Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Say hello to Stella.

View attachment 7983

Delivery went as smooth as silk. Only issue was they did not yet have the center caps and lug nut covers for my wheels. They are on order, though, and I am glad they didn’t delay my delivery further over it.

Also, the reps said you will soon be able to order those on the web site yourself, for anyone who wants to have the option after the fact.

She’s a bit dirty already, thanks to the wet mess of weather. But I’ll get her cleaned up again soon and take more photos.

I’ll have much more to say later. Too busy smiling. And going for another drive.
Finally, youve got it! 19s looking slick in this picture

I have had my Touring for 1 week and 578 miles. First day driving it was a learning experience as my Taycan 4S was very different. By the second day I was really enjoying it and have learned how to modulate the regenerative braking pretty well. Highway assist seems as good as our prior Audis/Porsches similarly equipped. Used the seat and steering wheel heaters today and they work great. The music display is not that easy to manipulate, nor is the phone/messaging, but it is acceptable and will get better as did Alexa integration with the latest software update. Charging at EA went perfectly as the charger quickly identified the car and started charging. This was far better than my Taycan. The wireless phone charger won't charge my S22 Ultra or my wife's 13 Pro Max as it seems to only work on smaller phones (fail-Lucid engineers).

Overall I am very pleased by this car and the way it handles road irregularities and curves. I used launch control for the first time today and this car is definitely faster than my Porsche.

One thing that has me stumped is the sliding wood veneer console cover. It seems like a solid piece of wood but it disappears in back almost like it's a magic trick.

Definitely love this car and I am eagerly awaiting my ZR metal roof car to be delivered in a 2-3 months as my DA Bryan Holly expects.

Last edited:
IIView attachment 7971View attachment 7972I just thought some of might want to see the”customization” I asked my DA to make for delivery. I had him put in Mojave floor mats which match the Santa Cruz interior pretty nicely. They also put the silver Lucid hub on my 20” wheels, put black out covers on the lug nuts, and remove the aero covers.
We gotta meet up! I live in SD. Waiting for my touring hopefully this week.

I have had my Touring for 1 week and 578 miles. First day driving it was a learning experience as my Taycan 4S was very different. By the second day I was really enjoying it and have learned how to modulate the regenerative braking pretty well. Highway assist seems as good as our prior Audis/Porsches similarly equipped. Used the seat and steering wheel heaters today and they work great. The music display is not that easy to manipulate, nor is the phone/messaging, but it is acceptable and will get better as did Alexa integration with the latest software update. Charging at EA went perfectly as the charger quickly identified the car and started charging. This was far better than my Taycan. The wireless phone charger won't charge my S22 Ultra or my wife's 13 Pro Max as it seems to only work on smaller phones (fail-Lucid engineers).

Overall I am very pleased by this car and the way it handles road irregularities and curves. I used launch control for the first time today and this car is definitely faster than my Porsche.

One thing that has me stumped is the sliding wood veneer console cover. It seems like a solid piece of wood but it disappears in back almost like it's a magic trick.

Definitely love this car and I am eagerly awaiting my ZR metal roof car to be delivered in a 2-3 months as my DA Bryan Holly expects.
I’ve actually got my Samsung ultra S20 with case on to charge by shoving it down all the way and then tilting it slightly to the right. I’m guessing he S22 is similar in size

Awesome. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
Hi Joe,
I'm not sure if there is an issue with the tracking table, or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my post from a short while back is still not in the Infinite Black table.
Is there something else you need from me to include it?

Lucid Air Touring

Reservation date Dec 24, 2021
Order Confirmed: December 18, 2022 / 4:57 PM
Delivery Date: TBD
Infinite Black,
Mojave Interior,
20” Aero Lite Wheels,
Glass Canopy Roof,
Surreal Sound Pro
No Stealth
No Dream Drive Pro
State: Nevada

Thanks

Anyone in Seattle area or WA have a delivery date? I received my vin on Dec 6, cat apparently still being transported

Anyone in Seattle area or WA have a delivery date? I received my vin on Dec 6, cat apparently still being transported
I got my Vin Dec 17-19th (idr, was on vacation 🌴) and delivery date of 12/30, but I told my DA I could take delivery in California... So I'm going out to Millbrae to pick it up

I got my Vin Dec 17-19th (idr, was on vacation 🌴) and delivery date of 12/30, but I told my DA I could take delivery in California... So I'm going out to Millbrae to pick it

Curious why are you going to millbrae? You don't think they will deliver your car on 30th?

Curious why are you going to millbrae? You don't think they will deliver your car on 30th?
I wasn't expecting a delivery before EOY because I didn't select DDP or SSP

When I saw my VIN assigned I offered to go down to California if it helped make delivery happen before EOY... And well, given the ice we had up here recently, seems like it was the right call to make.

I also have friends + family in the area, so I'll be spending New Years with them. Win-win :)

They are looking for transportation for my car from Milbrae and was offered if I want to fly there. I am trying to decide if I should do that or not.

I wasn't expecting a delivery before EOY because I didn't select DDP or SSP

When I saw my VIN assigned I offered to go down to California if it helped make delivery happen before EOY... And well, given the ice we had up here recently, seems like it was the right call to make.

I also have friends + family in the area, so I'll be spending New Years with them. Win-win :)
Please report back whether your car has the three month trial of DDP and SSP.

oh snap….I was not expecting to get my vin so soon….I need to get my financing secured with my credit union 😊….hopefully rates will be lower in January…
Lining up your financing to get your best rate makes sense, but I'm finding Lucid's production schedule is a crap shoot regarding cycle time to delivery. Seems some cars are flying through production and into delivery while other's (mine) run into some types of materials, parts, and workmanship problems and end up in production purgatory... Guess you want them to get it right, but my point it you may very have more time than you think...

Lining up your financing to get your best rate makes sense, but I'm finding Lucid's production schedule is a crap shoot regarding cycle time to delivery. Seems some cars are flying through production and into delivery while other's (mine) run into some types of materials, parts, and workmanship problems and end up in production purgatory... Guess you want them to get it right, but my point it you may very have more time than you think...
Same over here with my build. Same ZR/SC as a bunch of others but my only change was upgrading to 21's from the 20's. Apparently, this has reverted me from "in production" status as of 12/10 to "preparing for production" 12 days later with not a peep from Lucid.

I write all this to say, there's no way my car arrives by the end of the year and I'm not starting the financing process until my car arrives at Goose Island for PDI.

Reservation Date: 6/24/21
Order Date: 8/10/22
Finalization Date: 10/26/22

STILL NO VIN#!!!

My DA said he requested a dozen cars be expedited for delivery to Costa Mesa, and mine was the only one that didn’t hit. Still at the factory and he doesn’t know why. DA offered to swap out for a new VIN but the suggestion pissed off my CU (BluPeak) who said they would need a completely new loan. DA said he’s never heard of someone requiring that. CU also said the check, which won’t be delivered until tomorrow because no one at Lucid was present on Friday, would need to be returned, so I suspect that still wouldn’t net me EOY delivery.

DA was trying to be proactive so I’m thankful for that, but it might be too little, too late. Current CU is 3.79% and I have approval for another at 4.99% so I might still do that because it more than makes up for the $7,500 credit. Will call as many people as I can today and tomorrow to try and get the car to Costa Mesa, and potentially go with my back up CU.

I got my Vin Dec 17-19th (idr, was on vacation 🌴) and delivery date of 12/30, but I told my DA I could take delivery in California... So I'm going out to Millbrae to pick it up
Jess gave you the delivery date and vin almost together ?
She told me car was being transported but no delivery date because of the winter conditions

Looks like my ZR/SC has left Chicago and should arrive by Wednesday, Thursday latest, in Tysons Corner. My DA says I can pick it up Friday or Saturday. 🤞🏾 It’s coming right down to the wire, but we’re gonna make it! 🥳

My DA said he requested a dozen cars be expedited for delivery to Costa Mesa, and mine was the only one that didn’t hit. Still at the factory and he doesn’t know why. DA offered to swap out for a new VIN but the suggestion pissed off my CU (BluPeak) who said they would need a completely new loan. DA said he’s never heard of someone requiring that. CU also said the check, which won’t be delivered until tomorrow because no one at Lucid was present on Friday, would need to be returned, so I suspect that still wouldn’t net me EOY delivery.

DA was trying to be proactive so I’m thankful for that, but it might be too little, too late. Current CU is 3.79% and I have approval for another at 4.99% so I might still do that because it more than makes up for the $7,500 credit. Will call as many people as I can today and tomorrow to try and get the car to Costa Mesa, and potentially go with my back up CU.
Good luck! Hope it works out.

Got an update from my DA just now. Looks like the 19‘s are in short stock. So I can guarantee delivery if I go with the 20s. No guarantee if I want the 19s that they'll be available for delivery by the end of the week. But then I have to figure out a tire swap for the cold weather here. Thoughts?

Credit unions protocol was to mail it direct to the payee. It’s stuck in an envelope 10 miles from Newark until everyone opens again Tuesday.

Small price to pay to get sub 4% financing, but yea they are a bit old school.
Same situation for me. Check stuck in San Jose, so my delivery will be delayed a day until Wednesday. Sheesh! Why can't BluPeak wire money like the rest of the modern world.

Back