• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Jess gave you the delivery date and vin almost together ?
She told me car was being transported but no delivery date because of the winter conditions
VIN was first, delivery date came a few days later, after the car was delivered to Millbrae.

She's now telling me I can pick it up on Thursday, the 29th, because PDI is going well :)

Original car is stuck in Arizona with some unexpected, unfortunate issue that will not be able to be shipped EOY. Current situation is available vehicle in Millbrae with 20s, or exact spec with 21s in Chicago. Lucid is asking me to FLY to Chicago and drive the car back in order to take EOY delivery. Or, I could take the car in Millbrae with 20s. Truthfully, I really don't like the 20s, it's almost a deal breaker for me. But so is driving across the country 30 hours from Chicago in the dead of winter with a brand new $115k vehicle on summer tires. Sounds mentally terrifying and flat out stupid.

By chance, does anywhere here reading this not like their 21s and want to swap for brand new 20s? Would make my life so easy. Will pay the 2000 that you paid for them

Original car is stuck in Arizona with some unexpected, unfortunate issue that will not be able to be shipped EOY. Current situation is available vehicle in Millbrae with 20s, or exact spec with 21s in Chicago. Lucid is asking me to FLY to Chicago and drive the car back in order to take EOY delivery. Or, I could take the car in Millbrae with 20s. Truthfully, I really don't like the 20s, it's almost a deal breaker for me. But so is driving across the country 30 hours from Chicago in the dead of winter with a brand new $115k vehicle on summer tires. Sounds mentally terrifying and flat out stupid.

By chance, does anywhere here reading this not like their 21s and want to swap for brand new 20s? Would make my life so easy. Will pay the 2000 that you paid for them
There's a build with 21's at Goose Island? Okay, can you share your build details with me? What's the exterior/interior combination? Also, DDP and SSP?

Got an update from my DA just now. Looks like the 19‘s are in short stock. So I can guarantee delivery if I go with the 20s. No guarantee if I want the 19s that they'll be available for delivery by the end of the week. But then I have to figure out a tire swap for the cold weather here. Thoughts?
Hm, my build is with 19s and all I have is a VIN. Hope that doesn’t mean it’s held up at the factory for want of wheels…

We gotta meet up! I live in SD. Waiting for my touring hopefully this week.
Definitely Samo! Just got back from my inaugural trip - amazing car, very comfortable, great sound system, and smooth (haven’t taken out of that setting yet). I had one warning light show up intermittently for a “right front radar failure - call customer support”. I did that and I expect a call from the San Diego CS rep tomorrow. Hopefully nothing serious. Let me know when you get your car!

Samo - for what its worth, I switched from the 19s to 20s to get EOY delivery. They drove fine for my first weekend…….

Picked up my Turing this weekend from West Palm Florida, great drive back to Miami. The one ? I have is able the level of noise coming from the front motor. I think others have committed about it before. Is lucid working on a fix for the sound?

Lining up your financing to get your best rate makes sense, but I'm finding Lucid's production schedule is a crap shoot regarding cycle time to delivery. Seems some cars are flying through production and into delivery while other's (mine) run into some types of materials, parts, and workmanship problems and end up in production purgatory... Guess you want them to get it right, but my point it you may very have more time than you think...
You are right on point. I'm learning that the hard way. I got my financing done based on the promise of EOY delivery which I've been told will not happen nor does Lucid have a good estimate for delivery. My secured financing will most likely expire before I get a delivery date.

You are right on point. I'm learning that the hard way. I got my financing done based on the promise of EOY delivery which I've been told will not happen nor does Lucid have a good estimate for delivery. My secured financing will most likely expire before I get a delivery date.
Still better to fully pay by EOY to increase chances of ev credit? Also to lock the rate

Still better to fully pay by EOY to increase chances of ev credit? Also to lock the rate
It definitely locks the rate. But the EV credit is based on delivery (“in service”) date. You can try to fudge that, but that amounts to nothing less than tax fraud.

Picked up my Turing this weekend from West Palm Florida, great drive back to Miami. The one ? I have is able the level of noise coming from the front motor. I think others have committed about it before. Is lucid working on a fix for the sound?
This doesn't answer your question, but according to one of the Kyle Conner videos, the front motor is mounted in such a way that this sound is not damped that much.

I do believe we’re going to see another .75 increase, at least, in rate so that rate lock could save a fair amount of money, especially if you can get a 45 day lock, assuming your bank/CU offers such a thing. 🤔

My touring arrived at Natick. I paid for it just now and expecting to be delivered this week at short hills. So close!

There's a build with 21's at Goose Island? Okay, can you share your build details with me? What's the exterior/interior combination? Also, DDP and SSP?
Don't worry brother I had a ZR/SC with 21s that got turned into a black/SC with 21s because it wasn't going to be ready in time. Understandably if I heard there was a ZR/SC with 21s waiting and not coming to you or me I'd be pissed af too 😂

Samo - for what its worth, I switched from the 19s to 20s to get EOY delivery. They drove fine for my first weekend…….

I'm sure they drive/ride beautifully. But the amount I like the 21s over the 20s and for the original $1500 price point, I'm not willing to take the car for that. Also.... having a very difficult time continuing to conform to a build I didn't want, at this price point. Totally get it. EOY delivery crunch is really what's causing a lot of problems, but still. Asked about getting the 21s later and apparently it's $6-7k to get them from Lucid but not straight from factory. Insanity.

My touring arrived at Natick. I paid for it just now and expecting to be delivered this week at short hills. So close!
Interesting, Natick as an intermediate stop? I will pick up at Short Hills as well (at some point) and a few weeks ago my DA said the car would go through Goose Island. I guess Lucid is routing cars wherever there is PDI capacity.

I’ve actually got my Samsung ultra S20 with case on to charge by shoving it down all the way and then tilting it slightly to the right. I’m guessing he S22 is similar in size
Just tried shoving my S22 Ultra in case down all the way and slight tilt to right and Voila, it worked!!! Thanks CW75.

My iPhone 14 Pro with no case fits perfectly (with a good shove) and charges every time. Still feel like this design is a head-scratcher, but at least I don’t need to resort to any rigging of my own wacky solution.

Follow up - There is no scratch. The screen protector hadn't been removed. Such a relief - an early Christmas present for sure.
Thank you so much for posting this. I, too was convinced I had a few scratches I didn’t notice at delivery. Then I read your post, and sure enough, my screen has a factory protector on it, too.

I’m leaving mine on until I can get a proper one ordered.

Don't worry brother I had a ZR/SC with 21s that got turned into a black/SC with 21s because it wasn't going to be ready in time. Understandably if I heard there was a ZR/SC with 21s waiting and not coming to you or me I'd be pissed af too 😂
Thanks!! Oh, call me "Sis" instead!! 😂😂

Back