Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I finalized design (Production order) for my Pure in early March. I noticed on my production status page that a DA has been assigned.

I've not heard from my DA. I'm a bit surprised that my DA has not reached out via call or email. Is this typical?
In some cases this is typical. I had to start the conversation first before I got a response from my DA.

Out of Spec Dave posted a video of his impressions of the Pure, in case if you are interested.

This is funny cuz I’m picking up a blue Pure at Westchester, although still waiting for DA to tell me when it’ll be ready.

Good to see more Pures being delivered! I'm excited for everyone to get theirs!

3 months on my Pure 2.2k miles averaging 3.4mi/kwh. Not hypermiling at all though I've been curious if sprint mode is more efficient at freeway speeds. I also need to figure out how to automatically start the car in sprint mode.

3 months on my Pure 2.2k miles averaging 3.4mi/kwh. Not hypermiling at all though I've been curious if sprint mode is more efficient at freeway speeds. I also need to figure out how to automatically start the car in sprint mode.
Interesting idea. It does seem likely that Sprint mode on cruise control might well be more efficient on a low traffic highway. Sprint mode reduces regen and if you are in low regen already that should result in less power lost through unintended regen. Regen is great when you mean to slow down but is far less than 100% efficient and just wastes Watts if it is frequently coming on trying to maintain an exact set speed.
Today there is no way to start in any mode besides Smooth in any Air. If we keep asking maybe they will change that.

The car defaults to smooth which is the setting used during EPA testing (my understanding) so I don't think they can provide it as an option (could be wrong).

Last week, DA said that car would be delivered this week. Yesterday, he said, with apologies, that car will be delivered next week.

To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart, “it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of a car delivery don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”.

Last week, DA said that car would be delivered this week. Yesterday, he said, with apologies, that car will be delivered next week.

To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart, “it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of a car delivery don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”.
My delivery got moved at the last minute, too. It’s a bummer. But you know what? I barely remember that now.

I just got a call from the Scottsdale Studio that they now have a Touring available for test drives. I will take a test drive on Friday to compare the Touring with my GT.
Did you write about the touring test drive ?

What color is it? I am traveling to Scottsdale next week. It would be nice to see a Pure in person.

Finally jumped ship on the last day for credit.
Upgraded to Air Touring on 3/31 -
- Infinite Black with Tahoe Interiors
- Glass Canopy
- DD + SS (No "pro")
- 19 inch wheels

How long is it taking for folks to receive delivery? I'm at two weeks after payment in full and still don't have a delivery date?

How long is it taking for folks to receive delivery? I'm at two weeks after payment in full and still don't have a delivery date?
I'm in the same situation. It's very frustrating to be given a time frame, raise our expectations only to become disappointed when nothing happens.

1680657712664.gif

Is that required? I've always paid by check when I picked up the car.

Finally jumped ship on the last day for credit.
Upgraded to Air Touring on 3/31 -
- Infinite Black with Tahoe Interiors
- Glass Canopy
- DD + SS (No "pro")
- 19 inch wheels
You will love it! Nice pick.

Is that required? I've always paid by check when I picked up the car.
It took about 3 weeks plus after payment before my car was ready (quality check and then finding transportation to my area). You can pay by certified check if you're in an area that doesn't allow direct sales like Massachusetts by sending it to the LUCID financial accounts address at thrower left of your Purchase order. Ask you DA for a FedEx label to overnight it.

Back