Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I don't think it's worth the 10k, especially when its not fully ready, and the stuff that is ready is nice, but I don't need it
The DD Pro is $10K. The DD Premium is $2K. But, if you don't need it, then even $2K is too much.

The DD Pro is $10K. The DD Premium is $2K. But, if you don't need it, then even $2K is too much.
I just noticed DD Premium, when did they add that? Also, what's the difference? Ig it too late for me to add it now unless its a paywall like Tesla? It also says Q3 so I'm not trying to delay my car anymore either, it's already been 2 years.

I just noticed DD Premium, when did they add that? Also, what's the difference? Ig it too late for me to add it now unless its a paywall like Tesla? It also says Q3 so I'm not trying to delay my car anymore either, it's already been 2 years.
I first saw it around the time I posted about it on this thread, June 6. Per the "i" button:

Lucid’s advanced driver-assistance system, DreamDrive™ Premium, builds upon DreamDrive by adding 3D Surround View Monitoring and Blind Spot Display for effortless parking and passing.

agree, 10k might be a bit too much at this stage
I found I never really use the cameras when turning, just the blind spot warning lights in the mirrors. I will miss the 360 degree camera though. But I had a better use for $9000 (legacy cost) and since this was my second Lucid, I already knew I really didn't need it, or the Dolby atmos. It's hard to justify spending such large fees for future upgrades that may go into effect for the next owner of my car.

I found I never really use the cameras when turning, just the blind spot warning lights in the mirrors. I will miss the 360 degree camera though. But I had a better use for $9000 (legacy cost) and since this was my second Lucid, I already knew I really didn't need it, or the Dolby atmos. It's hard to justify spending such large fees for future upgrades that may go into effect for the next owner of my car.
As others have pointed out already here above, the 360 camera is now only $2k.

Understand your point about DDP but if anyone remotely appreciates music, SSP is a must have!

I celebrated 4 months of ownership 2 days ago and SSP still blows my mind! Dolby Atmos is in my car! I tell anyone who will listen. 😂😂

I've turned my staff onto it. If we have to work in the Philly area, I drive and hand them my phone to access the Atmos tracks easier on Tidal.

Greetings, All.

My Lucid Air Pure was delivered to Lucid Service in Natick, Massachusetts today. From my initial inspection of fit and finish, even before car is prepped and detailed inside and out, I was very impressed with quality of paint and Purelux interior. The rear trunk lid was a little out of alignment which I was assured that it will be adjusted accordingly.

Shoutout to everyone at the Center who allowed me to take a peek at the car as it was only delivered about an hour before I arrived. After I wired payment, I am supposed to receive documentation for registering the car after which, I plan to have full front and high impact areas covered with XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS PPF and ceramic sealant coating applied to the entire car. Steve Oldford, Service Manager, at Lucid Service Center highly recommended AVI, Incorporated in Newton. I wholeheartedly concur without a doubt.

I initially reserved my Lucid Air Pure AWD in May 2021. It was well worth the wait. Anyone contemplating the purchase or still waiting for delivery of a Lucid Air, in my estimation, you simply can’t go wrong.

Cheers!

Greetings, All.

My Lucid Air Pure was delivered to Lucid Service in Natick, Massachusetts today. From my initial inspection of fit and finish, even before car is prepped and detailed inside and out, I was very impressed with quality of paint and Purelux interior. The rear trunk lid was a little out of alignment which I was assured that it will be adjusted accordingly.

Shoutout to everyone at the Center who allowed me to take a peek at the car as it was only delivered about an hour before I arrived. After I wired payment, I am supposed to receive documentation for registering the car after which, I plan to have full front and high impact areas covered with XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS PPF and ceramic sealant coating applied to the entire car. Steve Oldford, Service Manager, at Lucid Service Center highly recommended AVI, Incorporated in Newton. I wholeheartedly concur without a doubt.

I initially reserved my Lucid Air Pure AWD in May 2021. It was well worth the wait. Anyone contemplating the purchase or still waiting for delivery of a Lucid Air, in my estimation, you simply can’t go wrong.

Cheers!
I did XPEL Ultimate fusion PPF, it has ceramic coating o the film. No need to apply ceramic coating. Looks fabulous!

I did XPEL Ultimate fusion PPF, it has ceramic coating o the film. No need to apply ceramic coating. Looks fabulous!
This is something that has been discussed many times, including by @TotalDetailingPA. The built in 'ceramic coating' in PPF is nowhere near as good as the real thing. It also doesn't last nearly as long as a real ceramic coating, so many installers, mine included, still recommend ceramic on top of the PPF if you want the best result.

I concur with Neuri. After thoroughly doing my own research on the properties of both PPF and ceramic coating, I had a very frank and insightful conversation with the operations director for applying same to my newly purchased Lucid Air Pure. This person never attempted to ‘sell” me when he knew that I knew what we were actually talking about.

In this brief but important exchange of information knowledge shared, I knew we spoke the same language about the respect and integrity we both had for ”doing things right”.

Congratulations to all who share their experience in this forum for the benefit of others like me who have learned a lot before and after I purchased this phenomenal car.

This is something that has been discussed many times, including by @TotalDetailingPA. The built in 'ceramic coating' in PPF is nowhere near as good as the real thing. It also doesn't last nearly as long as a real ceramic coating, so many installers, mine included, still recommend ceramic on top of the PPF if you want the best result.
Built in ceramic coating already applied by the manufacturer on the PPF isn't giving you this result. It's just not happening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_092615_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_092615_Messages.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
Base on my experience of prepping the paint for a ceramic coating, (decontaminating with an iron remover, Nanoskin/clay, medium then fine polish), it's those steps that give you the gloss and reflectivity. The ceramic coat to me is a hydrophobic barrier.

Penultimate update: Delivery was revised as there was a truck Houston bound with room and is now tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday. I'll give a final update if it does happen as they say.
Final update. Took delivery this afternoon. Saved about 6-8 weeks going with an in stock model vs waiting for mine to get built. I'd say if you're a bit impatient like I was, might be worth giving your DA a ring.

I took delivery of my Lucid Air Pure yesterday, I spent about 2 hours with Delivery Advisor, Alex Rosata, who took time with tact and purposeful intention to thoroughly familiarize me with every aspect of the Pure’s operation, unique features, and how to get the most out of the Lucid driving experience!

I could not have asked for a better personal introduction or a more complete orientation to the car. Thank you, Alex.

Back