot of obstacles to get as many cars delivers as possible. But of course with such short time frame, there are so many things that can go wrong.

It would be nice if they would give folks who were supposed to get heir vehicles but didn’t, some sort of compensation. However I would consider that an overly generous gesture.
I doubt they will, since the same thing happened last year, and it’s pretty unavoidable that not every car gets delivered. Of course, it was even harder with snowmageddon blanketing 75% of the US, but I’m really impressed, and insanely happy that so many deliveries got made.

I hope everyone is driving around and loving it in 2023! Happy new year!

Happy New Year folks and Congratulations to all of the new Touring and Pure members of #TheLucidOwnersClub!

I have nothing new to report since I didn't get my car yesterday so my wait continues. 😒😒😒😒

Have a good one!!

Reactions: ksn
I took delivery of my AT 2 days ago. Drives like a dream (not the dream edition of course). The checklist was super helpful during my walkthrough at the studio, however, I found some minor fit and finish issues last night as I was Scotchgarding my car, including a stain in the rear foot well underneath the carpet mat. Do you all know who I would contact about this?

I took delivery of my AT 2 days ago. Drives like a dream (not the dream edition of course). The checklist was super helpful during my walkthrough at the studio, however, I found some minor fit and finish issues last night as I was Scotchgarding my car, including a stain in the rear foot well underneath the carpet mat. Do you all know who I would contact about this?
Contact customer care, email, text or call. Their contact information is in the app.

The trim on both of the rear wheel wells were really loose, the charger door paint had some really noticeable discoloration on one side, the passenger side fender was misaligned and was sticking out, the left end of the trunk seal wasn't adhered as well as the right, and there was a paint chip on the edge of the front passenger door. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I still felt slightly disappointed anyways. Going to have service fix these minor defects sometime next week, so perhaps by then I'll feel better.
All this after Lucid performed their quality checks at the factory and at the service center? I'm surprised it got through their audits and would hope they can catch more fit and finish issues before it reaches customers.

All this after Lucid performed their quality checks at the factory and at the service center? I'm surprised it got through their audits and would hope they can catch more fit and finish issues before it reaches customers.
I am 100% certain they would push the car out first with minor blemishes that can be fixed later, rather than holding it up and not delivering before the end of the year. The number of delivered cars is important for various reasons.

I am 100% certain they would push the car out first with minor blemishes that can be fixed later, rather than holding it up and not delivering before the end of the year. The number of delivered cars is important for various reasons.
One of those reasons being customers who told Lucid flat out they’d cancel or be extremely angry if they didn’t get delivery by EOY.

Happy New Year folks and Congratulations to all of the new Touring and Pure members of #TheLucidOwnersClub!

I have nothing new to report since I didn't get my car yesterday so my wait continues. 😒😒😒😒

Have a good one!!
Yup. Me too. Got my PA on 12/28 just to add some salt to the wound. PA expires 1/2 but not signing it until I talk to DA about status of car. Now they have a sense of urgency LOL.

Guess I didn't bitch hard enough LOL.

Yup. Me too. Got my PA on 12/28 just to add some salt to the wound. PA expires 1/2 but not signing it until I talk to DA about status of car. Now they have a sense of urgency LOL.
I'd say I was pretty patient myself. I had my PA sent over on Tuesday after completing my financing agreement. When speaking with my DA they told me that I could expect delivery by Friday which came as a surprise, so that I needed to finalize the PA and provide payment. I did both of those by Wednesday. After that my DA told me that my car did not go through PDI yet and could not be transported. Well it's now Sunday with no word on when that will be completed. I'm happy for those who received their car by EOY. However, the process isn't exactly smooth for everyone especially those that do show some restraint.

I'd say I was pretty patient myself. I had my PA sent over on Tuesday after completing my financing agreement. When speaking with my DA they told me that I could expect delivery by Friday which came as a surprise, so that I needed to finalize the PA and provide payment. I did both of those by Wednesday. After that my DA told me that my car did not go through PDI yet and could not be transported. Well it's now Sunday with no word on when that will be completed. I'm happy for those who received their car by EOY.
That's pretty sad. Hope you get yours soon. And yes hope all new Lucid owners are enjoying their rides!

Couple things I noticed on my ride today. In the middle of a drive I opened the driver side window and when I tried to close it, it would close halfway through and starts to go down again. This happened few times and then it closed fully. The rear passenger side sunshade and window were closed and I thought press and holding the button down should lower the sunshade first. Instead it lowered the window and pressing the button down again brought up the window while the sunshade is still open and the sunshade was interfering with the window's operation. Am I operating it correctly or is this something they need to look at?

On the way home from the service center, the steering wheel got relatively warm to my comfort and did not know a way to lower it. Is there a way to lower the steering wheel heat with out lowering the AC temp? I don't know if my expectations were high but I thought the cabin is not as quiet on the highway drive. Is that something I should mention to the service team? They are going to stop by next week to setup profiles etc as I did not have my portal password with me at the delivery.

Couple things I noticed on my ride today. In the middle of a drive I opened the driver side window and when I tried to close it, it would close halfway through and starts to go down again. This happened few times and then it closed fully. The rear passenger side sunshade and window were closed and I thought press and holding the button down should lower the sunshade first. Instead it lowered the window and pressing the button down again brought up the window while the sunshade is still open and the sunshade was interfering with the window's operation. Am I operating it correctly or is this something they need to look at?

On the way home from the service center, the steering wheel got relatively warm to my comfort and did not know a way to lower it. Is there a way to lower the steering wheel heat with out lowering the AC temp? I don't know if my expectations were high but I thought the cabin is not as quiet on the highway drive. Is that something I should mention to the service team? They are going to stop by next week to setup profiles etc as I did not have my portal password with me at the delivery.
Agree, not as quiet at highway speeds.

Heated Steering is on the AC screen on the Pilot Panel. You can turn it on and off. There is only one temperature level for the steering wheel.

To lower the sun shade just press. Don’t press and hold.

Heated steering wheel is its own button.

Well it finally happened! We picked up our Black / Tahoe this evening at the Plano Studio. Everything went well but will have to take a closer look at the exterior tomorrow in the daylight. Big thanks to my DA Faraz, and the folks in the Houston Service Center who managed to turn the car in two days and put it on a transport to Plano this morning.

The drive home was exhilarating! Just too short... After a harrowing exit out of the parking garage at Legacy West, I let my wife take the wheel. She had the same grin that I did and was amazed at the ride and acceleration (this was her first time to drive the AT)! Plan on taking a short road trip tomorrow to east TX so I hope to be able to see what she can do. Then back to Dallas for PPF and tint...

Joe, please update my status to delivered!
Also, please forward me the video on the secret handshake!

Took delivery yesterday (12/31) in Seattle. Found a couple exterior chips/scratches on the cantrails and roof bar around the back windshield, the strip of padding between the window and door on the bottom of passenger side window was misaligned, and driver side back door/window was slightly tilted (gap between top of the window and the front door was wider than the bottom). This was in addition to Lucid finding a scratch on the back windshield which I hadn't even seen, as well as a scratch on the rear right wheel. Sounds like they will end up replacing the wheel and the back windshield and possibly the cantrails and roof bar as well. Also, the dead pedal had a popping sound when I stepped on it, but they were able to fix that on the spot (apparently a piece of the carpet was stuck preventing it from being fully clipped in.

I forgot to ask about scheduling the service because I was too excited to drive the car, but I did get a card from the service advisor so will call in next week. Took the car on a quick Costco + takeout run and was mostly pleased except for a few things:

1. Navigation makes it seem like you're farther away from the next turn than you actually are, so it's easy to miss turns.
2. The lane departure was a bit aggressive for my taste, and it was nudging the steering wheel in some situations where I rather it didn't. But I think I can turn this off and just keep the warning.
3. There's a consistently high pitched whine/buzz when the car is on (it's not the motor sound. I hear it whether the car is stopped or moving). I didn't notice it until I was on the highway leaving the center, and then I just noticed it the entire rest of the night. It's faint, but still audible enough to be annoying. Will be calling into service about that as well.
4. Had a phone call with my wife while driving and the volume was really low, despite having cranked up the phone volume to max. Master volume was somewhere in the middle I think (didn't change it from leaving the service center) but it just seemed way too quiet at those levels. Didn't get a chance to test out actual audio though.

Also wanted to mention, the wheel covers were off by default and in a bag in the trunk. This seems to be the SOP in Seattle as the cars before and after me had the same treatment. I had the option to purchase the silver cap and black nuts for $138, which I did, and they installed them immediately after.

Took delivery yesterday (12/31) in Seattle. Found a couple exterior chips/scratches on the cantrails and roof bar around the back windshield, the strip of padding between the window and door on the bottom of passenger side window was misaligned, and driver side back door/window was slightly tilted (gap between top of the window and the front door was wider than the bottom). This was in addition to Lucid finding a scratch on the back windshield which I hadn't even seen, as well as a scratch on the rear right wheel. Sounds like they will end up replacing the wheel and the back windshield and possibly the cantrails and roof bar as well. Also, the dead pedal had a popping sound when I stepped on it, but they were able to fix that on the spot (apparently a piece of the carpet was stuck preventing it from being fully clipped in.

I forgot to ask about scheduling the service because I was too excited to drive the car, but I did get a card from the service advisor so will call in next week. Took the car on a quick Costco + takeout run and was mostly pleased except for a few things:

1. Navigation makes it seem like you're farther away from the next turn than you actually are, so it's easy to miss turns.
2. The lane departure was a bit aggressive for my taste, and it was nudging the steering wheel in some situations where I rather it didn't. But I think I can turn this off and just keep the warning.
3. There's a consistently high pitched whine/buzz when the car is on (it's not the motor sound. I hear it whether the car is stopped or moving). I didn't notice it until I was on the highway leaving the center, and then I just noticed it the entire rest of the night. It's faint, but still audible enough to be annoying. Will be calling into service about that as well.
4. Had a phone call with my wife while driving and the volume was really low, despite having cranked up the phone volume to max. Master volume was somewhere in the middle I think (didn't change it from leaving the service center) but it just seemed way too quiet at those levels. Didn't get a chance to test out actual audio though.
Lane departure intervention too aggressive for me too. Unfortunately I don’t think there is option for warning only. It’s either intervention + warning or intervention alone. I ended up turning it off.

Met Rawlinson at the Scottsdale opening. Maybe I should have gotten an autograph! Damn! At least got a photograph taken. Got my Touring 2 days ago, amazing car, miles ahead of the Model S ( which I owned in the past ). The Pure is going to make Lucid a global brand name....
Lane departure intervention too aggressive for me too. Unfortunately I don’t think there is option for warning only. It’s either intervention + warning or intervention alone. I ended up turning it off.
I did the same. I turned it off but seems to be working well.

Back