5 months on.

Sact Pure

I really love this car. I’ve evangelized for the brand. I’ve showed it off shamelessly to my friends and colleagues. But I am done.
Ive owned my air pure since Oct. My first disappointment on delivery was that I didn’t have 360 view. This was my fault, but I’d been led to believe that I could add dream drive pro if I wanted. I was not told that the hardware to make DDpro work was not installed on my car. In fact, I was told the opposite. My challenge was the test car I had 360 view, as did my 2016 Nissan leaf. I expected that was not an upgrade on an 86k car. My bad. I should’ve asked more questions and that is the hazard of buying online.
Whats driven me to exasperation is mainly the interface system in the car. I did have some issues with fit, promptly addressed by service visit #1 frunk alignment, passenger door alignment and a trunk alignment and they had to repaint the trunk. While addressed, all but the paint failed later. Those are irritating. The interface system is just unacceptable. I’ve had every problem you can imagine- car play, phone and nav problems Are all well documented. Rear camera disappears when backing up. Settings won’t save for profiles. Audio sound is awful with a bass sounds like Ted nugent blew a speaker. Sirius xm drops. Auto park is a joke. I can drive past 20 space with cars on each side of a space. It will recognize maybe 1. This makes it unusable and it’s needed with out 360 view bc you can’t see the edges of the car. These have all been looked at in the next 4 service visits - in a couple of cases ( car play and auto park) I’ve been told - these are functioning to spec but just aren’t very good. Not a great response. Now after the car came back yesterday and everything checked out, parts of the pilot screen don’t seem to work and I can’t reboot.
I just want to get in my car and drive. These “ features” have been figured out by Mazda a decade ago. While I’m impressed the technology makes the car a blast to drive, the technology that is table stakes in mid level cars is just awful in the lucid- and thats the technology I view every day. It’s laid out in huge screens in front of me. And it just doesn’t work. I’d give this back if I could. As is, I’m pushing to call mine a lemon.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
The price we pay to be early adopters

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
I mean I kinda thought the 86 grand would cover the basics tbh.
Ya I feel you. Mine is in the shop for a failed drive unit at 1100 miles. It sucks.

I mean I kinda thought the 86 grand would cover the basics tbh.
It does but everyone has a different idea of what's considered "basic". Surprised that you got your car 5 months ago you had an expectation other the reality of what you've experienced. The car and interface has not changed much in the past 5 months. The issues I understand, but your other gripes would have been caught in a test drive or some research.

It does but everyone has a different idea of what's considered "basic". Surprised that you got your car 5 months ago you had an expectation other the reality of what you've experienced. The car and interface has not changed much in the past 5 months. The issues I understand, but your other gripes would have been caught in a test drive or some research.
My idea of basic is when I want to make a call the phone works. When I want to listen to the radio, I’d like it to connect to the satellite service I’m subscribed to. I’d like to get in the car and drive where I’m going to go without having to do reboot on a car to recognize my settings, my rear camera or connect to car play.
Mercedes and BMW do that pretty well. Hell, my 2016 Nissan leaf has better User Interface

I saw your similar post on Facebook. I understand the need to vent, and have done so myself, but I think contacting service again is your best bet.

My idea of basic is when I want to make a call the phone works. When I want to listen to the radio, I’d like it to connect to the satellite service I’m subscribed to. I’d like to get in the car and drive where I’m going to go without having to do reboot on a car to recognize my settings, my rear camera or connect to car play.
Mercedes and BMW do that pretty well. Hell, my 2016 Nissan leaf has better User Interface
I agree those issues should be fixed and hopefully service can remedy those problems. A complaint about the interface I cannot understand, especially buying a car within the past year. That is what boggles my mind when folks come here and complain about something that is fairly obvious with a test drive, still bought the car, and then complain about it afterwards.

I agree those issues should be fixed and hopefully service can remedy those problems. A complaint about the interface I cannot understand, especially buying a car within the past year. That is what boggles my mind when folks come here and complain about something that is fairly obvious with a test drive, still bought the car, and then complain about it afterwards.
To be fair software can be complex and living day to day with it is much different than test driving in static conditions. I’ve caught a lot of things that reviews failed to mention now that I live with the car and test drives are 30ish minutes (I took two). Hell there are even times where I’ll test something out, think I can live with the compromises yet the compromises show their ugly head too much after living with it day to day. Just the nature of the beast, especially when buying expensive and complex anything’s.

To be fair software can be complex and living day to day with it is much different than test driving in static conditions. I’ve caught a lot of things that reviews failed to mention now that I live with the car and test drives are 30ish minutes (I took two). Hell there are even times where I’ll test something out, think I can live with the compromises yet the compromises show their ugly head too much after living with it day to day. Just the nature of the beast, especially when buying expensive and complex anything’s.
I understand that more than most here. But with 2+ years of available research, videos, experiences, etc should have been able to discern a fair bit more info in addition to however many test drives one was able to do

Last edited:
I saw your similar post on Facebook. I understand the need to vent, and have done so myself, but I think contacting service again is your best bet.
I’ve done that. They’ve said they’ve escalated but nothing in the 18 hours since. I assume service visit #6, which won’t solve the problems, will be up next.

I feel ya. Its early adopter issues with some of the software issues with a new car. I literally have had my car for 24 hours and the 360 cameras stopped working when I was parking earlier asking me to turn on/off the car. Im not even sure how to do that as the car doesnt have an on/off and I thought it did that after I got out and was gone for a bit haha

I think some software nags are impossible to discern in a test drive and only in some more long term use like you are experiencing now and they should be the most easily remedied as they are just that... software so ie: patches/updates/etc. I work in games, I know the drill.

Either way, hoping things get better and if not, you can always exercise state lemon laws depending on where you are at. Best of luck sir. Glad you still enjoy the driving performance/feel. I do as well!

I feel ya. Its early adopter issues with some of the software issues with a new car. I literally have had my car for 24 hours and the 360 cameras stopped working when I was parking earlier asking me to turn on/off the car. Im not even sure how to do that as the car doesnt have an on/off and I thought it did that after I got out and was gone for a bit haha
I think something happened with the latest update. Everything was fine until I turned on the tilting mirrors after a couple days. After that the turn signal mirrors didn't work, and then the 360 degree view stopped working and I got the same error: "Pilot screen surround view monitoring error. Turn your vehicle off and on again." I tried the "air" reboot, which didn't fix it. I then tried the card/blinker reset and went into a store for about a half hour, but that also made no difference. I texted customer service when I got home, and they said the card/blinker reset doesn't work anymore and to just let the car lock normally. I turned the tilting mirror setting off and let the car lock itself and sit overnight. Everything was working fine this morning. I turned the mirror tilt setting back on to see if it happens again next time I drive. My other cars never had the tilt mirror, so I don't miss it, but I have come to rely on the turn signal cameras. All is well again.

Weird. I’ve had that “error reboot” thing like once. The Air logo reset solved it. I’ve been relatively immune to software problems, the worst being some intermittent input lag that disappeared a couple updates ago. Cameras almost always work (like I think they’ve not worked maybe 3-4 times in nearly 2 years of ownership), the backup camera in the wife’s Volvo XC40 EV is less reliable, dropping out if you don’t give it a good 2 minutes to load after you get in the car.

@Sact Pure did they fix your bass defect? That’s solved by putting the correct butyl tape over a sound port in the front footwell from what I understand. I heard this defect in a loaner GT, it was surprising how much it messed the audio up. My car meanwhile doesn’t have this issue and sounds like a professional recording studio. I do think it sucks cars are still being delivered with this known defect, I mentioned it in a survey Lucid asked me to fill out. This car is capable of being mind blowingly awesome, it’s just these hiccups that keep happening to some owners that I wish they could find a way to eradicate given they’ve been building the car for 2 years now.

I feel you. I was also misled by the 360° view camera on air pure. They should be ashamed on that

If you do a little research you can figure out that 360 is not standard. Many times, I know more about the car than the salesman, including luxury marques like Lexus, Jaguar. As per software issues, mine has been almost flawless, and gotten better with recent updates. Sorry yours is having issues. But it has improved significantly.

I do as much research as I can, that way, I won’t be upset. I even check on what tire manufacturer is to be expected.

I feel you. I was also misled by the 360° view camera on air pure. They should be ashamed on that
It was very clear from the beginning that the Pure had less equipment and did not come equipped with the cameras and sensors for Dream Drive Pro or Premium. There was nothing misleading about it. A better narrative would be to say, I regret not doing more careful research about the equipment on each car before I purchased.

I really love this car. I’ve evangelized for the brand. I’ve showed it off shamelessly to my friends and colleagues. But I am done.
Ive owned my air pure since Oct. My first disappointment on delivery was that I didn’t have 360 view. This was my fault, but I’d been led to believe that I could add dream drive pro if I wanted. I was not told that the hardware to make DDpro work was not installed on my car. In fact, I was told the opposite. My challenge was the test car I had 360 view, as did my 2016 Nissan leaf. I expected that was not an upgrade on an 86k car. My bad. I should’ve asked more questions and that is the hazard of buying online.
Whats driven me to exasperation is mainly the interface system in the car. I did have some issues with fit, promptly addressed by service visit #1 frunk alignment, passenger door alignment and a trunk alignment and they had to repaint the trunk. While addressed, all but the paint failed later. Those are irritating.
Have they addressed the failing paint? Certainly that is covered under warranty.
The interface system is just unacceptable. I’ve had every problem you can imagine- car play, phone and nav problems Are all well documented.
CarPlay has been rock solid lately. There were issues with sound quality early on but those seem to have been resolved. If your car is having issues, it could be a hardware problem.
Rear camera disappears when backing up.
I have never seen this personally or seen it reported here on the forum. Could you please take a video of that happening?
Settings won’t save for profiles.
Which settings won't save? Please give some more information so others in the forum can help you resolve this.
Audio sound is awful with a bass sounds like Ted nugent blew a speaker.
If the bass sounds muddy like a blown speaker, you may have an issue with a piece of loose tape located near the woofer in the footwells forward of the front doors. There is a lot of information available here on the forum about that. If that is indeed the case, it is a simple fix and the sound will be immediately better.
Sirius xm drops.
I suggest you try to use SiriusXM now. There have been several upgrades in the last software update to reduce the amount of dropouts. Personally, I use it through CarPlay and have zero issues. This is most likely due to the fact that my Verizon service is stronger here than the car's own cell signal.
Auto park is a joke. I can drive past 20 space with cars on each side of a space. It will recognize maybe 1. This makes it unusable and it’s needed with out 360 view bc you can’t see the edges of the car.
I agree, auto park does not work well.
These have all been looked at in the next 4 service visits - in a couple of cases ( car play and auto park) I’ve been told - these are functioning to spec but just aren’t very good. Not a great response. Now after the car came back yesterday and everything checked out, parts of the pilot screen don’t seem to work and I can’t reboot.
Which parts of the pilot screen don't work? Again, please make a video showing what is going on so long-term owners can try to help you. That's what this forum is all about.
I just want to get in my car and drive. These “ features” have been figured out by Mazda a decade ago. While I’m impressed the technology makes the car a blast to drive, the technology that is table stakes in mid level cars is just awful in the lucid- and thats the technology I view every day. It’s laid out in huge screens in front of me. And it just doesn’t work. I’d give this back if I could. As is, I’m pushing to call mine a lemon.
Problems with your car have nothing to do with a Mazda. They have to do with Lucid. If you love Mazdas, you might've considered buying one of those. But that comparison adds nothing to your argument. Some of the items (equipment not available on the Pure model) are due to your own due diligence, but some of the items sound like real issues that require help. You might be surprised that a lot of the long-term owners on here are ready and willing to help you, and there were also quite a few Lucid employees that lurk around and would like to see specific information about what is going on so they also can help you. Just coming on here and saying the car is junk doesn't help. Laws vary by state, but since your car hasn't had the same problem over and over, I doubt lemon laws apply. You can't simply lemon a car because you don't like it. So, your only option is to try to get what is fixable fixed so you can begin enjoying the car. I think you're enjoyment will increase if you use the forum group to help you over these hurdles. We are ready to do so… The ball is in your court.

I have known for a long time that the 360 cameras were part of an optional package. But I was an early "reserver" of a Pure and had done my research. I just went to the Lucid site planning to demonstrate to the OP how easy it was to see that the cameras were not part of the basic package. To my surprise, it was not very easy. I can see how the OP might have thought that it was part of the basic package.

Back