Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I got a call last Thursday saying my pure will be in production in a few weeks. How long was that for the rest of you guys? and how long does it take for delivery after production?

The timeline for my Pure is on my signature line below.

The "Derek Jenkins" Pure configuration is a fully spec'd Fathom Blue Pure w/Alcantara liner, 20's, AWD, DDP, and SSP..

I dont think wheels were part of the jenkins spec. And they do perform better on the snow, but thats mainly the compound, not the rim size.
I do think I recall him stating the 20's are part of his spec.

@inthewoods @Plg

Congratulations, What are your first impressions after a week of having your Pure now?
Beyond happy! Fun to drive, solid as a rock, super quiet, great sound system, excellent build quality and zero complaints regarding delivery. What’s not to love?

Last edited:
@inthewoods @Plg

Congratulations, What are your first impressions after a week of having your Pure now?
Picked up the Pure last Saturday, drove it home in the dark in a 3-hour heavy rain and howling wind from Natick. Surprisingly, whenever the ferocity of the wind rose and fell, my left ear could hear and feel wind entering the cabin, coming from the top of the window where it meets the A pillar. The next day, neighbor drove car with me riding shotgun, and within ten minutes, he commented on wind noise at speed about +30 MPH. Informed Lucid and the plan is tech will come to house to investigate.

The car is very nice and maybe one day I'll enter/exit it without hitting my head. Part or the learning curve I suppose.

Q: Since there's no cigarette lighter to plug a radar detector into (that should solidify my Old World street cred) I rely on Waze, but I also like Apple Maps. Is it possible to use both simultaneously, one on the pilot panel, the other on the right side of the, (what's it called?) dashboard?

Haven't been able to muster enough courage to invoke ludicrous speed yet. Maybe one day...

Attachments

• prepare Air for ludicrous speed.png
    prepare Air for ludicrous speed.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
Picked up the Pure last Saturday, drove it home in the dark in a 3-hour heavy rain and howling wind from Natick. Surprisingly, whenever the ferocity of the wind rose and fell, my left ear could hear and feel wind entering the cabin, coming from the top of the window where it meets the A pillar. The next day, neighbor drove car with me riding shotgun, and within ten minutes, he commented on wind noise at speed about +30 MPH. Informed Lucid and the plan is tech will come to house to investigate.

The car is very nice and maybe one day I'll enter/exit it without hitting my head. Part or the learning curve I suppose.

Q: Since there's no cigarette lighter to plug a radar detector into (that should solidify my Old World street cred) I rely on Waze, but I also like Apple Maps. Is it possible to use both simultaneously, one on the pilot panel, the other on the right side of the, (what's it called?) dashboard?

Haven't been able to muster enough courage to invoke ludicrous speed yet. Maybe one day...
Maybe you can ask the "out of spec" people how they powered their radar detectors during their cannonball attempt.

See here

I will say that I've cleaned up the wire (compared to the pic a few posts below), now snaking it behind the Pilot Panel to get it out of the way.

I cancelled my Pure order and got a MB EQE.
260 mile range?? With spirited driving, you would be hard pressed to get 200 mile range with spirited driving. Also no frunk, less space, doesn't look as striking, rides soft. But hey, if it tickles your boat, why not!

260 mile range?? With spirited driving, you would be hard pressed to get 200 mile range with spirited driving. Also no frunk, less space, doesn't look as striking, rides soft. But hey, if it tickles your boat, why not!
Boat not being the right word, looks more like a overturned beluga whale.

I just got an electrified Genesis G80 as a loaner. It is about the same size as the Lucid Air. That is probably all that is similar. Its handling isn't even close to the Lucid. The info screen touch panel is so far away that I have to lunge to reach it.

Don't get me wrong. On an objective basis, the G80 is a good car. it just isn't close to being a Lucid.

I just got an electrified Genesis G80 as a loaner. It is about the same size as the Lucid Air. That is probably all that is similar. Its handling isn't even close to the Lucid. The info screen touch panel is so far away that I have to lunge to reach it.

Don't get me wrong. On an objective basis, the G80 is a good car. it just isn't close to being a Lucid.
Yes, the G80’s handling is not up to that of the Lucid any more than Mercedes EVs are, but that was never the electrified G80’s mission. What it does do is offer more in terms of luxury features and a plusher ride and interior. Different strokes.

I rarely use the touchscreen but rather the I-Drive type jog wheel. It works very well as it does in the BMWs, and no fingerprints. So between that and the numerous steering mounted controls, it makes the reach largely irrelevant for me. I probably sit closer than you, so in the rare instances I reach for the screen it’s not exactly a lunging affair. I tended to use the touchscreen at the onset to dial in all the settings as I like it. With that said, moving the screen closer would have been the better design to please all.

Last edited:
Back