Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Got a call from my DA this evening. Car is finished with PDI and just about to get loaded on a truck headed to Denver. I made my ACH payment. Looking like this journey may finally be reaching its conclusion soon.
Congrats Joe! Looking forward to seeing your pictures and glad things are moving along for you. 😀

Quick review and I put on 80 miles today driving around.

My reaction: I LOVE THIS CAR. It has plenty of power, very comfortable, responsive, sound system is great. I adjusted to driving it quickly. My software is current.

I’m 5’ 10” and I didn’t even adjust the seats and I was comfortable.

The console is not complicated or distracting.

The car is ready to go as soon as I approach it and coming from ICE driving it is so cool to jump in and go.

Getting front PPF soon as it was recommended from the delivery agent.
Congratulations! Which software version was loaded when it delivered?

Pete

They can't possibly be doing this. I finalized my configuration 10/26/22. I'm in that first batch of order finalization emails that were sent out on 10/26/22. As far as converting our contracts to non-refundable prior to in the Inflation Reduction Act passing, I'm also one of the early ones to do so. I converted my order to non-refundable on 8/10/22.

Like I said and like my DA said, he has no idea why my VIN hasn't been assigned.
Yeah, it sure looks like you were overlooked for some unknown reason. Something in the system failed. By every pattern we can see in the tracker, you should have a VIN by now.

Congratulations! Which software version was loaded when it delivered?

Pete
The latest one x.33 (correct?). The DA told me it was current and I checked. Message window also stated that it was current.

The latest one x.33 (correct?). The DA told me it was current and I checked. Message window also stated that it was current.
x.35 just atarted circulating. So not everyone has that yet.

The pilot panel display for software always says you are current regardless of whether you are on 2.0.24 or 2.0.33. They need to correct that at some point with an update so it checks what is on the distribution server and compare it to your car.

Yeah smart move, sell at the bottom and buy when it goes up next year, geez!!!
Well, it would be a bet the stock will go up but only after long enough not to invoke the wash sale rule…

We will see about tomorrow, i will chalk it up right now to some DA's just being on their game (or not).

First of all, it has EVERYTHING to do with Lucid especially if it turns out the binding contract language required 5%. Second, I'll say whatever the hell I want to say when my $100K is on the line! The bottom-line, this is a mess and Lucid needs to fix it!
Wow, entitled much? Yes, you can *say* whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you're right, or should say it.

Lucid did as everyone else (Rivian, Fisker, etc.) did back then when no one knew what would be required of the new tax bill to get the tax credit beyond the end of 2022. To think that they would take $7500 off the car when they always said that nothing was guaranteed and that you should consult a tax professional is asinine. Lucid owes you, or anyone else, nothing. They're not going to lose $7500 per car - the credit comes from the government, not Lucid.

Yes, you can be upset. I'd be upset too. But the car is worth every penny and you'll forget about the tax credit once you've sat in it and started driving.

Yeah smart move, sell at the bottom and buy when it goes up next year, geez!!!
He only has to wait 31 days after he sells his stock before he can buy it back so as not to invoke the wash/sale rule.

If the stock remains at or below his sale price before the 31 days, then yes it is a very smart move. Even if the stock goes up a little higher than his sale, he will still come out ahead, because of his tax saving on deducting his loss against his gains. What is it about this that you do not understand Quantum, in that you put a "Geez" in your response.

Every tax advisor recommends that you harvest your losses against your gain.

My DA has been no where to be found. After receiving an introduction email about a week ago, I sent emails every other day and left 1 voice mail and so far I have not heard back. Frustrating not to get any response.

People need to stop acting so entitled. Enough with the "i expect lucid" and "i demand". The cars will be ready when they are ready. The DAs have absolutely no control over this. And the tax break has nothing to do with Lucid.
1000% agree. The number of people out there who think money entitles them to get exactly what they want whenever they want it doesn’t make the world a better place for anyone.

My DA has been no where to be found. After receiving an introduction email about a week ago, I sent emails every other day and left 1 voice mail and so far I have not heard back. Frustrating not to get any response.
Each DA is handling well over 100 customer vehicles simultaneously, many times they don’t report things because they have nothing to report. I think it’s great that people are excited about their car and want constant updates, it’s totally understandable, just not realistic, and nobody is trying to screw you over, it’s just a lot for them to handle, and the more things ramp up, the more chaos there’s going to be. Ride the wave. You’ll get your car.

Each DA is handling well over 100 customer vehicles simultaneously, many times they don’t report things because they have nothing to report. I think it’s great that people are excited about their car and want constant updates, it’s totally understandable, just not realistic, and nobody is trying to screw you over, it’s just a lot for them to handle, and the more things ramp up, the more chaos there’s going to be. Ride the wave. You’ll get your car.
Understand that very well, however not responding to 4 different attempts to reach out over a week is not acceptable by any means.

I explained to him that I'm disappointed and if it does turn out that we won't get the tax credit for 2023 deliveries, I expect Lucid to make us whole by taking $7,500 off the price of my car.
I am 100% certain they are not going to do this. They didn't do this for the DEs when they missed our deliveries by 12/31 (and it looked like Congress was going to get rid of the EV tax credit), and they're definitely not going to do this for you. Lucid does not control the tax credit, and the tax credit is an entirely separate incentive and process from anything Lucid touches. Any state incentives your state may offer are *also* irrelevant to Lucid, other than that they will try to do their best to deliver their cars as quickly as possible while maintaining quality control.

First of all, it has EVERYTHING to do with Lucid especially if it turns out the binding contract language required 5%. Second, I'll say whatever the hell I want to say when my $100K is on the line! The bottom-line, this is a mess and Lucid needs to fix it!
No, simply, it doesn't. That they attempted to offer you a way to maintain the tax credit is a helpful attempt, but was never a guarantee, as nobody could predict or control how the IRS is going to set their guidelines. The tax credit has nothing to do with Lucid, not even if it ends up that 5% was the requirement. Nobody knew that, and Lucid was making an attempt in good faith to help keep the tax credit as best as possible.

You're welcome to say anything you'd like, but deciding to spend $100k does not suddenly give you a megaphone either. You could spend $0 and still continue to say anything you wanted, and lots of people (here and elsewhere) do. Your $100k buys you an amazing car, not the right to bully anyone.

Being upset makes perfect sense; I would be too. I'm sorry about your situation.

Who is your DA? My DA is not very responsive. I am assuming Texas deliveries are managed by same one or two DAs.
Congrats @speed on getting some movement! I would be curious who your DA is as well, as my DA has been crickets. I'm waiting on my Black/Tahoe and will either pick it up in Houston if delivered by the EOY or have it delivered to the Plano Studio in January since that is close by. My original DA was based out of corporate in CA but after an initial email fell off the radar not answering any scheduled meetings, calls or texts. I was reassigned to another DA who was quite helpful indicating my original DA was "out for an extended time". Got a call from DA2 saying my VIN was close but that he was leaving the company so I was being reassigned back to my original DA... Bummer.

Back