Initial Impressions Lucid GT Stealth in Chicago

Mkavouras

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid grand touring
Hello Forum!

I picked up my Stealth Quantum Gray with Tahoe Interior earlier this week out of the Chicago Goose Island location. Photos below including interior with 3D mats (thanks to others who provided suggestions on these mats!). Bottom line - 100% infatuated with this car after just a few days of ownership. I couldn’t be more excited about the purchase. A few early impressions:

Drive: Simply incredible! Coming from a Porsche Taycan, I was skeptical a car could have the engineering prowess of that car, but now I understand why this car has won all these awards. It’s just a joy to drive - so much power and agility.

Interior: It is more luxurious than I even remember during my test drives. The quality of everything inside the cabin shines through. It just simply feels like premium luxury. And I love the Tahoe interior even more know that I’ve spent time with it. The cabin is quiet and you just feel like you’re in this personal bubble where you can just focus and enjoy the drive.

Software: Knock on wood, but no issues to report. My biggest stress was about the software glitches and bugs reported on the Forum but I also came in with tempered expectations. Very early but I was struck by the instant on, and the instant tactic responses of the touchscreens to my selections. No lags at all. I know this was a big issue in 1.0 and clearly the 2.0 version is light years from that. The software in the Taycan was underwhelming with no real OTA updates to speak of (other than maps). I found the interface intuitive. And there was so much noise on Homelink for those reversing out of the garage. I found it simple to just click the X on the reverse camera, and then close through the Homelink button. Once you know where to tap, it takes <3 seconds to tap, tap, tap. I didn’t find this as inconvenient as many others - certainly not worth sweating about until a “single tap” option is added down the road.

Sound System: Love it! I’ve had SIrius XM in prior cars for over the last 10 years and so was really happy to see when they added at least the online app as an option. But I immediately went to Tidal to listen to the Dolby Atmos tracks (downloaded the LucidOwners Atmos playlist someone posted on a thread) and have just been blown away. The crispness and quality of the sound on these tracks is just incredible to listen to. I’ve actually been just exploring music and enjoying all these tracks - and finding that I’m not missing my Sirius XM at all. When I did switch over to XM or non-Atmos tracks, I still find the sound system very high quality. I don’t seem to miss any bass or feel like there isn’t enough “oomph” for my tastes at least. But I’ve never been someone to play mind-blowing tracks with earth shaking bass. But there was enough feedback on threads that I had very low expectations and the sound system simply exceeded them in every way. (I know sound is very subjective).

Range: I bought the car to enjoy the drive and range in my new car was important as a hockey dad that has to take my boys to various tournaments around the midwest. I completely ignored doing any complex kWh calculations to see if I got the range I expected. And frankly, I do not plan to. I just compared my real world experience relative to my previous EV (where I was getting at most 150-220 “real world” driving miles in the Taycan depending on weather, traffic, etc.). Usually when I left home on a full charge (80% for local driving) I’d be at 180 miles as my starting point. When I picked up my Lucid, I drove home from Chicago through 1 1/2 hours of traffic. Made several trips throughout the day, and then drove to a distant northern suburb for my son’s hockey game and back home again. Normally, I’d be plugging in my EV that night after all that driving. I ended the day still north of 300 miles of range in my Air. I chuckled that I had more range left over ending a long day of driving than what I used to starting with. Will I expect to every get the 489 miles of range? No. I know that’s not realistic based on my prior experience with EVs (which helped level set expectations). But I want to assure everyone concerned about range - this is by far more than you’ll expect to see than any other EV on the market. That’s the critical point.

Hopefully this helps others who may be “on the fence” like I was. Go for it! Don’t let the new car company anxiety get in the way. Lucid simply nailed it. Looking forward to learning more about the car and finding excuses to drive it :) Now I understand why there are so many hear that are passionate about the Lucid Air and fell in love with it despite the expected growing pains of a new car company.

Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 01C75C2F-54CC-4A4D-A43F-D9CD4F6C0C11.jpeg
    01C75C2F-54CC-4A4D-A43F-D9CD4F6C0C11.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 559
  • 2AA7BE73-FD95-4567-9A4C-22BF658F01E2.jpeg
    2AA7BE73-FD95-4567-9A4C-22BF658F01E2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 540
Great review, even dropping off and picking up my kid at school is an event with the Air! Thought the handling was similar to the Panamera and Taycan, even with more compliance. Enjoy!

Thanks for this wonderful review, it is well-reasoned review. This is so much better than the "professional" reviews. I cannot wait to get my car.

2nd the comments on the car and review - and had many of the same thoughts!! also have the tahoe interior and love the mats - i'll be lookin for that link. im really diggin the stealth look... guess i'll go that route on my next one! ;)

Glad that you are delighted with your AGT. It looks awesome in Stealth. I have no experience with Taycan but as a lifelong Porsche lover with experience with a recent model year Panamera GTS and 911 Turbo S, I can say that the AGT gives up nothing on public roads to the Turbo and is worlds above the GTS.

Congratulations. It’s just beautiful. I got same color but with platinum finish. I wasn’t sure about the stealth look - but now I know it looks awesome. Enjoy. I got my mats from Lucid as they match Tahoe color well apart from fit. But I think yours look better.

Back