Ordered 2023 Stealth GT yesterday

nevadagame

Cars
Taycan Turbo, BMW iX, C8
I’m a car junkie. I have several great cars and after test driving yesterday, I ordered but here are my concerns. Both my electrics, The Taycan Turbo and the iX have adaptive regen modes, coasting freely until it needs to brake, then they aggressively regen. This is how I like to drive. Some have said always on regen is more efficient, I don’t believe that’s true. I wish the Agt had the adaptive regen setting. It’s so much more relaxing. I won’t get my order until after 2023 because the stealth package and 20” wheels won’t be available until Jan 2023. I’m hoping by then Apple car play and Sirius Xm are available by then.

I’m a car junkie. I have several great cars and after test driving yesterday, I ordered but here are my concerns. Both my electrics, The Taycan Turbo and the iX have adaptive regen modes, coasting freely until it needs to brake, then they aggressively regen. This is how I like to drive. Some have said always on regen is more efficient, I don’t believe that’s true. I wish the Agt had the adaptive regen setting. It’s so much more relaxing. I won’t get my order until after 2023 because the stealth package and 20” wheels won’t be available until Jan 2023. I’m hoping by then Apple car play and Sirius Xm are available by then.
Grats, but I doubt Sirius XM will be available considering they have never said they are putting it in.

All season or summer tires?
Thanks everyone, I’m glad to be here, They come with summer but I live in Colorado so come fall I’ll be changing them to an all season.

Thanks everyone, I’m glad to be here, They come with summer but I live in Colorado so come fall I’ll be changing them to an all season.
Someone make me feel better about one peddle driving, leaving the more or less efficient aspect out, I like free wheel coasting, does anyone have both systems to compare or will I really get used to it and actually like it?

Someone make me feel better about one peddle driving, leaving the more or less efficient aspect out, I like free wheel coasting, does anyone have both systems to compare or will I really get used to it and actually like it?
I’m not familiar with adaptive regen, but the AGT is my first electric car and I was also a little nervous about regen prior to receiving it. It has normal and heavy regen and it didn’t take me long to prefer using heavy regen. There is quite a bit of free roll with normal regen, so I can’t imagine that you will have a problem with it.

You are already use to controlling acceleration with the electron pedal, regen just allows you to control deceleration with the same pedal. It is actually very natural and no more difficult than controlling acceleration.

You are already use to controlling acceleration with the electron pedal, regen just allows you to control deceleration with the same pedal. It is actually very natural and no more difficult than controlling acceleration.
Thanks for the reassurance, I’m sure I’ll like it after a short learning curve.

I love regen, more than I had imagined!! It becomes naturally after just a few uses. The only time I have used the brake in any serious capacity was to avoid a large elk herd , at night, that I almost ran into. High regen is much better , but in winter it could be a bit tricky, so I may use standard on icy / snowy days. When you are going to come to a stop and have a bunch of room just let up in the peddle very gently and you are good to go.

I love regen, more than I had imagined!! It becomes naturally after just a few uses. The only time I have used the brake in any serious capacity was to avoid a large elk herd , at night, that I almost ran into. High regen is much better , but in winter it could be a bit tricky, so I may use standard on icy / snowy days. When you are going to come to a stop and have a bunch of room just let up in the peddle very gently and you are good to go.
Some day I want to live in a place where I need to slam on my breaks to avoid a large elk herd!

Thanks for the reassurance, I’m sure I’ll like it after a short learning curve.
Yeah I haven’t had another EV but love the Lucid strong regen, and I’d mastered it within a day, and now I hardly ever use the brakes, and like the amount of very smooth control it gives for stopping, far more graceful than most ICE car brakes once you get the hang of it. Just don’t let off the pedal suddenly otherwise a passenger may lose their lunch!

Some day I want to live in a place where I need to slam on my breaks to avoid a large elk herd!
I has it’s downsides, like stupid long car unfriendly winters. 😉 At least here anyway.

I has it’s downsides, like stupid long car unfriendly winters. 😉
Let me rephrase. I want to live in a place (during summers) where I have to slam on the brakes to avoid a herd of Elk. I’ll go back to Cali in the winters. 😂

Let me rephrase. I want to live in a place (during summers) where I have to slam on the brakes to avoid a herd of Elk. I’ll go back to Cali in the winters. 😂
Now that sounds like the perfect combo!!!

Car Junkie here as well. If you select the mild regen available on the Taycan you get a good idea how your Lucid will behave with the light regen setting. I had zero issues going from the Taycan to the Lucid DEP.

Or bisons…

Or bisons…
Yes, we have those too and I love watching people get really close to them and try to cuddle. There is nothing like a good tourist shish kabob to brighten one’s day.

Car Junkie here as well. If you select the mild regen available on the Taycan you get a good idea how your Lucid will behave with the light regen setting. I had zero issues going from the Taycan to the Lucid DEP.
I’ve been doing that, I drove my IX around for the last few days in medium regen and it’s fine and I’m getting used to it and I’m sure I won’t have any trouble with the lucid, I just like the idea of being able to coast when there’s no one in front of you. I’m sure I’ll have no issues getting used to it and I probably won’t miss adaptive ( smart) regen. As you know on the Taycan you could set the regen to coast freely and only come on when it senses something in front of it going slower than it is. Also, on the Taycan, you varied the amount of region by light pressure on the brake pedal, no calipers were used for 90% of your stops in that you adjusted the region amount second to 2nd while you drove by varying pressure on the brake pedal, I got pretty used to that and I liked it. I’m not sure if you lose efficiency doing that, but I wouldn’t think so and it is a more relaxed style of driving. Thanks for everybody’s contribution and I have no real worries about the drivability or the enjoyment I’ll get from the lucid.

Stealth package with 20” stealth wheels

Attachments

• 987B9382-204B-4906-BB41-9268CC11E510.jpeg
    987B9382-204B-4906-BB41-9268CC11E510.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 2E8F35A6-3587-4DEC-8338-ABDA5FA098FB.jpeg
    2E8F35A6-3587-4DEC-8338-ABDA5FA098FB.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 86
Back