Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Looks like my ACH payment cleared in less than a day. Good to know that isn’t a source of holdup.

Now I wait, once again, for a call from the Denver service center. I’m hoping for Monday or Tuesday for delivery. We’ll see.

Good to see Tahoe interiors getting VINs. Fingers crossed that my QG/Tahoe makes it this year.
I have the same color combo and I heard nothing. It should be all hands on deck to deliver as many as possible, but not seeing high levels of activities.

Just received an email and a phone call from my DA that a VIN has been assigned to the car.

He said that I will receive the Purchase agreement in a week or so, when the car is almost fully built.

Order Date : Nov, 2021/Design Confirmation -Nov 9th, 2022/ZR-Tahoe/19"/Glass/DDPro/SSPro/Dallas,TX

Just received an email and a phone call from my DA that a VIN has been assigned to the car.

He said that I will receive the Purchase agreement in a week or so, when the car is almost fully built.

Order Date : Nov, 2021/Design Confirmation -Nov 9th, 2022/ZR-Tahoe/19"/Glass/DDPro/SSPro/Dallas,TX
Congratulations! Hope I get the call too. Are you going to get delivery in Plano or Houston?

Congratulations - This is great news...

I have not decided on that yet. I prefer Plano unless I am really on the cusp of missing the delivery EOY.

What are your plans?

1/8/22 - Reservation
11/1/22 - Order
11/30/22 - Order Mod to from to take cancellation and move up in timing. Had to go from Interior Tahoe to Santa Cruz
12/1/22 - VIN
12/6/22 - Arrived in Palm Beach
12/7 - Docusign
12/8 - Took Delivery

Stellar White, Santa Cruz, 20” Wheels, DDP

My DA is totally incommunicado. Won't return emails or calls, and didn't show up scheduled calls. Totally frustrated.
I had to call mine during the scheduled call instead of them calling me.

I know I've been a bug to my DA so I apologized to him for asking all these questions again and he's likely dealing with a hundred of me.. he said actually 200. Most of them are likely overwhelmed with everyone wanting a delivery EOY.

I have not decided on that yet. I prefer Plano unless I am really on the cusp of missing the delivery EOY.

What are your plans?
I would pick it up from Houston if delivery date is pushed to 2023 due to Plano delivery, It would be great test drive back. BTW IAH is ~10 miles from Houston Lucid Service Center.

Just Received my VIN a moment ago
Are you picking up in Millbrae? Do we have the same DA? How much did you grease his skids lol. Still nothing for me.

Well the good news is they are getting built so this seems like more a comms gap than anything. Maybe i'll get a call today.

1/8/22 - Reservation
11/1/22 - Order
11/30/22 - Order Mod to from to take cancellation and move up in timing. Had to go from Interior Tahoe to Santa Cruz
12/1/22 - VIN
12/7 - Docusign
12/8 - Took Delivery

Sounds like you’re on my same track as I am - also white and switched from Tahoe to Santa Cruz on Tuesday. The change was finally reflected on my lucid portal this morning. Have been trying to reach my DA who said the delivery might be as early as next week but I’ve been unable to reach him since Tuesday - by phone or email. Hope the rest of my delivery goes quickly like yours! Congrats and how are you liking the Santa Cruz?

Do we see any update on the Lucid portal to see if VIN is assigned?

1/8/22 - Reservation
11/1/22 - Order
12/1/22 - VIN
12/7 - Docusign
12/8 - Took Delivery

Our first white Touring delivery. Congrats. Added.

Do we see any update on the Lucid portal to see if VIN is assigned?
No. For me, the VIN was sent to me via email. No change to the portal.

Are you picking up in Millbrae? Do we have the same DA? How much did you grease his skids lol. Still nothing for me.

Well the good news is they are getting built so this seems like more a comms gap than anything. Maybe i'll get a call today.
I am taking Delivery in Costa Mesa. Maybe this is the difference.
I didn't do anything. I even didn't want to give myself any hope for EOY so I won't be disappointed.
Still so early in the process so I am still not that confident but It is a good progress.
I tried to run insurance quotes with Farmers but they couldn't find the VIN on their system which was confirmed by my DA that it is still so early in the process.
I wish you get yours soon as you are an earlier reservation.

Looking at page one on our tracker, and it's so cool to see the movement. We have 5 confirmed deliveries now, which might not seem like much, but for those who were around all of this year watching the Grand Touring tracker, you'd know seeing VINs become deliveries this quick is actually a massive improvement. I also expect to be adding my own car to that completed list in a matter of days, and we know of a few others who are taking delivery very soon.

Also seeing lots of VINs now (in every color but Black, unfortunately). With more coming almost daily this week.

Looking closer at Black, I can see there are no fully loaded with Santa Cruz interiors on that list, so that makes a bit more sense. Hopefully some black Tahoes will get their VINs in the coming days.

Looking at some of the other colors, I can see all the fully loaded Silvers with Santa Cruz now have VINs. And even some Tahoe now have VINs.

Fully loaded Zenith Red Santa Cruz interiors are getting close, but there are still some outstanding VINs there. But there are also a few Tahoes there, so hopefully those Santa Cruz cars will be getting VINs soon.

For my very own Stellar White, we're seeing 100% of the Santa Cruz fully loaded with VINs. No Tahoe yet.

And for Grey, we have a good number of fully loaded Santa Cruz, but not all yet. And one fully loaded Tahoe.

Let's hope those VINs keep coming. If the pattern holds, everyone with a VIN right now has a great chance of EOY delivery, I think. Anyone getting a VIN next week still has a decent shot, too.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting at whatever stage you happen to be waiting right now. Yes, every step of this process is mostly waiting around hoping, which totally sucks, but everyone on this thread can relate. So take advantage of our communal understanding.

I feel like when all the waiting is over and we have our cars, we should have an intramural softball match, or something. Tourings vs Grand Tourings. I think we can take 'em.

Looking at page one on our tracker, and it's so cool to see the movement. We have 5 confirmed deliveries now, which might not seem like much, but for those who were around all of this year watching the Grand Touring tracker, you'd know seeing VINs become deliveries this quick is actually a massive improvement. I also expect to be adding my own car to that completed list in a matter of days, and we know of a few others who are taking delivery very soon.

Also seeing lots of VINs now (in every color but Black, unfortunately). With more coming almost daily this week.

Looking closer at Black, I can see there are no fully loaded with Santa Cruz interiors on that list, so that makes a bit more sense. Hopefully some black Tahoes will get their VINs in the coming days.

Looking at some of the other colors, I can see all the fully loaded Silvers with Santa Cruz now have VINs. And even some Tahoe now have VINs.

Fully loaded Zenith Red Santa Cruz interiors are getting close, but there are still some outstanding VINs there. But there are also a few Tahoes there, so hopefully those Santa Cruz cars will be getting VINs soon.

For my very own Stellar White, we're seeing 100% of the Santa Cruz fully loaded with VINs. No Tahoe yet.

And for Grey, we have a good number of fully loaded Santa Cruz, but not all yet. And one fully loaded Tahoe.

Let's hope those VINs keep coming. If the pattern holds, everyone with a VIN right now has a great chance of EOY delivery, I think. Anyone getting a VIN next week still has a decent shot, too.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting at whatever stage you happen to be waiting right now. Yes, every step of this process is mostly waiting around hoping, which totally sucks, but everyone on this thread can relate. So take advantage of our communal understanding.

I feel like when all the waiting is over and we have our cars, we should have an intramural softball match, or something. Tourings vs Grand Tourings. I think we can take 'em.
My DA is going to keep checking and give me a call early next week if my VIN doesn't show up this weekend. He asked me to give it a few more days and I agreed. We're both still pretty dumbfounded tho.

Back