Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Can one one join ?
I have applied for Lucid financing last Tuesday. I got call yesterday and got connected to finance department to go over the numbers only to find out that they are still waiting on taxes and fees from Lucid.

As my back up plan, I want to apply for financing as well.
Yup, you just have to join the American consumer council which is free and they’ll do it within the application process for you. Definitely couldn’t hurt as a a backup plan 👍🏾

FWIW, I signed my purchase agreement and made my down payment on 12/15/22. The purchase agreement shows August 11, 2022 as my order confirmation date. I also checked the new 2022 HRBlock software for EV credit. It asks for the purchase date (not delivery date). It's a reach, but those who have a PA but may not be able to have their vehicle delivered by 12/31 would IMO be eligible for the tax credit, based on the question from the tax software. Again, this is based on one data point, mine. Are others who committed by August 11 seeing the same thing?
Not to derail this thread but the actual IRS form asks for something like "Enter the date the vehicle is put in service".

NJ folks picking up your cars next week: are you getting the front plate mounted to your cars?

Took delivery today. Everything went well. Car came with version .33 of software.

I didn't notice it in the showroom, but when I got home and locked the screen to clean the pilot panel, I noticed a scratch. I immediately texted a picture to my DA (who wasn't at today's delivery..I think because he doesn't work on Sunday) Anyway, wish I would have seen it in the showroom delivery.View attachment 7538
Follow up - There is no scratch. The screen protector hadn't been removed. Such a relief - an early Christmas present for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3595.jpeg
    IMG_3595.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 96
From what studio said the inflator kit isn’t included unless state required. They did supply a bag, hat, drink tumbler, charge cable kit), nice wood box with 2 key fobs plus 2 valet cards. Also, limited owners manual and cloth for panels. Full manual in software.
IIView attachment 7971View attachment 7972I just thought some of might want to see the”customization” I asked my DA to make for delivery. I had him put in Mojave floor mats which match the Santa Cruz interior pretty nicely. They also put the silver Lucid hub on my 20” wheels, put black out covers on the lug nuts, and remove the aero covers.
The Mojave mats look good with Santa Cruz interior. Are the rear mats the same color? Did they swap the mats at no charge?

I am not mounting it. They asked me to sign a waiver when I signed the PA for this
Ok. good to know. I actually just got my purchase agreement emailed to me a few minutes ago and I saw that waiver as part of it. I also opted not to have the front plate installed, so let’s see what happens.

The Mojave mats look good with Santa Cruz interior. Are the rear mats the same color? Did they swap the mats at no charge?
I believe the rear mats are the same color. They are ordering them for me. I expected them to charge me for the front mats but I don’t believe they did.

Not to derail this thread but the actual IRS form asks for something like "Enter the date the vehicle is put in service".
I dunno. I'm looking at the HRB software now. It asks for Year, Make, Model, VIN and Date purchased. Then below, it asks for Amount of tentative credit shown on IRS certification letter with Learn More. I click on that, and HRB says "The electric vehicle's manufacturer or distributor will be able to give you a copy of the IRS letter certifying: Your vehicle's eligibility for the credit, The credit amount. Your tentative credit is the credit amount shown in the IRS letter. It specifically says You can't claim a credit for: A vehicle you bought used, A leased vehicle, A vehicle you used primarily outside the United States, A two-wheeled vehicle. There is no reference to the date the vehicle was put in service. Maybe that's in the certifying letter.

My ZR/SC must have made it to Chicago without becoming a block of ice! My status on the dashboard has changed to Preparing For Delivery!! 🥳🥳 EOY is still on the table woo hoo!

Say hello to Stella.

A9BB93BF-AF9B-4F8F-B2C9-21B171ED842A.jpeg

Delivery went as smooth as silk. Only issue was they did not yet have the center caps and lug nut covers for my wheels. They are on order, though, and I am glad they didn’t delay my delivery further over it.

Also, the reps said you will soon be able to order those on the web site yourself, for anyone who wants to have the option after the fact.

She’s a bit dirty already, thanks to the wet mess of weather. But I’ll get her cleaned up again soon and take more photos.

I’ll have much more to say later. Too busy smiling. And going for another drive.

Say hello to Stella.

View attachment 7983

Delivery went as smooth as silk. Only issue was they did not yet have the center caps and lug nut covers for my wheels. They are on order, though, and I am glad they didn’t delay my delivery further over it.

Also, the reps said you will soon be able to order those on the web site yourself, for anyone who wants to have the option after the fact.

She’s a bit dirty already, thanks to the wet mess of weather. But I’ll get her cleaned up again soon and take more photos.

I’ll have much more to say later. Too busy smiling. And going for another drive.
Yayyyyy!!!! Happy holidays!

Say hello to Stella.

View attachment 7983

Please provide your 100 miles or so review...
Especially when you are coming from Tesla (another EV).

Congratulations. Enjoy the beauty and the beast...

Say hello to Stella.

View attachment 7983

It looks like a Stellar White Christmas! Enjoy!

Back