Options pricing available on website now

Yugi

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
FYI, lucid updated pricing on website configurator.

Not for the Pure. Anything optional still shows no price, but I imagine you can guess from the Air Touring which does show an options price.

Do we think that Touring reservations may start to confirm in the next month+ and that is the reason they solidified these numbers? Especially since Pure hasn't be set yet.

Edit: Likely not within the next month since AGT reservations still haven't all been confirmed.

Not for the Pure. Anything optional still shows no price, but I imagine you can guess from the Air Touring which does show an options price.
My guess is that by the time they are close to confirming the Pure orders, those prices will go higher on both trim lines due to the inflation we are seeing. They probably don’t want to lock a price in on the Pure orders yet.

Do we think that Touring reservations may start to confirm in the next month+ and that is the reason they solidified these numbers? Especially since Pure hasn't be set yet.

Edit: Likely not within the next month since AGT reservations still haven't all been confirmed.
Yup. They are probably going to start confirming Tourings within a month with the same 2-4 month window. That would put first Touring deliveries in that May-July timeline.

My guess is that by the time they are close to confirming the Pure orders, those prices will go higher on both trim lines due to the inflation we are seeing. They probably don’t want to lock a price in on the Pure orders yet.
Or the website hasn't been fully updated. ;)

Yup. They are probably going to start confirming Tourings within a month with the same 2-4 month window. That would put first Touring deliveries in that May-July timeline.
My guess would be July at the extreme earliest for Tourings. However, with the Tourings we won't have to wait for them to produce test drive vehicles first like they are doing with the Grand Tourings, so hopefully there won't be as big of a delay.

So even with all the options it comes out to 113k. Big gap to the GT.

The gap is the batteries

The fly in the ointment for US Touring orders is the influx of ex-US orders from last summer. Those appeared to be of higher value per order and suggest a large proportion of GT orders. Lucid is starting to confirm some EU orders (e.g., Norway), which indicates they may try to fill these orders before changing the line to Touring and Pure. I would guess Saudi orders (second largest market) are going to lean toward AGTs, so that could contribute to a delay for Touring order fulfillment. It’s a good strategy for Lucid, as there’s higher profit in the AGT line.

For the sake of the Touring order members of this forum, I hope I’m wrong.

The fly in the ointment for US Touring orders is the influx of ex-US orders from last summer. Those appeared to be of higher value per order and suggest a large proportion of GT orders. Lucid is starting to confirm some EU orders (e.g., Norway), which indicates they may try to fill these orders before changing the line to Touring and Pure. I would guess Saudi orders (second largest market) are going to lean toward AGTs, so that could contribute to a delay for Touring order fulfillment. It’s a good strategy for Lucid, as there’s higher profit in the AGT line.

I speak for the Touring order members (as one), when I say that I agree that I hope you’re wrong. (But you’re probably right especially since they confirmed to begin foreign orders)

If we take them at their word of 20k units production in 2022, and they’ve started GT production, they’d be done with the currently confirmed GTs in a few months at the rate that implies.

Anyway, what’s stopping them from producing multiple trims at once? There are very few hardware differences among the trims compared to many ICE cars and their boatload of options. And those hardware differences are quite modular.

I received the pricing from my SA a few days ago for pure.

Options pricing for both Pure
  1. 20" wheels for Pure: $1,500
  2. Pure does not come with AWD, but the cost for the extra motor for AWD is: $5,000
  3. Surreal Sound System: $2,900

There will be a limit to the patience for some of the Touring & Pure reservation holders. There are too many nice alternatives that will be available in the very near future.

As you get older you are faced with the reality that your ’window of patience’ grows smaller with each advancing year.

If we take them at their word of 20k units production in 2022, and they’ve started GT production, they’d be done with the currently confirmed GTs in a few months at the rate that implies.

Anyway, what’s stopping them from producing multiple trims at once? There are very few hardware differences among the trims compared to many ICE cars and their boatload of options. And those hardware differences are quite modular.

Well, the problem is that if we take them at their word, they are going to get to the lines in order of profit margin. “Lucid plans to release a slew of more affordable Air electric cars late next year, so for now the cheapest model is the 2022 Air Grand Touring, starting at $139,000. The Air Touring, with prices starting at $95,000, is expected to go on sale in spring 2022. It'll be followed by the $77,400 Air Pure in late 2022. The higher-spec Air Dream Edition starts at $169,000, but it's for now available only to reservation holders.” Motor Trend, Nov 2021

I agree that they should be able to produce multiple lines at once eventually, but the profitability issue combined with a significant burn rate dictates their model introduction strategy.

That being said, even if they miss their target of 20K cars by a bit, which is unfortunately likely due to a two month delay in getting past DE production, Lucid should still work through the AGT orders this year and get to the Touring line in 2022. Not so sure about Pure, as what was planned in November 2021 for “late 2022” in November may now be 2023.

Once AMP-2 gets going later this year, production for Lucid should become much less of an issue even if a lot of AMP-2 will be eventually devoted to Gravity production. It’s just rough temporarily.

Last edited:
There will be a limit to the patience for some of the Touring & Pure reservation holders. There are too many nice alternatives that will be available in the very near future.

As you get older you are faced with the reality that your ’window of patience’ grows smaller with each advancing year.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. If you assume that a 2 month delay in DE production will lead to some delay in production of all models going forward, would you give up your guaranteed but slightly delayed production slot for a different car? Just about all the desirable cars (and even the undesirable ones) are subject to waiting lists and dealer markups.

Furthermore, the Lucid Air in any trim is a luxury good and not a necessary one. Hopefully, people who can afford to buy one can also afford to wait a for a few additional months if needed.

I’m a Rivian R1S reservation holder, and my slot for delivery is first half 2023. With the current market environment, there are no BEVs equivalent to the Rivian that I would choose over waiting until then, even if the timing slips a little. And even if I wanted a Hummer or a F150, I don’t think I’d get them any sooner than the Rivian. The Rivian isn’t a strictly necessary purchase as my wife likes to remind me. My Subaru Outback with 105K miles is perfectly adequate. So, I can afford to wait.

I would think that at some point Lucid would need to be capable of producing two trims at once. Once they get to a point of producing Tourings, they will need to also be able to produce any new Grand Touring reservations that come in.

I would think that at some point Lucid would need to be capable of producing two trims at once. Once they get to a point of producing Tourings, they will need to also be able to produce any new Grand Touring reservations that come in.

Totally agree. But right now, their financial situation would be better served by a line-by-line rollout.

Back