• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I haven't figured out any rhyme / reason for their batches. Only thought is they were shorter on Tahoe components and were waiting for restock. Silver first because they finally got a bunch of paint? Surprising they waited on ZR/Tahoe given the popularity of the combo.

I have the same spec in California but I am trying not to hope so much for EOY so I don’t get disappointed and cancel.
I don’t see you on the tracker. What is your original order date?
Confirmed August 11th 2022

Well, I had enough waiting on my ZR/Tahoe (reserved 10/16/20) and after not hearing back within 48 hrs from my DA, I sent an email to the CEO, COO, my SA and my DA stating that if I don't have a car delivered by 12/31/22, that I would be canceling my order. Well, after about 15 minutes I got a call from my DA who was somewhat apologetic. He said I can pick any color car with Santa Cruz interior except Zenith Red and they will load it onto a truck this week for delivery after quality inspection at my local service center in Riviera Beach within 2 weeks. Apparently ZR delivery this year is questionable.

Black/Santa Cruz here I come!!! The $7500 is more important than colors to me. My second touring ZR/tahoe with metal roof will be the one I keep. Who knows when that will show up.
Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the Black Touring once you get your ZR one?

Well, I had enough waiting on my ZR/Tahoe (reserved 10/16/20) and after not hearing back within 48 hrs from my DA, I sent an email to the CEO, COO, my SA and my DA stating that if I don't have a car delivered by 12/31/22, that I would be canceling my order. Well, after about 15 minutes I got a call from my DA who was somewhat apologetic. He said I can pick any color car with Santa Cruz interior except Zenith Red and they will load it onto a truck this week for delivery after quality inspection at my local service center in Riviera Beach within 2 weeks. Apparently ZR delivery this year is questionable.

Black/Santa Cruz here I come!!! The $7500 is more important than colors to me. My second touring ZR/tahoe with metal roof will be the one I keep. Who knows when that will show up.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the Black Touring once you get your ZR one?
It will be up for sale, possibly to a close friend. Unless I really bond with the car. But my last 2 cars have a glass roof and in South FL I'm going back to metal.

It will be up for sale, possibly to a close friend. Unless I really bond with the car. But my last 2 cars have a glass roof and in South FL I'm going back to metal.
So you basically threw a temper tantrum just to get a car you don’t intend to keep? Cool.

It's all about the tax credit. The point was I don't care about the color and I don't want to lose money on the car. My second car is the one I want and specced it how we want it. Unless I really like the first one, of course.
Sending the email is hardly a tantrum. It just gave them some motivation.

My question to all of you with ZR reservations is whether Zenith Red is worthy of a $7500 premium if you knew it wouldn't be in your hands in 2022?

It's all about the tax credit. The point was I don't care about the color and I don't want to lose money on the car. My second car is the one I want and specced it how we want it. Unless I really like the first one, of course.
Sending the email is hardly a tantrum. It just gave them some motivation.

My question to all of you with ZR reservations is whether Zenith Red is worthy of a $7500 premium if you knew it wouldn't be in your hands in 2022?
I’ll be upset and disappointed if I miss out on the tax credit, but if I’m spending 6 figures on a car it’s going to be exactly how I want it. For me, it’s not an investment, it’ll be my daily driver and I want to love every aspect of it. I can only afford one so I’m making it count.

My DA called today to advise that I should be getting my VIN in the next few days with delivery before EOY. I ordered a fully loaded Touring, Zenith Red with Santa Cruz interior. My concern is that I'm taking possession of the AT in Chicago during the wintertime. I have ordered it with 20' inch tires and need to get all season or winter tires if I'm going to be able to drive it home.
I'm also in Chicago, and ordered with 20's. Anticipating January delivery, as I'm getting the amateur DD. I'm planning on getting a set of highly-rated Vredestein 19" snow tires from Tire Rack. Lucid will sell a set of 19" wheels and install.

I'm also in Chicago, and ordered with 20's. Anticipating January delivery, as I'm getting the amateur DD. I'm planning on getting a set of highly-rated Vredestein 19" snow tires from Tire Rack. Lucid will sell a set of 19" wheels and install.
Any idea on the price of the 19's?

Still radio silence from my DA about VIN. I emailed him for an update on Monday and have tried to check in with him about every 2 weeks just to stay in contact. Like many others on the forum, the loan/lease button showed up Monday night into Tuesday. It's only been 48 hours, but it feels like it's been weeks!

I am not sure if there will be any EOY deliveries with Tahoe interior based on the VINs and deliveries so far.

My DA is totally incommunicado. Won't return emails or calls, and didn't show up scheduled calls. Totally frustrated.

My DA is totally incommunicado. Won't return emails or calls, and didn't show up scheduled calls. Totally frustrated.
Ridiculous that can even happen. No matter how busy they are they shoot out quick emails out even if its to say ill get back to you in a day or two. Totally ignoring a customer is unacceptable in my opinion.

Ridiculous that can even happen. No matter how busy they are they shoot out quick emails out even if its to say ill get back to you in a day or two. Totally ignoring a customer is unacceptable in my opinion.
My DA did not respond either. I am assuming "no news" is why 😞😢

Back