Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I hope that’s not true, because that would be a huge waste of inventory and operational resources…
As a engineer in car manufacturing industry, I can say that they could just use it to drive around the plant or give lease to employees. However, I'm more certain that they may just scrap it and crush it. Car manufacturing OEMs do not care of scraping some cars at all.

I hope that’s not true, because that would be a huge waste of inventory and operational resources…
Unfortunately a part of business. I cringe each time I see an expensive car subjected to a crash test. One car for a front crash test, one for side impact, one for rear, ....

Some teasers. Will be uploading them on a separate post soon.

DSC01802.JPG

DSC01847.JPG

DSC01860.JPG

Nice. It’s probably the lighting, but the front and rear look the same color. Are the shades of black & gray too subtle to be captured on your camera?

Nice. It’s probably the lighting, but the front and rear look the same color. Are the shades of black & gray too subtle to be captured on your camera?
It's the lighting. Back seat getting a bit more shadow in that picture. Sorry there's no good daylight and had to rely on garage light and desk lamp on my other hand haha. Here's the back seat.

Back seat looks very light on this image. But with just natural light the difference between front and back seats are not as pronounced.

DSC01828.JPG

There are two things that irk me about buying a Pure…I can’t believe they only have one lighting option for interior colors and the soft close doors…I understand they want to push people into the Touring but at the end of the day, we are still spending $100k on a car and I haven’t had a car that DOESNT have soft closed doors since 2009…

There are two things that irk me about buying a Pure…I can’t believe they only have one lighting option for interior colors and the soft close doors…I understand they want to push people into the Touring but at the end of the day, we are still spending $100k on a car and I haven’t had a car that DOESNT have soft closed doors since 2009…
I’ve never owned a car that does have soft close doors until this one. 🤷‍♂️

Would you care to describe the purluxe in more detail? Smoothness, butteriness, etc? Shame the seatbacks are plastic, but cant complain(tesla wink)
I'm considering removing the seat backs and taking them to an upholstery shop to add a textile fabric to the tops, similar to the higher end vehicles. Not sure if it's possible, but something to consider.

Just finished taking interior pics. I'm too comfortable inside and don't wanna leave lol. Music is nice too. I lost 2 miles being inside for an hour. I can stay here for another 170 hrs haha
Sooo happy for you. And can’t wait to see the pics.

Noobzilla, great photos, thanks much for sharing.

One question: how is the interior accent lighting? Same as the Touring? I read somewhere (unconfirmed) that the ceiling light strip to the rear view mirror is missing in the Pure. Thanks.

Noobzilla, great photos, thanks much for sharing.

One question: how is the interior accent lighting? Same as the Touring? I read somewhere (unconfirmed) that the ceiling light strip to the rear view mirror is missing in the Pure. Thanks.
Interior accent lighting can be adjusted as usual. Ceiling light strip is indeed missing.

Photos are uploaded!

Post here

Any requests for pictures or questions, please post there.
Now we know why Lucid got you your car so quickly. You could be a PR photographer.

Congrats again. Beautiful.

As long as they are better than the Model Y. I hate the way those doors close.

It's the lighting. Back seat getting a bit more shadow in that picture. Sorry there's no good daylight and had to rely on garage light and desk lamp on my other hand haha. Here's the back seat.

Back seat looks very light on this image. But with just natural light the difference between front and back seats are not as pronounced.

View attachment 8154
What color really are the seatbelts? Assuming a grey.

Back