Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

My dashboard has been showing "preparing for delivery" since Wednesday. VIN is listed, but "initiate payment" button is greyed out, so I haven't had a chance to pay even though I'm doing a cash purchase. I'm really hoping my car comes on the same truck as everyone else who is scheduled to take delivery at Short Hills next week.

My dashboard has been showing "preparing for delivery" since Wednesday. VIN is listed, but "initiate payment" button is greyed out, so I haven't had a chance to pay even though I'm doing a cash purchase. I'm really hoping my car comes on the same truck as everyone else who is scheduled to take delivery at Short Hills next week.
Yes, I'm getting antsy as well ... my vehicle is still at the factory and my DA and the DAs at the call center can't really tell me when it will be transported to Costa Mesa, CA. Now, I know I'm pretty close to Casa Grande (one day's transport), but things could collapse pretty fast and the vehicle pushed out past 12-31-22. This is the most tense Christmas I think I will ever have!

And just like that I received a call from my DA Ariel and the vehicle has materialized in Costa Mesa! Amazing that the system didn't even show it in transport! Pickup scheduled for the 28th!!!! Yeah!
Congrats!!!

Officially a Lucid AGT owner. Vehicle delivered at home today. Will cross post in the AGT delivery tracker thread but wanted to update status here first since I have been very active here prior to upgrading to the AGT.

I received my PA today and it shows Texas sales tax. I would expect Arizona to remit the taxes back to Texas, but I don't think that is for me to worry about.
My PA did not include TX sales tax and my is very recent (last week). They may have changed the process.

Cool! Just spoke to my DA a while ago; car is heading to Chicago now for PDI, then pick up at Short Hills by 30th. This is really tight for EOY
Congrats! Looks like quite a few EOY dash for deliveries at Short Hills.

Well, looks like there is a Santa, after all. Just got an unexpected call that my car has arrived earlier than expected. I take delivery tomorrow, Christmas Eve.

Miracles do happen.

After many trials and tribulations I picked up my sw/sc today in Costa Mesa. Extra attraction was that Peter was there and enjoying meeting all his new owners! Great conversation with him and took some photos during a great delivery experience. Car is wonderful so far! LA traffic isn’t….

Well, looks like there is a Santa, after all. Just got an unexpected call that my car has arrived earlier than expected. I take delivery tomorrow, Christmas Eve.

Miracles do happen.
Congrats!

And I just noticed this is fastest growing thread in the forum, already got 145 page and almost 3000 posts. Incredible!

Hate to interrupt the positive deliver messages with another negative customer service experience. Since my VIN disappeared on Wednesday and status reverting back to Preparing for Production Thursday, haven't received any response from DA through text or email, and the scheduled time slot I had with her at noon today came and went without a call. I called her number and left a message so we'll see if she responds before the holiday weekend.

This all happened after I already signed a PA and completed the loan documents with my bank, and received confirmation that my bank already funded the loan.

At this point it's not just about missing EOY delivery. I can understand if something went wrong with the car that required them to restart the process. I can even understand if it's something the DA doesn't even have info about yet, and might need to get back to me after Christmas. But not receiving anything even acknowledging my legitimately concerning questions is a huge trust buster.
A slightly positive update:

I called Lucid to see if there was someone else that could identify what happened, but was told by the person who answered that the best they could do was to ping my DA to call me back later. Not great.

Then I decided to text my SA whom I hadn't really connected with since July, and got a response that she was looking into it ~1 hour later. Another hour after that I receive a call from her that she escalated this and there will be another car of the same spec that will be on the next trailer to Seattle on Monday. Apparently, there was some issue where some VINs were not valid/shouldn't have been assigned, and a new one was not automatically re-assigned. She mentioned she wished I had reached out to her sooner as based on my order/reservation date, I should have already been taking delivery at this point. Based on what she said, it does seem like "extra" cars of my configuration (QG/SC) were produced which is why she was able to get another one that's already completing production assigned to me right away. In any case, I should be receiving another PA with a different VIN soon, and my DA has been changed to someone else that focuses on the Seattle area vs. someone in CA. Transportation time to Seattle is expected to be 24 hours so hopefully delivery later next week is still in the cards.

Next question is what happened to the funds that my bank mentioned have already been transferred, but SA is still following up on that. She even mentioned feel free to text/call her this weekend if I have any further questions.

Moral of the story, if you aren't getting a response at all, don't wait to reach out to someone else until you do. It's fine to give Lucid the benefit of the doubt on issues that they can't control like weather, new government laws, or even tech/production snafus, but not getting a response at all shouldn't be accepted.

Getting worried that my AT is going to sit in delivery purgatory and miss the EOY window despite me changing interiors in order to be assigned a VIN matching a vehicle that was already at Goose Island for PDI. I had great luck all week in reaching my DA to make this change, but now that the change has been made, I am not able to get in touch with him in the last 48 hours to find out about delivery timetable. 2 phone calls, 1 voicemail, and 1 text message have got unanswered today. I decided to reach out to someone at the Short Hills studio to find out more about my delivery given that they had been calling folks for delivery arrangements. Not sure how much they can help me, but at this point on a Friday, I'm not sure who else to call. :(

Finally I got the call from DA that my car is on its way to Chicago. Then to short hills. I went to short hills today and they will be working on New Year’s Eve. I hope I get it by then.

My DA emailed me today. Car has shipped! Not sure how long it will take to get to Chicago. This winter storm isn't helping. Still don't know if it will make it to Tyson's corner by EOY. If not, I may be flying to Chicago. Dashboard still lists it as "In Production".
One perk to being a Marylander is it requires the dealer to supply (free of charge) the flat tire inflator kit with all new cars that do not come with a spare. Tysons studio is well aware so check in trunk upon delivery.

A slightly positive update:

I called Lucid to see if there was someone else that could identify what happened, but was told by the person who answered that the best they could do was to ping my DA to call me back later. Not great.

Then I decided to text my SA whom I hadn't really connected with since July, and got a response that she was looking into it ~1 hour later. Another hour after that I receive a call from her that she escalated this and there will be another car of the same spec that will be on the next trailer to Seattle on Monday. Apparently, there was some issue where some VINs were not valid/shouldn't have been assigned, and a new one was not automatically re-assigned. She mentioned she wished I had reached out to her sooner as based on my order/reservation date, I should have already been taking delivery at this point. Based on what she said, it does seem like "extra" cars of my configuration (QG/SC) were produced which is why she was able to get another one that's already completing production assigned to me right away. In any case, I should be receiving another PA with a different VIN soon, and my DA has been changed to someone else that focuses on the Seattle area vs. someone in CA. Transportation time to Seattle is expected to be 24 hours so hopefully delivery later next week is still in the cards.

Next question is what happened to the funds that my bank mentioned have already been transferred, but SA is still following up on that. She even mentioned feel free to text/call her this weekend if I have any further questions.

Moral of the story, if you aren't getting a response at all, don't wait to reach out to someone else until you do. It's fine to give Lucid the benefit of the doubt on issues that they can't control like weather, new government laws, or even tech/production snafus, but not getting a response at all shouldn't be accepted.
I am glad you found some answers. I agree with the person that said squeaky wheel gets the grease. I had to reach out to my SA to get some answers from DA and things started moving. After being in "Preparing for Production" with out any VIN for long time, my color is changed, received VIN, and my portal status changed to Preparing for Delivery and received the Apply for Financing link. I was told they are trying to find transportation and hoping to get it before EOY.

Back