• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I changed my configuration a few days ago from black/Santa Cruz to ZR/Tahoe. Still ssp and DD amateur.

Reactions: Joe
My DA did not respond either. I am assuming "no news" is why 😞😢
Even still, they can just tell you, "There is no update at the moment". We are all spending a ton of money on a car and the idea that this company will succeed. They are going to need us to help them succeed. Really the ABC's of customer service.

Even still, they can just tell you, "There is no update at the moment". We are all spending a ton of money on a car and the idea that this company will succeed. They are going to need us to help them succeed. Really the ABC's of customer service.
I agree, and mostly my DA has been very good. But there definitely seem to be some DAs that are better than others, to put it nicely.

As with so many things, Lucid just needs more resources here. There are far too few DAs to handle this many customers at once. And I have no idea what kind of training they have, but given the variance in experiences we've seen from customers on the forum, there could be some improvement in training as well.

Seems like if they are using a CRM of some sort to keep track of customer interactions, it isn't being used to its full potential.

I get that they are particularly busy right now, but as the US Mail Service puts it, you staff your organization as if every day were Mother's day.

I don’t understand why they don’t include information on the lucidmotors.com dashboard about where our cars are in production. Right above the “view order” button. Would save the overworked DAs a good deal of time I’d think.

I don’t understand why they don’t include information on the lucidmotors.com dashboard about where our cars are in production. Right above the “view order” button. Would save the overworked DAs a good deal of time I’d think.
This assumes they are overworked. I can’t imagine how they fill their day but I have no insight into what they actually do.

But I agree. Use a computer, save costs.

VIN assigned today. Zenith Red with Santa Cruz interior and 20s. Delivery the week of 12/19 on the west coast. Ordered Feb. 2020. It’s been a long wait. Was in on the Lucid IPO and hoped it would pay for the car. Way wrong. Selling the stock for year end tax losses. Will buy back next year. I am a believer in the company’s tech.

VIN assigned today. Zenith Red with Santa Cruz interior and 20s. Delivery the week of 12/19 on the west coast. Ordered Feb. 2020. It’s been a long wait. Was in on the Lucid IPO and hoped it would pay for the car. Way wrong. Selling the stock for year end tax losses. Will buy back next year. I am a believer in the company’s tech.
Smart move. Reduce your tax burden this year and buy back next year.

My lips are sealed. It's a test to see how reliable my "source" is.
Looks like my source is good. I just received both a text and email from my delivery advisor:

I am happy to inform you that your Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXX has been assigned to your Lucid Air!

This is an important milestone in the production of your vehicle. You can use this VIN to get quotes on car insurance, but please confirm before finalizing either of these items so we can best time them with your delivery. Soon, you will receive your final documents. Which you will be able to log into your Lucid Portal and pay via ACH.

Zenith Red, Tahoe, 20" wheels, the works.

Looks like my source is good. I just received both a text and email from my delivery advisor:

I am happy to inform you that your Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXX has been assigned to your Lucid Air!

This is an important milestone in the production of your vehicle. You can use this VIN to get quotes on car insurance, but please confirm before finalizing either of these items so we can best time them with your delivery. Soon, you will receive your final documents. Which you will be able to log into your Lucid Portal and pay via ACH.

Zenith Red, Tahoe, 20" wheels, the works.
Exciting times. I have the same configuration as your with the exception of the wheels.
My DA today said my car is expected to go in production next week. And wasn't expecting any Z-Red or Tahoe before next week.
She told me they are working on Santa Cruz interiors with different exterior color except red. Tahoe with Red is going to be later.
She also told me that 8 of her orders got VINs today.

Exciting times. I have the same configuration as your with the exception of the wheels.
My DA today said my car is expected to go in production next week. And wasn't expecting any Z-Red or Tahoe before next week.
She told me they are working on Santa Cruz interiors with different exterior color except red. Tahoe with Red is going to be later.
She also told me that 8 of her orders got VINs today.
Fingers crossed that my ZR Tahoe arrives before 12/31.

In seeming contrast to what others are being told, my DA just told me that there is no configuration/color scheme that I could change to in order to guarantee delivery this year. Once again, lots of variability between what different DA's are telling us. Maybe I should threaten to cancel the way others have 🤷‍♂️

I think in practice this would lead to more customer support overhead, not less. We'd all be feverishly checking every day, and meanwhile 90% of the time, the dashboard would show no movement whatsoever.

Then we'd all be calling our DAs. Why has my car been waiting for PDI for over two weeks?

Then we'd all be calling our DAs. Why has my car been waiting for PDI for over two weeks?
We on this forum might, even if there was a disclaimer saying something like "your DA doesn't have any more information than this". I wonder about the other 95% of Lucid buyers?

Well, I don't know where this falls on the spectrum of good, bad or 🤷‍♂️ but we'll see. I called my DA and wasn't able to reach him, as is always the case. So I called corporate and spoke with someone there who told me my vehicle was in production already so I would have to speak to my DA for further info as they are sales there. I told her that I haven't been able to reach my DA. She then transferred me to another DA to answer my inquiry. Unfortunately I only got voicemail. So we'll see if and when I get a call back. That said, the fact that she said my vehicle is "in production" is a good thing I would surmise. So I the real question is what does "in production" mean?

Well, I don't know where this falls on the spectrum of good, bad or 🤷‍♂️ but we'll see. I called my DA and wasn't able to reach him, as is always the case. So I called corporate and spoke with someone there who told me my vehicle was in production already so I would have to speak to my DA for further info as they are sales there. I told her that I haven't been able to reach my DA. She then transferred me to another DA to answer my inquiry. Unfortunately I only got voicemail. So we'll see if and when I get a call back. That said, the fact that she said my vehicle is "in production" is a good thing I would surmise. So I the real question is what does "in production" mean?
I don't know. My car was "finished" production and "waiting on PDI" as of a few weeks ago. But who knows how long "production" actually takes. I imagine if they are spitting out 50 cars per day, the "production" part can't be very long.

I don't know. My car was "finished" production and "waiting on PDI" as of a few weeks ago. But who knows how long "production" actually takes. I imagine if they are spitting out 50 cars per day, the "production" part can't be very long.
Given that throughput, ~50 cars a day, I am going to take it as a positive. Hopefully I will hear something from one of the DAs, if nothing beyond we are off schedule or it'll be next year or whatever. The groping about in the dark is the frustration.

Back