Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Getting worried that my AT is going to sit in delivery purgatory and miss the EOY window despite me changing interiors in order to be assigned a VIN matching a vehicle that was already at Goose Island for PDI. I had great luck all week in reaching my DA to make this change, but now that the change has been made, I am not able to get in touch with him in the last 48 hours to find out about delivery timetable. 2 phone calls, 1 voicemail, and 1 text message have got unanswered today. I decided to reach out to someone at the Short Hills studio to find out more about my delivery given that they had been calling folks for delivery arrangements. Not sure how much they can help me, but at this point on a Friday, I'm not sure who else to call. :(

Try calling the main Lucid Customer Service number and choose option 4. It may send you to voice mail, but keep calling back and eventually you'll get a person. Not sure how late they work today, but they are supposed to be there tomorrow but are off on Sunday for X-mas.

Customer Care:​

Available 24/7, 365 to Call (toll free) or Text

+1 (888) 99-Lucid (888-995-8243)

One perk to being a Marylander is it requires the dealer to supply (free of charge) the flat tire inflator kit with all new cars that do not come with a spare. Tysons studio is well aware so check in trunk upon delivery.

For those that took delivery of your Touring. What was provided with your vehicle? Did it include the tire inflator/repair kit? I know that the mobile charger will be in the trunk, did they also provide any swag? Screen cleaning cloth, hat, travel tumbler, etc? Want to make sure I don't miss out on anything!!! :)

For those that took delivery of your Touring. What was provided with your vehicle? Did it include the tire inflator/repair kit? I know that the mobile charger will be in the trunk, did they also provide any swag? Screen cleaning cloth, hat, travel tumbler, etc? Want to make sure I don't miss out on anything!!! :)
A $100k car & you're concerned about a coffee cup ???? Really ????

It’s a fair question. Dream and AGT buyers got some nice stuff. I don’t expect anything, but if they throw in a hat, I won’t say no.

It's not about the cost. Many of us are here and buying these cars (partly) because we want to feel like we're getting on the ground floor of something cool. The swag reinforces the feeling that we're part of a club. Seems like good marketing to me, if they do it.

From what studio said the inflator kit isn’t included unless state required. They did supply a bag, hat, drink tumbler, charge cable kit), nice wood box with 2 key fobs plus 2 valet cards. Also, limited owners manual and cloth for panels. Full manual in software.

Try calling the main Lucid Customer Service number and choose option 4. It may send you to voice mail, but keep calling back and eventually you'll get a person. Not sure how late they work today, but they are supposed to be there tomorrow but are off on Sunday for X-mas.

Customer Care:​

Available 24/7, 365 to Call (toll free) or Text

+1 (888) 99-Lucid (888-995-8243)
Thanks so much for this recommendation. Got through to another DA, Ted, who told me that he is going to put in for my purchase agreement and have someone call me tomorrow from Goose Island with an update on my vehicle. He was pretty confident that EOY delivery to Short Hills is still a "strong possibility" and he repeated that at least 3 times on the call, so that's what I'll have to go with.

Hate to interrupt the positive deliver messages with another negative customer service experience. Since my VIN disappeared on Wednesday and status reverting back to Preparing for Production Thursday, haven't received any response from DA through text or email, and the scheduled time slot I had with her at noon today came and went without a call. I called her number and left a message so we'll see if she responds before the holiday weekend.

This all happened after I already signed a PA and completed the loan documents with my bank, and received confirmation that my bank already funded the loan.

At this point it's not just about missing EOY delivery. I can understand if something went wrong with the car that required them to restart the process. I can even understand if it's something the DA doesn't even have info about yet, and might need to get back to me after Christmas. But not receiving anything even acknowledging my legitimately concerning questions is a huge trust buster.
Call the cus
Hate to interrupt the positive deliver messages with another negative customer service experience. Since my VIN disappeared on Wednesday and status reverting back to Preparing for Production Thursday, haven't received any response from DA through text or email, and the scheduled time slot I had with her at noon today came and went without a call. I called her number and left a message so we'll see if she responds before the holiday weekend.

This all happened after I already signed a PA and completed the loan documents with my bank, and received confirmation that my bank already funded the loan.

At this point it's not just about missing EOY delivery. I can understand if something went wrong with the car that required them to restart the process. I can even understand if it's something the DA doesn't even have info about yet, and might need to get back to me after Christmas. But not receiving anything even acknowledging my legitimately concerning questions is a huge trust buster.

Try calling the customer care line option 4. Call the delivery supervisor at your delivery center.

Thanks so much for this recommendation. Got through to another DA, Ted, who told me that he is going to put in for my purchase agreement and have someone call me tomorrow from Goose Island with an update on my vehicle. He was pretty confident that EOY delivery to Short Hills is still a "strong possibility" and he repeated that at least 3 times on the call, so that's what I'll have to go with.
Ted is my DA; he is very, very responsive.

I’m glad I could help! Hopefully everything lines up for you to get delivery!

From what studio said the inflator kit isn’t included unless state required. They did supply a bag, hat, drink tumbler, charge cable kit), nice wood box with 2 key fobs plus 2 valet cards. Also, limited owners manual and cloth for panels. Full manual in software.
Than you for the helpful answer. Much better than the snarky comment by another forum user!

One perk to being a Marylander is it requires the dealer to supply (free of charge) the flat tire inflator kit with all new cars that do not come with a spare. Tysons studio is well aware so check in trunk upon delivery.
Didn't know that! Thanks very much.

My DA just called and confirmed that the PDI was complete at goose island and the car is being shipped to Short Hills on Monday. He mentioned the Short Hills showroom would be reaching out to schedule the delivery appointment for next week (mostly Wednesday or Thursday).

Really excited

My DA emailed me today. Car has shipped! Not sure how long it will take to get to Chicago. This winter storm isn't helping. Still don't know if it will make it to Tyson's corner by EOY. If not, I may be flying to Chicago. Dashboard still lists it as "In Production".
My DA as well told me yesterday that car has been shipped for Chicago. I am in Naperville/Aurora area - Touring (ZR/Tahoe - with full spec - 19 inch wheels). Hoping it will be in Chicago over weekend so that it can be delivered before EOY.

DA called today and informed car is at Houston service center. Expected delivery early next week. :)
Congrats making it before end of 2022!

It’s a fair question. Dream and AGT buyers got some nice stuff. I don’t expect anything, but if they throw in a hat, I won’t say no.
I am willing to bet that it comes with a hat. The hats that come with the cars are different than what you can buy in the studio or online so I bet Lucid will continue the special hat for owners.

I am willing to bet that it comes with a hat. The hats that come with the cars are different than what you can buy in the studio or online so I bet Lucid will continue the special hat for owners.
At this point I am not even thinking about the swag :). All I need is for the schedule to hold and the car delivered before EOY !!!

Back