Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

So we saw the blue and it was really beautiful. Although the door trim did need alignment, it wasn't quite as bad as it looked in the picture. I had thought about changing my color to blue, that is until we saw the silver in the showroom. Absolutely gorgeous. So I'll stand pat on my order, but there are certainly no bad choices.

I did get a chance to play with the audio and the sound was certainly very clear and precise, but I can see why some mention somewhat of a lacking in the low end. I was listening to SXM and not Tidal, so I'm sure there would be an improvement there. To be honest, they had no idea if the unit was SS or SSP since they didn't know where the Monroney label was.

Reactions: Plg
All vehicles delivered so far have the Surreal Sound Pro. They aren’t making them without it.

One thing that surprised me during my visit yesterday were the cup holders. They did accommodate a large 7-11 Big Gulp. True some force had to be applied to get it in, but it did hold it.

What I noticed was that the issue, at least in the case of the cup I tried, was not so much the size of the holder, but rather the rubber grippy things. I believe I had the same issue on my I-Pace. I eventually found an adapter that pressed those rubber grips in as far as they could go. That allowed typical cups to then sit in the adapter without the obstruction of the rubber grips.

Of course I’ve since thrown those out and now need to find out which ones they were on Amazon.

One thing that surprised me during my visit yesterday were the cup holders. They did accommodate a large 7-11 Big Gulp. True some force had to be applied to get it in, but it did hold it.

What I noticed was that the issue, at least in the case of the cup I tried, was not so much the size of the holder, but rather the rubber grippy things. I believe I had the same issue on my I-Pace. I eventually found an adapter that pressed those rubber grips in as far as they could go. That allowed typical cups to then sit in the adapter without the obstruction of the rubber grips.

Of course I’ve since thrown those out and now need to find out which ones they were on Amazon.
This works for me
Convenian Cup Holder Expander for Car, All Purpose Car Cup Holder Expander with Extra Holder for Water Bottle Holder, Coffee Cup Mug Holder, or Bucket Snack - Fit Most Cars(2in1) https://a.co/d/b1sekWy

Please post the link her for us. What I'm noticing is that the "grippy things" are scratching the sides of my tumbler that came with the car.

Please post the link her for us. What I'm noticing is that the "grippy things" are scratching the sides of my tumbler that came with the car.
It may have been this, but I can't say for sure it would fit the Lucid. The main intent is to push those rubber pads in as far as they can go and keep them there. It's certainly cheap enough if you want to give it a shot:

Great post by a Maverick owner who just received his truck after much waiting. So Bobby here is a challenge for a video about receiving one’s Air!

Great post by a Maverick owner who just received his truck after much waiting. So Bobby here is a challenge for a video about receiving one’s Air!
Just got my VIN assignment ...anyone have any relevant estimation on when I can expect delivery, trying to plan the payment.

After receiving VIN, DA informed me it would be "2 - 3 weeks" for delivery. That was two weeks ago.

Got a call last week telling me that i'll need to make payment this week.

Hi Joe,
I upgraded my Pure order to Touring at March 18th and picking up the car at 31st.

Here are the specs to update the list:

Quantum Gray
Tahoe
No Stealth
Glass roof
20" Wheels
No SSP
Dreamdrive

Hi Joe,
I upgraded my Pure order to Touring at March 18th and picking up the car at 31st.

Here are the specs to update the list:

Quantum Gray
Tahoe
No Stealth
Glass roof
20" Wheels
No SSP
Dreamdrive
😠

Anyone know whats going on with all of the metal roof cars, the factory video shots make it look like they are all in limbo, not in the finished lot but also not in the factory.....

Waiting for a part, most likely. It only takes one to hold up finishing a car.

My understanding from the meet-up Saturday was that it is indeed one small part of trim that is holding everything up

Anyone know whats going on with all of the metal roof cars, the factory video shots make it look like they are all in limbo, not in the finished lot but also not in the factory.....

Not sure if there is way to tell if those are metal roof Tourings vs. Pures? Lot of Tourings delivered to owners recently based on FB posts, but yet to see any Pure deliveries after Dec 31st.

Not sure if there is way to tell if those are metal roof Tourings vs. Pures? Lot of Tourings delivered to owners recently based on FB posts, but yet to see any Pure deliveries after Dec 31st.
Pures are definitely set to start delivering again very soon, from what I was told at a company event a short while ago. But you are correct that many of those cars could indeed be metal-roof Tourings as well. Those are also set to begin deliveries. So maybe a mix?

The only way to tell for sure a car is a Pure from that distance at this point is if it's Fathom Blue. That color is still only available in Pure.

I also just upgraded my order from Pure to Touring yesterday and received my VIN. Not sure of pickup date yet, but told it will be before end of April as I am receiving the $7500 credit.
Specs:
Air Touring
Stellar White
Santa Cruz Interior
20" Aero Lite wheels
Glass Canopy roof
SSP
Dream Drive

I felt like it was too good a deal to pass up on the upgrade, as I had ordered dual motor Pure. With the $7500 credit, the Touring is only $9K more than the Pure I ordered.

I finalized design (Production order) for my Pure in early March. I noticed on my production status page that a DA has been assigned.

I'm a bit surprised that my DA has not reached out via call or email. Is this typical?

Last edited:
Back