Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Delivery was smooth. From what I have been told this is the first Touring for the metro NYC area.

9E348A84-783C-462C-89C3-A005030C11EE.jpeg

Attachments

• C1E5304D-0C14-4327-9910-23F9FD48F39A.jpeg
    C1E5304D-0C14-4327-9910-23F9FD48F39A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
My VIN was assigned this morning! I'm in Austin, so I'll need to take delivery in Dallas or Houston to minimize transit time. DA has been amazing so far. He's quite knowledgeable and communication has been excellent.

I confirmed on Nov 1, but got the call to upgrade to DDPro. Change went in on the 7th.

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
20" wheels
DD Pro
Glass Canopy
SS Pro
Reservation: 3/31/22

Config: Silver, Glass, 19", Santa Cruz, DreamDrive Pro, Sound Pro
Confirmed: 12/1
VIN: 12/4
Original order date?

Finally received email from DA with VIN. Zenith Red and Santa Cruz configuration.
Where do you live? This is my build and I don't have a VIN# yet.

Spoke to my DA. He gave me contrary information....
Originally, he said my VIN is expected to be assigned in 2nd week of Dec. Today, he said "It was going to be assigned late dec to early Jan..". However, it can be assigned any day now...

My VIN was assigned this morning! I'm in Austin, so I'll need to take delivery in Dallas or Houston to minimize transit time. DA has been amazing so far. He's quite knowledgeable and communication has been excellent.

I confirmed on Nov 1, but got the call to upgrade to DDPro. Change went in on the 7th.

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
20" wheels
DD Pro
Glass Canopy
SS Pro
Congratulations from fellow Texan from Dallas. I suggest you take delivery in Houston since car comes to Houston "Service Center" first and then transported to Dallas "Studio". This could delay delivery by few days - per my conversation with DA.

Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
20" wheels
DD Pro
Glass Canopy
SS Pro
Who is your DA? My DA is not very responsive. I am assuming Texas deliveries are managed by same one or two DAs.

Well, I don't know where this falls on the spectrum of good, bad or 🤷‍♂️ but we'll see. I called my DA and wasn't able to reach him, as is always the case. So I called corporate and spoke with someone there who told me my vehicle was in production already so I would have to speak to my DA for further info as they are sales there. I told her that I haven't been able to reach my DA. She then transferred me to another DA to answer my inquiry. Unfortunately I only got voicemail. So we'll see if and when I get a call back. That said, the fact that she said my vehicle is "in production" is a good thing I would surmise. So I the real question is what does "in production" mean?
In production means your car is being built. As it nears completion and passes their internal inspections, it is assigned a VIN. The VIN is an actual plate that is riveted, welded (however) to various points in the vehicle (for ICE). I don't know how many locations apply to EVs, maybe to the motor(s)? Body and chassis for sure. When the VIN is assigned, it's usually very close to delivery, subject to pre-delivery inspection.

BTW, I got a text from my DA saying Lucid started production on my car, and an email with the VIN - both of them today! I know they can build Rome in a day but not a car, so I think some DAs contact customers when there is something significant and others more frequent just to maintain contact. I think that's where I see the different levels of frustration among the members here. I'd say be patient. I don't think Lucid would want to deliver a product that isn't satisfactory. Until the key fob is in my hands, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you with VINs and "in production" but no car yet.

In production means your car is being built. As it nears completion and passes their internal inspections, it is assigned a VIN. The VIN is an actual plate that is riveted, welded (however) to various points in the vehicle (for ICE). I don't know how many locations apply to EVs, maybe to the motor(s)? Body and chassis for sure. When the VIN is assigned, it's usually very close to delivery, subject to pre-delivery inspection.
Thanks, that is a great explanation and is really helpful to know. It makes me feel better about where I am in the process and that there's a decent chance of a delivery in the near future. Much appreciated!

Congratulations from fellow Texan from Dallas. I suggest you take delivery in Houston since car comes to Houston "Service Center" first and then transported to Dallas "Studio". This could delay delivery by few days - per my conversation with DA.

Who is your DA? My DA is not very responsive. I am assuming Texas deliveries are managed by same one or two DAs.
Thanks for the tip, we were also thinking about Houston. I'll DM you the DA

Ridiculous that can even happen. No matter how busy they are they shoot out quick emails out even if its to say ill get back to you in a day or two. Totally ignoring a customer is unacceptable in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more, especially when you are spending that much on a car! I can understand if it is a less luxurious car. It's such a shame. My SA has been very responsive but he is helpless now that my order is now handled by the DA. So pissed to say the least. the only thing that has kept me hanging on is this forum and all of the community member providing updates and excitement, otherwise, I would have pulled the plug.

I finalized my order Nov 18, so pretty sure only a miracle will make delivery happen before year end at this point, since most folks reporting VIN assignment finalized Nov 1 - 3. Fingers crossed indeed.

Back