Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Time for a SD meetup! All are welcome

Reactions: MWL
Shared route
From Lakeside to Grand Ole BBQ Flinn Springs via CA-67 N.

1 hr 42 min (78 mi)
1 hr 42 min in current traffic
Avoiding tolls

1. Head east on Woodside Ave toward Los Coches Rd
2. Turn left onto Maine Ave
3. Turn left onto Mapleview St
4. Turn right onto CA-67 N
5. Arrive at location: Farmstand 67
6. Head east on CA-67 N toward Shady Bend
7. Arrive at location: Pine Hill Egg Ranch
8. Head southeast on CA-78 E toward Casner Rd
9. Turn right onto Main St
10. Turn right onto CA-79 S
11. Turn left onto K Q Ranch Rd
12. Turn right onto Tall Pine Rd
13. Arrive at location: California Wolf Center
14. Head northwest on Tall Pine Rd toward K Q Ranch Rd
15. Turn left onto K Q Ranch Rd
16. Turn left onto CA-79 S
17. Slight right onto the I-8 ramp to San Diego
18. Take exit 27 for Dunbar Ln
19. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Dunbar Ln
20. Merge onto Dunbar Ln
21. Turn left onto Olde Hwy 80
22. Arrive at location: Grand Ole BBQ Flinn Springs
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/qG6QXMtWfLzKAFYcA

Someone more familiar with the area, would that be a good driving route?

Would prefer the 8th. But any day / time EXCEPT the evening of January 7th.

Hope to pick up my Touring this week and get to meet all of you at the meetup? Bobby - any chance of picking up one of your “wedges” at the meetup?

Sounds like the 8th is the consensus. Let's do it!

Shared route
From Lakeside to Grand Ole BBQ Flinn Springs via CA-67 N.

1 hr 42 min (78 mi)
1 hr 42 min in current traffic
Avoiding tolls

1. Head east on Woodside Ave toward Los Coches Rd
2. Turn left onto Maine Ave
3. Turn left onto Mapleview St
4. Turn right onto CA-67 N
5. Arrive at location: Farmstand 67
6. Head east on CA-67 N toward Shady Bend
7. Arrive at location: Pine Hill Egg Ranch
8. Head southeast on CA-78 E toward Casner Rd
9. Turn right onto Main St
10. Turn right onto CA-79 S
11. Turn left onto K Q Ranch Rd
12. Turn right onto Tall Pine Rd
13. Arrive at location: California Wolf Center
14. Head northwest on Tall Pine Rd toward K Q Ranch Rd
15. Turn left onto K Q Ranch Rd
16. Turn left onto CA-79 S
17. Slight right onto the I-8 ramp to San Diego
18. Take exit 27 for Dunbar Ln
19. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Dunbar Ln
20. Merge onto Dunbar Ln
21. Turn left onto Olde Hwy 80
22. Arrive at location: Grand Ole BBQ Flinn Springs
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/qG6QXMtWfLzKAFYcA

Someone more familiar with the area, would that be a good driving route?
I'm not a fan of the 67 but the route on the 78/79 takes you into the mountains and is pretty nice. Julian pie company's apple pie is famous down here and it's actually pretty good (getting it fresh at one of their 2 stores is better than buying at the supermarket). There are also a couple of other bakeries in Julian that are pretty good. Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel used to be good but I would skip it now. If the kids are with you, this route is fine. If it's just you and the wife and you'd like to get some wine tasting in, you might consider starting at the 15 and Pomerado Rd, left on Highland Valley, right on Archie Moore, left on 67 and you'll be next to Farmstand 67. Tasting room opening is dependent on day and time.

I'm not a fan of the 67 but the route on the 78/79 takes you into the mountains and is pretty nice. Julian pie company's apple pie is famous down here and it's actually pretty good (getting it fresh at one of their 2 stores is better than buying at the supermarket). There are also a couple of other bakeries in Julian that are pretty good. Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel used to be good but I would skip it now. If the kids are with you, this route is fine. If it's just you and the wife and you'd like to get some wine tasting in, you might consider starting at the 15 and Pomerado Rd, left on Highland Valley, right on Archie Moore, left on 67 and you'll be next to Farmstand 67. Tasting room opening is dependent on day and time.
username checks out 🙏

You guys know best, I was just browsing Google maps for a good driving route. Let's see how this discussion shakes out for a possible drive then brunch/lunch.

Love the idea, especially since I live near there!

I live in La Jolla and picked up my Tourist last week. I've had the car for 9-days and love it. I've been driving a Tesla Model S for 6-years and so happy that I decided on Lucid rather than a new Model S. I'd like to join this group of San Diego area Lucid owners and will try to make it on January 8th. I have: Air Tourist/Stella White/San Cruz/21"

Looks like the 8th is good, any suggestions on where to meet? North SD so south OCers can attend? Any ideas!?!?!

If we stay in the North County part of San Diego our orange county folks will have an easier drive! Carlsbad area is nice. Anyone have any suggestions?

Carlsbad brewing Company is it an industrial park with lots of parking. It’s a big open room with really good food and a lot of different beer options.

Back